Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2020, 04:52 PM   #91
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i think it’s everyone’s responsibility i make an informed choice on election day. that necessarily means knowing the truthful good and bad about who is running. not just the good, not just the bad.

what a concept!!!

what does it say about the flimsiness of your beliefs, that you can’t comment on biden saying republicans want to enslave blacks, or his comment that conservative blacks ain’t black.

you literally can’t comment. because even though it happened, you can’t spin it into a positive for biden. so you ignore it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Once again you live in the pass it seems blacks don’t have an issue where you have an issue .. I’ll default to blacks feeling on the topic

Yet your party loves lies

Georgia's two Republican U.S. senators are calling on the state's top election official — also a Republican — to resign Monday after alleging "too many failures in Georgia elections this year" but without mentioning specifics to support their claims.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #92
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
It is a good charity.

I don't like when Trump does it and I don't like when Hillary did it. But if needed the courts will decide.

Remember how Russia won it for Trump? Hillary - and you - still blame Russia.
As I have said. Fraud and influenced are not the same

But some keep claiming they are
Old 11-09-2020, 05:31 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Biden a comments are “living in the past”? he’s the president elect.

incredible. according to you, there’s no value in looking at divisive comments made by the president elect, before his first day. what do we evaluate him on?

what are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you simple admitted that he has said some divisive things?

why isn’t it living in the past when you continue to bring up things teump has said and done? it’s ora fiscally all you guys do. and it’s fair, obviously.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #94
spence

Quote:

incredible. according to you, there’s no value in looking at divisive comments made by the president elect, before his first day. what do we evaluate him on?

what are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you simple admitted that he has said some divisive things?

why isn’t it living in the past when you continue to bring up things teump has said and done? it’s ora fiscally all you guys do. and it’s fair, obviously.
You have a parity problem Jim.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
As I have said. Fraud and influenced are not the same

But some keep claiming they are
conspiracy and fraud are not the same thing. Are you claiming they are?
Old 11-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #96
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
conspiracy and fraud are not the same thing. Are you claiming they are?
Trumps done plenty of both
Ask the SDNY and Mueller

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-09-2020, 05:53 PM   #97
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trumps done plenty of both
Ask the SDNY and Mueller
I know bombshell news is coming out daily. Did I miss some new report that Trump was convicted of conspiracy and plenty of fraud?
Old 11-09-2020, 06:15 PM   #98
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
do you seriously not see any irony in that statement, given how democrats acted for the last 4 years?

i happen to agree with your notion, it’s just absurd that for 4 years all you did was “not get over”. the 2016 election.

so it’s ok when liberals throw a temper tantrum, but republicans should suck it up?
Ditto what Eben said, if he hadn’t spent 4 years trolling the entire country you’d have a point here... but that’s not the case

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:51 PM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Ditto what Eben said, if he hadn’t spent 4 years trolling the entire country you’d have a point here... but that’s not the case
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "trolling" is intentionally so. Do you honestly believe that Trump was trying to "troll"?
Old 11-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #100
wdmso

Quote:

Again the past is not something from yesterday or a year ago unless your just being literal ,,, again they are not the same as things said and done 6 8 or 40 years ago
Old 11-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #101
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again the past is not something from yesterday or a year ago unless your just being literal ,,, again they are not the same as things said and done 6 8 or 40 years ago
so what time period is appropriate to judge biden on? is it the same
time period you used to judge trump on? this is just about as stupid as it gets.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:04 PM   #102
wdmso

Quote:
so what time period is appropriate to judge biden on? is it the same
time period you used to judge trump on? this is just about as stupid as it gets.
Recent history and ancient history it’s self explanatory

Speaking recent history
Death to all Marxist Democrats" and "Take no prisoners leave no survivors!!" Police Chief Resigns In Arkansas
Old 11-09-2020, 10:44 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety has a new site

loser.com
Old 11-09-2020, 11:46 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
Tweety has a new site

loser.com
Actually, he may well have a new site.

Because of social medias blocking conservatives, new platforms are happening to give conservatives and free speech folks a place to go in oder to replace twitter and youtube and facebook--eg, Rumble and Parler.

From Newsweek:
"Social media platform Parler is topping Apple and Google download charts this week after Joe Biden's election victory over President Donald Trump. Pitched as an alternative to Facebook and Twitter, the Parler app has pitched itself as a "free speech" social network and is populated by Republican politicians and a variety of right wing personalities who have been exiled from mainstream services.

In the U.S. as of today, Parler is top of Apple's free download chart and the Google Play Store, according to data from analytics firm SensorTower, which indicated the app had attracted around 200,000 downloads last month, collectively on both stores. The exact size of the app's userbase is not fully clear, however Parler CEO John Matze indicated in a post yesterday that it had received up to two million new accounts. "We expected a million or so people today... but 2? You guys are crazy," he wrote.

As conservatives reel from Trump's defeat, well-followed users on Twitter have appealed for their readers to sign up to Parler in recent days, mostly citing censorship. The app currently sits above TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in recent downloads.

Trump campaign advisor Katrina Pierson said last Friday that Trump joining Parler would make Twitter "irrelevant," saying CEO Jack Dorsey "couldn't interfere with the election or censor Trump supporters anymore" while also promoting her own profile.

Several high-profile users are already active on the Parler platform, including Sen. Ted Cruz, Fox News host Sean Hannity, Congressman Devin Nunes and Eric Trump. The president does not have an active Parler profile, however his campaign does.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:05 AM   #105
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Biden smoked Trump with the black vote, which is surprising because DeBarr has repeatedly insisted Trump is not a racist and Jim loves to point out how Trump has done more for blacks than even Lincoln. The election results makes Trump irrelevant, so he can go find another group of minions on Parlor and he can continue to do what he does best; make up stuff and spout BS.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:22 AM   #106
Pete F.
Canceled

As he contests the election, Trump has largely stopped governing:

His public schedule hasn’t included an intelligence briefing since Oct. 1

No foreign lead call readout in weeks

No statement on Tropical Storm Eta

No COVID task force meeting in months

Well, if you're gonna fire your SECDEF, might as well stop getting intelligence briefings or defending the country at all.

