Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Welcome to Brockton East

This happened within walking distance of my house

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pb...NEWS/907210308

A stabbing, followed by a vigilante posse of stellar citizens with records ranging from 2 to 9 pages, kicking in doors all over Sagamore Beach looking for the kid who stabbed their cousin.

Gotta love Cape Chaos.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I had much better things to do when I was a kid.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
saltfly

The picture of these nitwits in Falmouth court is classic[actually scarey].I love the Peace shirt on the woman.It's post on Cape Cod Todays site.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Love this quote as the attorney clicks his ruby slippers...
Quote:
Their attorneys argued that the description of the alleged assailants didn't match their clients — one even maintained that his client was not a tall black man wearing a Celtics jersey. When pressed because his client, Lightford, is a black man and was wearing a Celtics jersey at the arraignment, the attorney argued that he isn't that tall.
You wouldn't say that Mike, wouldya?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
JohnnyD

Hopefully those people only keep to killing themselves.

Also, the question needs to be asked as to why collections of those people are congregating in the Bourne area. What is it about Bourne that is drawing the dreads of society to it? Not one of the 4 pieces of chit are actually from Bourne.

When exactly will the Bourne and other Cape Police Depts. start to admit that there is a crime problem on the Cape?

Last edited by JohnnyD; 07-21-2009 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: Added text
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post

Also, the question needs to be asked as to why collections of those people are congregating in the Bourne area. What is it about Bourne that is drawing the dreads of society to it? Not one of the 4 pieces of chit are actually from Bourne.

When exactly will the Bourne and other Cape Police Depts. start to admit that there is a crime problem on the Cape?
The Cape for years has been a criminal magnet for some reason, Hyannis especially. With it higher cost of living it must be the good karma they all find over the bridge.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post

Bourne is like the crossroad inn in medieval times, where "entrepreneurs" from the Providence/New Bedford area coming east, and the Boston area coming south, meet up with the clientele, both the locals and the ones from over the bridges.

There "traders" operate on mutual distrust and like doing business in the well-lighted areas, like this Shell station, or some places in Buzzards bay. Convenient to the highways for a quick on/off, and well lighted so no one gets the idea of ripping the other off.

Really--it's like the bar in Star Wars

Last edited by Mike P; 07-21-2009 at 02:30 PM..

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Love this quote as the attorney clicks his ruby slippers... You wouldn't say that Mike, wouldya?
I get the idea they had to put out a call for some extra hands on deck yesterday. Normally they don't have 5 court appointed lawyers on duty in New Bedford District Court, let alone Falmouth.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post

, kicking in doors all over Sagamore Beach looking for the kid who stabbed their cousin.

If they kicked my dad's door in, they would have been on the wrong end of some hot lead.

these punks need to go to boot camp and learn some respect of their fellow human beings and get a real job.
it's getting bad

I am getting some pepper spray tomorrow
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
these punks need to go to boot camp and learn some respect of their fellow human beings and get a real job.
it's getting bad
Agreed. Either that or get in a fire fight on an abandoned street with some "competitors" where no one survives.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I am getting some pepper spray tomorrow
I'm seriously considering applying for a LTC. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and something like this happening virtually in my front yard moves me beyond the "just thinking" phase.

For the Canal, pepper spray might be a good idea. Right now, I've been carrying a Boga knock-off in my jig bag--and not "just" for weighing fish I let go.

There have been three incidents that I know of in that Shell station over the past couple of years. This was by far the worst--and the thought of a gang of thugs tearing into houses looking for the guy........

I dawned on me this morning that one of those names of the home invaders sounded very familiar, so I checked our office records--turns out I represented him last July

Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
It dawned on me this morning that one of those names of the home invaders sounded very familiar, so I checked our office records--turns out I represented him last July
Did he pay you?

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Did he pay you?
It was court-appointed. What I didn't get from him in cash, I got in attitude and verbal abuse.

The drug dealer that he supposedly "robbed" (who was carrying 200 grams of fake coke in his car) had the good grace to OD and die 6 weeks into the case, and I was able to get it dismissed. Then, he was my best buddy

Old 07-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #14
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

man that is one helleva line of work you got there Mike!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote