Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #121
PaulS

All lives matter but right now we need to concentrate on Black lives.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:38 PM   #122
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
and i say, what better way to do that, than to have a president who says you aren’t really black unless you’re a liberal?

let’s ignore fatherlessness , urban violence, failing city schools, let’s ignore all the things hurting the black community which don’t help
democrats win elections.

and let’s focus all of our energy instead, on police brutality, which pales in comparison to so many other challenges. but it’s a winning issue for democrats, and that’s all
that really matters

let’s elect the guy who literally wrote the crime bill which incarcerated massive numbers if blacks.

if that doesn’t work, nothing will.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #123
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and i say, what better way to do that, than to have a president who says you aren’t really black unless you’re a liberal?

let’s ignore fatherlessness , urban violence, failing city schools, let’s ignore all the things hurting the black community which don’t help
democrats win elections.

and let’s focus all of our energy instead, on police brutality, which pales in comparison to so many other challenges. but it’s a winning issue for democrats, and that’s all
that really mattersAnd let's have a President who won't tell people to save other people's lives by wearing a mask bc winning an election is all that matters.

let’s elect the guy who literally wrote the crime bill which incarcerated massive numbers if blacks.

if that doesn’t work, nothing will.
Biden said he shouldn't of said that and said sorry the next day but it doesn't matter to you. You show more outrage than the people you think should be outraged.

I should start a word doc so you can cut and paste the items you post repeatedly.

Biden said you aren't black if you vote for a conservative
Hillary called people deplorable.
Obama said people cling to their religion and guns.
Conservatives give more $ to charity
etc
etc
Old 11-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #124
Jim in CT

Quote:
Biden said he shouldn't of said that and said sorry the next day but it doesn't matter to you. You show more outrage than the people you think should be outraged.

I should start a word doc so you can cut and paste the items you post repeatedly.

etc
etc
they all apologize, after their staff tells them the polls show people hates the line. it’s kind of the opposite of sincere.

did he apologize for writing the crime bill?
Old 11-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:

etc
etc
i post those things repeatedly, because they destroy your arguments. when you can’t rebut what i’m saying, only fault me for lack of new material, what does that suggest?
Old 11-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #126
PaulS

Quote:
i post those things repeatedly, because they destroy your arguments. when you can’t rebut what i’m saying, only fault me for lack of new material, what does that suggest?
They don't destroy anybody. they just show what a petty person you are that you need to bring up the few same old things that people have apologized for while ignoring the many many vile things that Trump has said and continues to say. Since there are so few things you constantly fall back on maybe you should start the word document yourself.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
They don't destroy anybody. they just show what a petty person you are that you need to bring up the few same old things that people have apologized for while ignoring the many many vile things that Trump has said and continues to say. Since there are so few things you constantly fall back on maybe you should start the word document yourself.
when you say blacks need to be helped ( which i agree with 100%), but you then say the guy to do
it is the one who says they ain’t black if they’re not for him, and who said republicans want to put blacks in chains, and he wrote the 1990s crime bill, and he said poor
kids are just as smart as white kids, and that obama was the first clean cut african american ( some such nonsense)...and you refuse to criticize him for any of that, that’s when we know you don’t cRe about helping blacks, you care about cheerleading for democrats.

Trump did 1,000 times more for blacks than Biden did in 47 years, it’s not even close.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:37 PM   #128
detbuch

Quote:
We've been concentrating on Black lives for several decades.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #129
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
We've been concentrating on Black lives for several decades.
and a fine job we’ve done, as the fatherless rate has tripled in that time. but let’s not talk about that! it’s not a winning issue for democrats.

as the liberal goal here was to abort as many as humanly possible, and use Biden’s crime bill to incarcerate the few who somehow survived the abortion gauntlet, i say kudos to the democrats.

Old 11-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #130
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Most of the people here would tell you that Striped Bass Lives matter.
That is not saying that all fish do not matter but that they think that there is a problem in the Striped Bass ecosystem and they are concerned about it.
BLM is no different.
I don't know much about crappie fishing, so maybe they don't matter anymore than any other fish.
Actually, if there is a problem in the Striped Bass ecosystem, you would say what the problem is. It would be superfluous to say Striped Bass lives matter. Nor, as far as we know, is there a movement by Striped Bass in their ecosystem proclaiming to the world that Striped Bass Lives matter. We could extend this ridiculous analogy to idiotic extremes. Like, for instance, Black Lives matter because we enjoy hunting them and eating them.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
while ignoring the many many vile things that Trump has said and continues to say. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You're saying that I don't criticize Trump for being obnoxious. That's what you're saying?
Old 11-10-2020, 06:09 PM   #132
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
All Lives Matter is essentially saying everything is fine so quit yer beotching.
No, it's not saying that. It is obvious that all "Lives" have problems. Many White Lives have serious problems. Many Black Lives don't.

Starting riots over fairly rare incidents of white police unjustly killing a black person may be your idea of helping to improve the lives of Black people, but it often, to the contrary, seems to bring destruction to the infrastructure and Black businesses in the Black community.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:28 PM   #133
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Actually, if there is a problem in the Striped Bass ecosystem, you would say what the problem is. It would be superfluous to say Striped Bass lives matter. Nor, as far as we know, is there a movement by Striped Bass in their ecosystem proclaiming to the world that Striped Bass Lives matter. We could extend this ridiculous analogy to idiotic extremes. Like, for instance, Black Lives matter because we enjoy hunting them and eating them.
OK Stable Genius Apprentice, we don’t need to know about your diet

Biden is now up to 50.8% of the popular vote, topping Reagan’s 50.7% in 1980. This is the highest percentage for a challenger since FDR in 1932

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 07:38 PM   #134
detbuch

Quote:
Biden is now up to 50.8% of the popular vote, topping Reagan’s 50.7% in 1980. This is the highest percentage for a challenger since FDR in 1932
Interesting . . . but what does have to do with your "Most of the people here would tell you that Striped Bass Lives matter"?
Old 11-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Interesting . . . but what does have to do with your "Most of the people here would tell you that Striped Bass Lives matter"?
Legal challenges: Trump-0. America-12.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #136
detbuch

Quote:
Legal challenges: Trump-0. America-12.
No doubt, the Striped Bass will be happy to hear that.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:30 PM   #137
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
No doubt, the Striped Bass will be happy to hear that.
Keep believing
You too, like Pompeo, seem to be a heatseeking missile headed for Trumps ass.
It’s getting pretty crowded up there, Pence, Pompeo, Nunes, Jordan, Ratcliffe, Meadows etc
Sooner or later it’s gonna hit the fan.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #138
detbuch

Quote:
You too, like Pompeo, seem to be a heatseeking missile headed for Trumps ass.
Keep believing
Old 11-10-2020, 10:21 PM   #139
Pete F.
Canceled

If America is to survive, the Republican Party must die.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:05 PM   #140
detbuch

Quote:
If America is to survive, the Republican Party must die.
That is certainly the most efficient way to get rid of divisiveness, to unify us all as Americans. Xi is right. The CCP way is better than ours. It has successfully killed off those who would divide the country. The ultimate system of unity.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:32 AM   #141
scottw

Quote:
OK Stable Genius Apprentice, we don’t need to know about your diet

this would explain that...

Old 11-11-2020, 07:25 AM   #142
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That is certainly the most efficient way to get rid of divisiveness, to unify us all as Americans. Xi is right. The CCP way is better than ours. It has successfully killed off those who would divide the country. The ultimate system of unity.
The former Republican Party has become the Trumplican Party
Living in fear of a tweet from Dear Leader.
Look at the admitted threat to the two Georgia Senators facing runoff elections, obey or get tweeted by the Stable Genius
Our system depends on people observing the norms, not playing them.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #143
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So there are two Senate seats at stake in Georgia but folks are being asked to donate to a legal defense fund that is being used to settle campaign debts.
Tweety cares about nothing other than himself, as demonstrated in his behavior since the election.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution puts its editorial above the banner today:

"Sens. Loeffler and Perdue have assaulted Georgia's election system"

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #144
detbuch

Quote:
The former Republican Party has become the Trumplican Party
Living in fear of a tweet from Dear Leader.
Look at the admitted threat to the two Georgia Senators facing runoff elections, obey or get tweeted by the Stable Genius
Our system depends on people observing the norms, not playing them.
This is ridiculous. Why on earth would they fear the man who is about to be deposed. It seems to me that rather than fear, the Republicans who supported Trump acted with courage in the face of our powerful media which has scourged Trump and those who support him.

And there is little threat from a tweet by Trump who is largely disabled from saying anything counter to Twitter's anti-Trump policy. Yeah . . . i said it. Twitter's anti-Trump policy.

Politicians, Democrat and Republican alike, fear their constituents and the Press, not necessarily in that order.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
This is ridiculous. Why on earth would they fear the man who is about to be deposed. It seems to me that rather than fear, the Republicans who supported Trump acted with courage in the face of our powerful media which has scourged Trump and those who support him.

And there is little threat from a tweet by Trump who is largely disabled from saying anything counter to Twitter's anti-Trump policy. Yeah . . . i said it. Twitter's anti-Trump policy.

Politicians, Democrat and Republican alike, fear their constituents and the Press, not necessarily in that order.
Ask the incumbents from Georgia or most of the Republican Senators why they are afraid

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-11-2020, 06:43 PM   #146
detbuch

Quote:
Ask the incumbents from Georgia or most of the Republican Senators why they are afraid
Did you ask them?
Old 11-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
why did a record number of americans say they’re better off now than 4 years ago, if the gop
needs to be destroyed, do you think?
Old 11-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #148
Jim in CT

pete says the GOP must die for america to survive.

this explains why cities and states where the gop has had no influence for decades, are doing so well. CT, IL, Michigan, etc...

this is why everyone is moving to liberal utopias like TX, TN, NC, SC, GA, FL.

Right Pete?

you victimized me again, eh?
Old 11-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete says the GOP must die for america to survive.

this explains why cities and states where the gop has had no influence for decades, are doing so well. CT, IL, Michigan, etc...

this is why everyone is moving to liberal utopias like TX, TN, NC, SC, GA, FL.

Right Pete?

you victimized me again, eh?
Poor victim

Biden-voting counties equal 70% of America’s economy. What does this mean for the nation’s political-economic divide?

Brookings computes that the Biden counties in 2020 accounted for even more of US economic output than the Clinton counties of 2016: now up to 70%

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #150
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

GSA called it transition is now on, get those check books out, as the thread started put up or shut up!