But he’s still playing golf
YOLO
Old 11-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #107
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Biden smoked Trump with the black vote, which is surprising
I know right?....democrats historically get only a tiny proportion of the black vote...what happened?????
Old 11-10-2020, 08:32 AM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

According to polling data analysis by the AP and Tufts University, Black voters under 30, 88% voted for Biden and only 9% voted for Trump.

As racial justice protests ignited throughout the country this summer after the killing of George Floyd by police in Minnesota in May – then accelerated with the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in August – Americans took sides divided mostly along racial lines.

Trump and Republicans took notice, capitalizing on existing racial tensions and preying on lingering fears of some conservatives of a less white America, where people of color will soon be the majority of the US population.

“[Trump] made a conscious decision to make an enemy of an entire movement for Black lives, going as far to use his authority and justice department not only to excuse law enforcement accountability but to target those within the movement,” said David Bowen, a Wisconsin state representative.

“[Young people are] out here making their voices heard and the power of their vote felt on a president who made a target out of them,” he added.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #109
scottw

Quote:

According to polling data analysis
are you surprised too?
Old 11-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #110
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I know right?....democrats historically get only a tiny proportion of the black vote...what happened?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
are you surprised too?
Are you doing shrooms?

Trends in party affiliation among black voters have been largely stable over recent years. Overall, 87% of black voters identify with the Democratic Party or lean Democratic, compared with just 7% who identify as Republican or lean Republican.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #111
scottw

Quote:
Are you doing shrooms?

Trends in party affiliation among black voters have been largely stable over recent years. Overall, 87% of black voters identify with the Democratic Party or lean Democratic, compared with just 7% who identify as Republican or lean Republican.
this is almost as shocking as "biden smoking trump with the black vote"....

got any other surprising nuggets that you've uncovered?
Old 11-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #112
Pete F.
Canceled

Trumplicans are basically saying black votes are illegal, next they’ll say they’re only worth 3/5ths of a vote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trumplicans are basically saying black votes are illegal, next they’ll say they’re only worth 3/5ths of a vote
i dont know anyone saying that. but i know who said that blacks ain’t black unless they are for Biden. and you did t have squat to say about that.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:53 PM   #114
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i dont know anyone saying that. but i know who said that blacks ain’t black unless they are for Biden. and you did t have squat to say about that.
Almost 90% of blacks didn’t care about that but they cared that Tweety wouldn’t say Black Lives Matter, attacked protesters as terrorists and praised his rightwing supporters.
Probably haven’t forgotten the years of birtherism either.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
Almost 90% of blacks didn’t care about that but they cared that Tweety wouldn’t say Black Lives Matter, attacked protesters as terrorists and praised his rightwing supporters.
Probably haven’t forgotten the years of birtherism either.
Trump said all lives matter. Not being racist, I assume that blacks have the requisite intelligence to know that they are included in "all lives." It could be that racists would have us believe that Blacks might not comprehend the notion of "all lives."

Of Course your capitalization refers to the movement not to lives, Black or otherwise. Actually he has said the name of that movement. And he has pointed out that it is "destroying many Black lives."
Old 11-10-2020, 01:10 PM   #116
spence

Quote:
Are you doing shrooms?
Oh yea
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shroom.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	67469  
Old 11-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump said all lives matter. Not being racist, I assume that blacks have the requisite intelligence to know that they are included in "all lives." It could be that racists would have us believe that Blacks might not comprehend the notion of "all lives."

Of Course your capitalization refers to the movement not to lives, Black or otherwise. Actually he has said the name of that movement. And he has pointed out that it is "destroying many Black lives."
Apparently blacks think he and you are full of baloney
That’s one of the reasons he lost

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #118
detbuch

Quote:
Apparently blacks think he and you are full of baloney
That’s one of the reasons he lost
Well, if it's true that blacks think that all lives matter is baloney, then maybe blacks truly are stupid. But I don't think so. I don't categorize blacks as a monolith. What I think, and I believe that I associate with a lot more blacks a lot more times during a week than most of you guys out East, is that Black Dems and White Dems have this engrained common notion that White "conservatives" are racist. And that they, as you express it, keep believing.

Black conservatives, know better.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Well, if it's true that blacks think that all lives matter is baloney, then maybe blacks truly are stupid. But I don't think so. I don't categorize blacks as a monolith. What I think, and I believe that I associate with a lot more blacks a lot more times during a week than most of you guys out East, is that Black Dems and White Dems have this engrained common notion that White "conservatives" are racist. And that they, as you express it, keep believing.

Black conservatives, know better.
Most of the people here would tell you that Striped Bass Lives matter.
That is not saying that all fish do not matter but that they think that there is a problem in the Striped Bass ecosystem and they are concerned about it.
BLM is no different.
I don't know much about crappie fishing, so maybe they don't matter anymore than any other fish.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #120
spence

Quote:
Most of the people here would tell you that Striped Bass Lives matter.
That is not saying that all fish do not matter but that they think that there is a problem in the Striped Bass ecosystem and they are concerned about it.
BLM is no different.
I don't know much about crappie fishing, so maybe they don't matter anymore than any other fish.
All Lives Matter is essentially saying everything is fine so quit yer beotching. Or as Jarred Kushner so eloquently put it...

"can help people break out of the problems that they're complaining about, but he can't want them to be successful more than they want to be successful."