Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-24-2020, 02:05 AM   #151
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
SD threw down the challenge, friendly wager to help this site. Spence and I are in for $100 each, so that’s $200 saying Trump looses if he gets to the 2020 election, so pony up you guys. Figured we would keep this thread separate to track it.
relax sparky....and remember how many times you dummies predicted he wouldn't even get to the 2020 election never mind pull in 73+ million legal votes

Last edited by scottw; 11-24-2020 at 02:21 AM..
Old 11-24-2020, 02:15 AM   #152
scottw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5857.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	67497  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:44 AM   #153
PaulS

Nice Scott

Anyone tell SD we expect his $100?
Old 11-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #154
Pete F.
Canceled

He should be able to afford it, thanks to the Biden bump.
New record Dow, because Trump is leaving office and better public health and economic leadership is settling in.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-24-2020, 02:24 PM   #155
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

How about Ronnie who thought that bet equated to easy money.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #156
Jim in CT

i still owe too, and i was was
positive it was easy money then. before covid and racial tensions, i thought he was a shoe in, i was stunned anyone would bet against it. shows you what i know.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:30 AM   #157
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If America is to survive, the Republican Party must die.

Then bring your guns and your army - you're gonna need it.

This is PRECISELY the unhinged verbage that is dividing this country. This is WAY out of line and you do not get to walk this back.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #158
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

This is PRECISELY the unhinged verbage that is dividing this country. This is WAY out of line and you do not get to walk this back.
I think you missed it but we have a President who says the most vile lies of pretty much anyone.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #159
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think you missed it but we have a President who says the most vile lies of pretty much anyone.
Is it impossible for you, to not bring everything back to Trump?

Trump is obnoxious, so it's OK to say the GOP must die?

Paul, Biden told a room full of blacks, that Republicans "want to put y'all back in chains".

How much worse does it get, than that? Has Trump said many things that are more hateful, more divisive, more demonstrably false, than that? Telling blacks that Republicans see them as subhuman, that' snot as bad as anything that Trump has ever said?

But it's OK when Democrats do it. Because shut up!

ANY criticism of any liberal, anywhere, you reflexively respond with "but Trump". Like a Pavlovian dog.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #160
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Is it impossible for you, to not bring everything back to Trump?

Trump is obnoxious, so it's OK to say the GOP must die?

Paul, Biden told a room full of blacks, that Republicans "want to put y'all back in chains". It is pretty telling that you have to resort to the few same things repeatedly.

How much worse does it get, than that? Has Trump said many things that are more hateful, more divisive, more demonstrably false, than that? Telling blacks that Republicans see them as subhuman, that' snot as bad as anything that Trump has ever said?

But it's OK when Democrats do it. Because shut up!

ANY criticism of any liberal, anywhere, you reflexively respond with "but Trump". Like a Pavlovian dog.
Put me on ignore. I could care less. I doubt you have any friends on this site.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:24 AM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

The Stable Genius has the former Republican Party following him straight to Jonestown.
Most Trumplicans would tell you the following statements are true.

The traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast that we may have to use force to save it.

A time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands.

Strong leaders sometimes have to bend the rules in order to get things done.

It is hard to trust the results of elections when so many people will vote for anyone who offers a handout.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-25-2020, 09:30 AM   #162
Jim in CT

Quote:
"It is pretty telling that you have to resort to the few same things repeatedly."

Its a lot more telling that when even you know I've got you, you can't admit I have a point, so you dismiss it.

I can go all day with Biden, he's been the democrats pit bull in the legislature for 4 decades Paul (he single handedly ended the tradition of opposition party approving SCOTUS nomination with Bork, tried to portray Thomas as untrustworthy around women (that's not playing to a racist stereotype!), . But that ""chains" comment, in my opinion, is the worst thing he ever said. By far.

I asked you what Trump has said that was worse, and you came up with squat. But you couldn't admit that truth. One might say that's also telling.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #163
Jim in CT

Quote:
Put me on ignore. .
More fun to back you into a corner from which there's no escape, and watch you humiliate yourself.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #164
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'd have a drink with him.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #165
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

They love to blame Trump for dividing the country, but never take a long look in the mirror at themselves.

Old 11-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #166
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They love to blame Trump for dividing the country, but never take a long look in the mirror at themselves.
Thanks, you'd never have to buy a drink if I was in the room.

They can never, ever be responsible for any of the division. Only republicans have flaws.

I challenge anyone to find anything Trump has ever said, that's more divisive in a large-scale sense, as Biden saying that Republicans want to put blacks in chains. Trump can be disgustingly obnoxious, and often divisive. but I don't know that you can be much more divisive, that what Biden said.

But Biden gets an absolute free pass. Zero criticism. Zilch.

Have a rich and safe holiday TDF!!
Old 11-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #167
spence

Quote:
Paul, Biden told a room full of blacks, that Republicans "want to put y'all back in chains".

The remark was a response to the Romney campaign saying they were going to "unshackle" Wall Street and this was the context of his remarks.

Also, Biden has said similar things before ..."“The last time we liberated the economy under their proposals, the last eight years put the middle class in chains. My lord, how many times we have to go back to that horror movie?”

