Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
stormfish

Bush sucks!

I don't understand how anyone who is in the middle class or lower could vote for this doosh.

He has his brother rig the voting machine in Florida.
Pulls CIA agents who were on Bin Laden's butt in Afghanistan when he got in office.
Frees Afghanistan from an organization that Reagan created while wasting billions.
Health care, what health care!?!
He screws up and lies and attacks Kerry for his failures.
Pollutes the east coast like the Capital of Texas, yea have you notice the stinging sensation of rain lately??? or the fact that we cannot stay in the sun more than 30 minutes...

I praise the soldiers who fight for Iraq's freedom, but what about ours?

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
chris L

and he blows too ! and talk about an ugly cat
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #3
Navy Chief
Reagan Republican

You're free, go vote.

Most people in this world don't get to.

"I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink." - ADM William "Bull" Halsey
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
missing link

http://www.striped-bass.com/StriperT...threadid=17711

please john

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
spence

Storm, try to be a little more subtle...otherwise you come off as a crackpot. For instance, try hiding your disdain inbetween other stuff.

I really wanted to eat that keeper, but I couldn't because of Bush's environmental policy, so I guess I'll have to catch and release

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:18 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Re: Bush sucks!

Storm - this really seems like a troll but here goes...

I'm not a Bushie but having said that:

He has his brother rig the voting machine in Florida. - How do you figure? Looks like improperly maintained, designed, overused equipment to me.

Pulls CIA agents who were on Bin Laden's butt in Afghanistan when he got in office. - That's a crock - research it and you will see that both Clinton and Bush were considering the placement of troops into Afghanistan to get OBL but NEITHER had done it.

Frees Afghanistan from an organization that Reagan created while wasting billions. - What? We should have left Afghanistan alone? The water is a bit murkier on Iraq but Afghanistan was an open and shut no questions asked case. The Taliban harbored Al Queda and KNEW what was coming and did not stop it. A'stan was THE haven for these low lifes... And Reagan wasted billions in Afghanistan? B.S. at minimum he helped tie up many divisions and resources that could have rolled thru the Fulda Gap instead. THAT would have sucked. At best, it was one of many serious thorns in the side of the Soviets.

Health care, what health care!?! - Not everyone has it, yet - but how do we get there?

He screws up and lies and attacks Kerry for his failures. - Yeh, and you expected different from what politician?

Pollutes the east coast like the Capital of Texas, yea have you notice the stinging sensation of rain lately??? Did not notice "stinging" when it rains. If you see that when you pee, don't tell us - see a Doctor - FAST . But his environmental policies DO SUCK. It is screw the envrionment with the Bush administration (though I'm not against drilling in Alaska, and funny thing is, neither are Alaskans)

or the fact that we cannot stay in the sun more than 30 minutes... - The not so bright one isn't doing anything to help the situation but he isn't soley responsible for the hole in the Ozone layer...

Your Post leaves a lot to be desired....

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Why can we all just get along
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:53 PM   #8
chris L

RIJ
its all julia childs fault . somethings wrong in the broth
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:07 PM   #9
stormfish

Rain, pee... LoL

Sure the machines weren't rig... Seem like Gore had a substantial amount of Dibs and Chads compared to Bush. But that's over with! The northeastern ozone is depleting, but that's because of the poor emission regulations in the past and for Bush to loosen it up... Let's see if it's safe to go out in the sun for 5 min if this continues.

Why is that the Bush campaign are heavily attacking Kerry, deceiving voters with lies!!! Lies!!! whereas Kerry's campaign are more passive towards attacking?

Bush in my mind is comparable to a pissy dude with a small shaft or Omarosa in the Apprentice.

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:14 PM   #10
C-5 CC
New (used) boat!!!!

Go ahead and delete this John...but I can't help myself!

Stormfish- You are an IDIOT!

***** I WOULD STILL RATHER GO HUNTING W/ #^&#^&#^&#^& CHENEY THAN GO FOR A DRIVE W/ TED KENNEDY ******
C-5 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
C-5 CC
New (used) boat!!!!

Sorry...let me correct that last post...

A Clueless, Ignorant, Bush-Hating, Idiot who is somehow able to speak out of the hole that is below his belt!
Thank you for allowing the correction.

***** I WOULD STILL RATHER GO HUNTING W/ #^&#^&#^&#^& CHENEY THAN GO FOR A DRIVE W/ TED KENNEDY ******
C-5 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:39 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Whats wrong with Bush?
I love bush!!!
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #13
"uffah!!"

I can only say" 4 MORE YEARS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
"uffah!!" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:12 PM   #14
Fly Rod

Hey stormdrain,"OOPS!!!" I mean fish!!!

Where did ya find this info about rigging votes etc: Please post the web site that we could click onto to verify what your saying!!!

I'm still undecided whom to vote for because both candidates haven't as of yet said what they plan to do for the people of this "GREAT COUNTRY OF AMERICA!!!"

Being a Vietnam Vetran neither candidates military record impresses me!!!!

And there were many more political friends and family of politicians through out this country, that either went into the national guard, college or did what Bill Clinton did, went to Canada!!!

Buy the way!! Did you serve your country????? Just asking!!!

