Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
wdmso

Income Inequality Is Not a Myth It’s a historical fact . I find it funny the right is always wanting to go back in time to the “good old days” of the 1950s @ 1960. Which happens to be when income inequalities were at their lowest .. fast forward today and some how income inequality is because of lazy Americans against successful people

The notion that we owe whatever economic prosperity we have to the genius of these high-performing frontier firms. So let’s get out government out of the way and let these frontier firms work more wonders. Let’s deregulate the economy. Let’s free companies from labor-protection rules that reduce their flexibility. Let’s limit collective bargaining.

As trade union membership declines, inequality rises,” notes the OECD’s Trade Union Advisory Committee. “And yet OECD recommendations have largely remained the same: reduce labor market dualism by reducing employment protection legislation for regular workers, decentralize collective bargaining systems — including opt-outs for individual companies — and reduce what is termed as ‘excess coverage’ of collective bargaining.”

https://ips-dc.org/whos-to-blame-for-inequality/

Jim your school choice is red herring .. and plays right into what’s written , trying to expand choice of those with resources and removing funds from everyone else
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Income Inequality Is Not a Myth It’s a historical fact . I find it funny the right is always wanting to go back in time to the “good old days” of the 1950s @ 1960. Which happens to be when income inequalities were at their lowest .. fast forward today and some how income inequality is because of lazy Americans against successful people

The notion that we owe whatever economic prosperity we have to the genius of these high-performing frontier firms. So let’s get out government out of the way and let these frontier firms work more wonders. Let’s deregulate the economy. Let’s free companies from labor-protection rules that reduce their flexibility. Let’s limit collective bargaining.

As trade union membership declines, inequality rises,” notes the OECD’s Trade Union Advisory Committee. “And yet OECD recommendations have largely remained the same: reduce labor market dualism by reducing employment protection legislation for regular workers, decentralize collective bargaining systems — including opt-outs for individual companies — and reduce what is termed as ‘excess coverage’ of collective bargaining.”

https://ips-dc.org/whos-to-blame-for-inequality/

Jim your school choice is red herring .. and plays right into what’s written , trying to expand choice of those with resources and removing funds from everyone else
why is school choice a red herring? it only removes funds from schools that parents ( customers) think are bad. why shouldn’t we de emphasize lousy schools and expand the benefit of good schools to kids who today are excluded from those benefits?

why are you afraid of letting people
decide which school is right for their kids?

i never said income inequality isn’t real. has anyone ever said that?

my boss chooses to work 70 hours a week. why shouldn’t he make
more than me? what’s unfair about that?

this union mindset that everyone makes the same regardless of the quality and quality of their work, is nonsense.

thanks to teachers unions, the gym
teacher gets paid the same as the guy who teaches AP physics. Stupid.

Who the hell said we all owe our entire economic prosperity to these guys? you’re making sh-t up. i said they create wealth, they don’t steal every dollar they have from someone else.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-30-2021 at 02:44 PM..
Old 09-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
this union mindset that everyone makes the same regardless of the quality and quality of their work, is nonsense.

Actually this isn't at all how it works Jim.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually this isn't at all how it works Jim.
the hell it’s not, i was a public schoolteacher. salary is based on seniority and credentials.

so if an AP physics teacher and a gym teacher each have a masters degree and ten years experience, in Connecticut at least, they make the same exact salary.

tell me where i’m wrong?
Old 09-30-2021, 06:09 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
the hell it’s not, i was a public schoolteacher. salary is based on seniority and credentials.

so if an AP physics teacher and a gym teacher each have a masters degree and ten years experience, in Connecticut at least, they make the same exact salary.

tell me where i’m wrong?
You just defeated your own argument.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You just defeated your own argument.
no i didn’t. i said that a gym teacher and a physics teacher with the same seniority, are guaranteed the same
pay. as are all teachers with the same seniority, regardless of whether they’re the best teacher or the worst teacher, they get the same pay, the same raise.

Tell me how that makes any sense at all.

Don’t know what planet you’re on .
Old 09-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
why is school choice a red herring? it only removes funds from schools that parents ( customers) think are bad. why shouldn’t we de emphasize lousy schools and expand the benefit of good schools to kids who today are excluded from those benefits?

why are you afraid of letting people
decide which school is right for their kids?

i never said income inequality isn’t real. has anyone ever said that?

my boss chooses to work 70 hours a week. why shouldn’t he make
more than me? what’s unfair about that?

Who the hell said we all owe our entire economic prosperity to these guys? you’re making sh-t up. i said they create wealth, they don’t steal every dollar they have from someone else.

Now do Epi-pens, insulin and pretty much the entire healthcare system.
Lots of wealth created there also, I guess when you increase the price of a drug by the stroke of a pen you deserve it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-30-2021, 02:51 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now do Epi-pens, insulin and pretty much the entire healthcare system.
Lots of wealth created there also, I guess when you increase the price of a drug by the stroke of a pen you deserve it.
people who price gouge for medical treatment are unique, and bad. separate issue.

who is Oprah Winfrey hurting? If you don’t like Jeff Bezos, you can choose not to use Amazon.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:56 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
people who price gouge for medical treatment are unique, and bad. separate issue.

who is Oprah Winfrey hurting? If you don’t like Jeff Bezos, you can choose not to use Amazon.
Except that he’s sucked the money out of the market for anyone else and your only other choice is to mine the raw material and fabricate it yourself

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-01-2021, 05:02 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Except that he’s sucked the money out of the market for anyone else and your only other choice is to mine the raw material and fabricate it yourself
pete, he figured out how to do retail better than everyone else. he didn’t suck the money away from others. Customers freely chose to give their money to him.

Liberals pretend like he burned down every mom and pop. Customers made a free choice. It’s our fault, not his fault.
Old 09-30-2021, 05:30 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Income Inequality Is Not a Myth It’s a historical fact .

I could have so much fun with this....but I think I'll just leave it right there.....