Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He can’t win on his job rating, certainly not on handling this heath crisis (wait until fall not even close to over), when you trash the economy that ship sailed, I’m pretty sure it’s not on foreign relations, oh wait his empathy for American lives loss due to his incompetence opps that won’t play, man he can’t even say look at all the 2016 promises I made good on, what you have left is cheating with foreign help or his go to black and white card. You and your little band of hard core Trumpets are who he plays to, it’s as predictable as your defense of his piss poor performance, VOTE for change or live with the sh*t show that will follow.
Talk about spin . . . WOW . . . a real sh*t show of it!
Old 08-18-2020, 08:16 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

The report states flatly that Konstantin Kiliminik is a Russian intelligence officer. So let that sink in: Donald Trump's campaign chairman worked closely with a Russian intelligence officer. Just how can you argue the FBI had no predicate to investigate?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-18-2020, 08:48 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

The report states flatly that Konstantin Kiliminik is a Russian intelligence officer. So let that sink in: Donald Trump's campaign chairman worked closely with a Russian intelligence officer. Just how can you argue the FBI had no predicate to investigate?
Old 08-18-2020, 08:49 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Talk about spin . . . WOW . . . a real sh*t show of it!
Mueller could only use evidence that would be admissible in court to reach his conclusions. Even if he couldn't prove a crime (there was lots of obstruction) the GOP gave Trump a pass on soliciting, accepting & benefiting from Russian help to win. Fail.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Mueller could only use evidence that would be admissible in court to reach his conclusions.
Duh . . .
Old 08-18-2020, 09:24 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
Basically old news that you can re-hash all you want, I'm not interested. What the Senate report said, among a lot of old news is “We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election,”
Old 08-19-2020, 04:43 AM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Basically old news that you can re-hash all you want, I'm not interested. What the Senate report said, among a lot of old news is “We can say, without any hesitation, that the Committee found absolutely no evidence that then-candidate Donald Trump or his campaign colluded with the Russian government to meddle in the 2016 election,”
I really think your board name needs to be changed to DaBarr as it would be more in line with how you roll. Much like Barr you are the resident defender of Trump and as I said above nobody is fooled.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-19-2020 at 12:06 PM..
Old 08-19-2020, 06:31 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Wrong

The person running the Trump campaign had a close associate who is a Russian intelligence officer, with whom he was sharing confidential campaign information as Russia mounted its effort to help Trump get elected.
As part of that effort, Russia broke into Democratic systems, then passed damaging information to WikiLeaks for carefully timed release. The president’s longtime friend had a line into the “leak” part of Russia’s hack-and-leak, through which he learned the subject and timing of upcoming leaks and kept Trump personally informed.
If that’s not “collusion,” what is?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-19-2020, 06:35 AM   #39
spence

Quote:
That’s not what the report said, it’s what Rubio said and he’s either lying or he didn’t read his own report.

This once again blows Trump and Barr’s claims of a hoax to bits and highlighting that Trump lied to the FBI.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:54 AM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Everyone in Trump's orbit lied to Mueller & SSCI about the campaigns involvement with Russia. People don't lie under oath & risk perjury charges unless they are hiding something. Something big. We all know what it is. And the GOP gave Trump a pass for it.

The committee made a bi-partisan CRIMINAL REFERRAL of Don Jr., Kushner, Bannon & others to the DC US Attorney’s Office.

No wonder Barr was so desperate to pull career US Attorney Jessie Liu from her position to install his lackey. Do we think that the lackey, Tim Shea, who dumbed down the Roger Stone sentence AND tried to tank the Mike Flynn case was going to let Don Jr., Jared and Bannon be prosecuted?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #41
PaulS

Where's SD to post Greatest President ever?
Old 08-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #42
PaulS

“On numerous occasions over the course of his time of the Trump Campaign, Manafort sought to secretly share internal campaign information with Kilimnik. … Manafort briefed Kilimnik on sensitive campaign polling data and the campaign’s strategy for beating Hillary Clinton.”

“While there were several problems with the F.B.I.’s FISA renewals for Page, the committee assesses that Page’s previous ties to Russian intelligence officers, coupled with his Russian travel, justified the F.B.I.’s initial concerns about Page.”

“Campaigns should notify F.B.I. of all foreign offers of assistance, and all staff should be made aware of this expectation. In order to not encourage, or amplify foreign influence efforts, campaigns should reject the use of foreign origin material especially if it has potentially been obtained through the violation of U.S. law.”

And yet Trump has repeatedly said he would accept foreign aid in his election.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:33 AM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That’s not what the report said, it’s what Rubio said and he’s either lying or he didn’t read his own report.

It's his report not yours. He knows what's in his report.
And he's eminently qualified to say what's in it.

This once again blows Trump and Barr’s claims of a hoax to bits and highlighting that Trump lied to the FBI.
That's what you claim.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Among many other damning findings, the Rubio Cotton Report confirms what Mueller told Representative Val Demings on July 24, 2019 during his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee:

The President of the United States lied under oath to the Special Counsel’s Office.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Roger Stone also lied under oath to protect Trump, and he was convicted by a jury and ordered to jail because of it. But then Trump repaid Stone’s criminal “loyalty” by abusing his pardon power to make sure that Stone never set foot in jail for lying to protect Trump.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #46
spence

Quote:
It's his report not yours. He knows what's in his report. And he's eminently qualified to say what's in it.
So I guess he's a liar then.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So I guess he's a liar then.
Guess whatever you wish. You've guessed wrong before.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Among many other damning findings, the Rubio Cotton Report confirms what Mueller told Representative Val Demings on July 24, 2019 during his testimony before the House Intelligence Committee:

The President of the United States lied under oath to the Special Counsel’s Office.
"But that is not what Mueller said under oath . . .

"Mueller's report accuses a number of figures in Trump's orbit of lying but does not accuse Trump of doing so, instead saying that some of Trump's written responses were “incomplete or imprecise.” Recently disclosed sections of the report show the special counsel only raised the possibility that Trump lied, while also leaving open the possibility that Trump simply did not recall his conversations with Stone from two years prior."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ritten-answers
Old 08-19-2020, 11:57 AM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

No, that’s what the Rubio Cotton report said

Apparently his memory is not as good as the Stable Genius claims
Person woman man camera TV
Old 08-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #50
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Where's SD to post Greatest President ever?
Be careful what you wish for, it’s been almost civil around here with him busy having fun in the new boat and home his better half bought him.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #51
spence

Quote:
No, that’s what the Rubio Cotton report said

Apparently his memory is not as good as the Stable Genius claims
Person woman man camera TV
It also said there’s no evidence of Ukrainian meddling to help Clinton, that the Russian interference was substantial and that Trump and many Republicans have actively participated in pushing Russian propaganda to cover it all up.

Every single Republican on the Senate Intel committee signed off on this.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #52
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Be careful what you wish for, it’s been almost civil around here with him busy having fun in the new boat and home his better half bought him.
he's probably having a great time chasing tuna while you jealous dummies spend your days here complaining about him and trump

Last edited by scottw; 08-20-2020 at 08:06 AM..
Old 08-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #53
wdmso

FYI. This is a GOP sanctioned Intel report
Old 08-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #54
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's probably having a great time chasing tuna while you jealous dummies spend your days here complaining about him and trump
Personally I can charter a tuna trip if I want. I am not jealous of him and actually feel sorry for him and his family. You should see how many posts you have here - and usually there are snarky posts meant to piss someone off - sad individual.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:20 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s no doubt Tweety embraced Russia’s work to help him win our election in 2016. Apparently the GOP thinks Putin wants what’s best for America. If you disagree, Vote.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
There’s no doubt Tweety embraced Russia’s work to help him win our election in 2016. Apparently the GOP thinks Putin wants what’s best for America. If you disagree, Vote.
Whatever embracing you claim went on, there is not sufficient evidence of conspiring. And however much Russia tried to interfere in the election, there is no real evidence of it influencing it or of succeeding in anything other than sowing the kind of massive discord we are witnessing now.

I doubt that Putin wanted to see the U.S. economy grow the way it did before covid. I don't think he wanted to see the unemployment rate increase the way it did, or the stock market to continue its crazy upward bound, or to see the US redo NAFTA and make trade deals with Pacific Rim countries. If he did, maybe he did want what's best for America.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-20-2020 at 02:34 PM..
Old 08-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #57
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Personally I can charter a tuna trip if I want.

they won't let you on the boat in skinny pants...just sayin'
Old 08-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #58
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they won't let you on the boat in skinny pants...just sayin'
Can't ruin those expensive pants so I bought a pair of grundens for my boat. Just got to go out on the boat once to try them out.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:44 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

No collaboration?
What a crock of bull.
Tweety is in with the Russians up to his eyeballs.

New York Times: Justice Department secretly curtailed investigation into Russian election interference
Old 08-31-2020, 11:30 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

D.C. Circuit DENIES Michael Flynn's petition to force the federal judge on his case to grant DOJ's motion to dismiss the prosecution, in a reversal of the initial three-judge panel ruling in Flynn's favor.