Some nights that you have nothing to do turn on the O'Reilly Factor 8pm-10pm Does not mean that you or I have to agree with what is said but will give some concept into the issues!!!

John R aparently he didn't read your post about language etc:
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #15
"uffah!!"

Yes, I was in the Military. 1962-1968. 3rd Infantry Division,
Old 09-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #16
Fly Rod

Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #17
Nebe

Re: Re: Bush sucks!

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR

He has his brother rig the voting machine in Florida. - How do you figure? Looks like improperly maintained, designed, overused equipment to me.

well... there is this little thing about the electronic voting machines

Wally O'Dell, CEO of Diebold (maker of most electronic voting machines), said in a republican fundraising letter, "I will do everything in my power to insure a Bush victory." Now imagine if he was a democrat and said the same thing about Kerry. Liberal media my *.

theres a security hole still in the electronic voting machines. "A code entered into the tabulator's user interface duplicates the "secure" counts into an insecure count which can be changed, and counted instead." To add insult to injury, it's just a two digit code that allows anyone into the computer counts.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:03 PM   #18
Tacklebox7

The political commentary on this site is a JOKE! Keep it to yourself, especially when your ignorant to reality.
Tacklebox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #19
Nebe

The truely ignorant person is the person who chooses to ignore the problem
Old 09-09-2004, 10:30 PM   #20
Tacklebox7

For some ungodly reason, I just took the time to read some of these discussions and to be blunt, Eben, you dont have a clue...

Political opinions are based on one's personal beliefs and 99% of the time those beliefs are suited towards what most likely benefits that individual person (especially when it comes to domestic policy).

Therefore, I take the approach that Kerry supporters aren't wrong, that's just their belief.

YOU on the other hand, have not established one single comprehendable collection of thoughts. All you do is bash Bush.

Before you embrass yourself further by throwing out comments about "ignoring ignorance" establish a basis for your beliefs and be able to speak intelligently about them.

By no means, am I claiming to be a political guru; however, the differnce is, I am not out there solidfying my political beliefs in blatant propaganda.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #21
Nebe

the fact of the matter is that bush has hidden agendas and the media is ignoring them. At least i'm paying attention to what he is doing. Time will tell how history looks back at this trustfunding daddies boy. give it 10 years and you'll see.

to make you and alot of other people happy I will stop ranting.

Last edited by Nebe; 09-09-2004 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-10-2004, 06:22 AM   #22
slapshot

The air emmissions thing is hogwash. Clinton PROPOSED tighter restrictions, but did not get them signed and into the books. Bush ESTABLISHED tighter air emmissions restrictions that were not as restrictive as what Clinton PROPOSED.

There were a couple of reasons for this. First we were in a terrible recession, and tighter regulations would have caused plant closures in an already tech bubble weakened economy.

Second the restrictions on power plants at that time would have really f-ed up the power grid. Do you remember losing power in the northeast blackout last year? Left wing whackos have kept America from rebuilding its electric power system. While not building new nuclear power plants sounds great, it has caused wood and coal burning plants to stay on line. Those are where the mercury in fish are coming from. Wind power sounds great, but everybody says not in my back yard.
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:23 AM   #23

Bush sucks!

I think his above topic tells me everyhting I want to ever know about stormfish...
179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:37 AM   #24
"uffah!!"

It seems that I am forced to say it again. "4 More Years"
Old 09-10-2004, 09:09 AM   #25
Tacklebox7

Point proved with the "trustfund daddies boy" comment....

JOKE......
Old 09-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #26
slapshot

And Kerry is NOT a trust fund boy?

Please, how many homes does the ketchip man own? How many SUVs? Private plane(s)?

And he didn't just marry wealthy..

Come on.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:51 AM   #27
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The emissions "reduction" on power plants that should have been passed and was nixed in favor of far more relaxed standards because other emissions sources were being reduced, like auto emissions. When more states enacted the more stringent auto emissions standards (that we all ultimately pay for in the price of a new vehicle) to REDUCE emissions, this reduced emissions was turned into a credit and applied to the power companies. So we paid for it anyway.

These relaxed rules make it so someone like Brayton Point - the biggest polutter in the SE new england - do not need to clean up their act. And they DO have a negative impact on this region

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #28
slapshot

I may need to go back and look this up, but....

Didn't Clinton propose a 90% reduction in emmissions by 2008?

An didn't Bush scale that back to somewhere in the range of 50-75% by 2008?

How is this BAD? Is this not better than what was being put out by these plants in the past?

This debate always gets turned around to sound like the current administration has INCREASED pollution. Of course they haven't. What they did was get a law passed that reduces pollution.

Are the rivers and oceans cleaner than they were in the 50s, 60, 70, 80s and 90s? I think so, and the new 2008 restrictions will make them even cleaner in the future.

FWIW the mercury contamination comes mostly from the coal fired plant. I am for closing them in exchange for a clean burning fuel.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:11 AM   #29
Nebe

Quote:
Originally posted by Tacklebox7
Point proved with the "trustfund daddies boy" comment....

JOKE......
Fact
Old 09-10-2004, 10:32 AM   #30
"uffah!!"

All I can say! 4 More Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!