So this is the worst thing Biden has said and it's really just a silly slip. Joe says silly things sometimes Jim.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:25 AM   #168
spence

Quote:
You guys could split a watermelon White Claw
Old 11-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #169
PaulS

Quote:
More fun to back you into a corner from which there's no escape, and watch you humiliate yourself.
If you think so.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #170
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The remark was a response to the Romney campaign saying they were going to "unshackle" Wall Street and this was the context of his remarks.

Also, Biden has said similar things before ..."“The last time we liberated the economy under their proposals, the last eight years put the middle class in chains. My lord, how many times we have to go back to that horror movie?”

So this is the worst thing Biden has said and it's really just a silly slip. Joe says silly things sometimes Jim.
"The remark was a response to the Romney campaign saying they were going to "unshackle" Wall Street and this was the context of his remarks."

First, if I articulate what Trumps obnoxious comments "are in response to", that makes his statements OK? Or does only Biden get that courtesy?

Second, if you look at the deregulation done by Trump, did that cause large-scale damage to blacks? Because WDMSO just said recently that trumps rising tide lifted all boats, including blacks. Blacks have never, ever been better off in America than they were right before covid hit. So it would seem that Biden's remarks, in addition to being divisive, were also proven to be stupidly wrong by empirical results.

"it's really just a silly slip."

We're all shocked you give him a pass.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #171
PaulS

Quote:
You have gotten too sarcastic for me and too petty where you only post when you can point out things like the wrong month.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:39 AM   #172
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
You have gotten too sarcastic for me and too petty where you only post when you can point out things like the wrong month.
OK, I'll take you off the Christmas card list then.

Old 11-25-2020, 11:40 AM   #173
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is there ANYBODY who disagrees with you, who doesn't suffer from character flaws? I'm angry, TDF is petty...

Is it remotely possible to have a decent, principled disagreement with liberalism? Or does it necessarily mean one has serious flaws?

More and more and more, the liberals here respond to statements about policies or actual events, with insults. Because you're realizing, it's all you have. When you can't make us wrong, you can call us jerks.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:10 PM   #174
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Don't forger Sarcastic too......which I proudly wear as a badge of honor
Old 11-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #175
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Stable Genius has the former Republican Party following him straight to Jonestown.
Most Trumplicans would tell you the following statements are true.

The traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast that we may have to use force to save it.

A time will come when patriotic Americans have to take the law into their own hands.

Strong leaders sometimes have to bend the rules in order to get things done.

It is hard to trust the results of elections when so many people will vote for anyone who offers a handout.
Wrong again as usual
Most will repeat the phrase the tree of liberty at times needs watering with the blood of tyrants and Patriots. You fall in go guess which category? You support the party who wants to change the constitution and our Republic. sounds like tyranny to me. Your TDS along with others now want to discredit Trump of his accomplishment, well that is an improvement admitting he has accomplishments.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #176
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Wrong again as usual
Most will repeat the phrase the tree of liberty at times needs watering with the blood of tyrants and Patriots. You fall in go guess which category? You support the party who wants to change the constitution and our Republic. sounds like tyranny to me. Your TDS along with others now want to discredit Trump of his accomplishment, well that is an improvement admitting he has accomplishments.
Trump called in from the White House to an informal meeting of Pennsylvania lawmakers, repeating baseless claims about the election being "rigged."

"This election has to be turned around," Trump said, though the election results have already been certified in a number of key states, including Pennsylvania, and the formal transition process to the incoming Biden

Is this acceptable in your version of America. A sitting POTUS trying to change an election
Old 11-25-2020, 07:54 PM   #177
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Wrong again as usual
History will make my point

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #178
wdmso

It's going to be a very hard thing to concede because we know there was massive fraud," he said, an allegation he has stood by without offering proof.

All this from a sitting US President in the White House a true un American un Democratic scammer move so he can tell his base what they want to hear, with his hand out fleecing them of their money to pay off his debt .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A879983A-2456-4845-BED9-E7F4E9B37879.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	67498  
Old 11-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #179
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It's going to be a very hard thing to concede because we know there was massive fraud," he said, an allegation he has stood by without offering proof.

All this from a sitting US President in the White House a true un American un Democratic scammer move so he can tell his base what they want to hear, with his hand out fleecing them of their money to pay off his debt .
no proof.

there are vote checkers, whatever they’re called, in PA who say that the republican moderators weren’t allowed in, but the democrats were.

can’t we just look into that, to see if there’s any validity to it? have you concluded they’re lying? if so, how do you know?

i’ll concede i have absolutely no idea if they’re telling the truth. but i’m curious how you seem to know they’re lying.

i know you want them to be
lying. that alone, is t enough to say they are.

it’ll all be over in two
weeks, max.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #180
Pete F.
Canceled

Third Circuit court of appeals rejects appeal of Trump campaign lawsuit in Pennsylvania.
The judge who wrote the Third Circuit’s opinion is a Trump appointee.

The campaign’s appeal was rejected unanimously (3-0) by three GOP-appointed judges.
“Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election ‘unfair’ does not make it so.

Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

You would think his lawyer(s) would know that.