Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
scottw

interesting

I know that Rove is public enemy #1 for many but this is interesting....

There are other troubling signs. Team Obama's email appeals don't ask for $10, $15, $25 or $50 donations as they did in 2008, but generally for $3. Nor are the appeals mostly about issues; many are lotteries. Give three bucks and your name will be put in a drawing for a private dinner with the president and first lady.

This is clever marketing, but it suggests the campaign has found that only a low price point with a big benefit can overcome donor resistance among people who contributed via mail or the Internet in 2008. It also points to higher-than-expected solicitation costs and lower-than-expected fund-raising returns.

The final financial challenge facing Mr. Obama's campaign is how fast it is burning through the cash it is raising. Compare the 2012 Obama re-election campaign with the 2004 Bush re-election campaign. Mr. Obama's campaign spent 25% of what it raised in the second quarter of 2011, while Mr. Bush's campaign spent only 9% in the second quarter of 2003. In the third quarter it was 46% for Obama versus 26% for Bush; for the fourth quarter it was 57% versus 40%. In January 2012 the Obama campaign spent 158% of what it raised this seems highly out of character, while the Bush campaign spent 60% in January 2004.

The Obama campaign's high burn rate doesn't come from large television buys, phone banks or mail programs that could be immediately stopped. It appears to result instead from huge fixed costs for a big staff must be union and higher-than-expected fund-raising outlays.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...ORDS=karl+rove
Old 03-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
spence

At least two constants in the universe continue to hold true.

Rove is still biased and your use of quotes is lacking.

Rove: Obama's Money and the Enthusiasm Gap - WSJ.com

Rove doesn't cite any sources and I'd be inclined to call his bluff. The rhetoric he's using is to frame Obama's campaign as the "gamble" yet he offers no substance.

In fact, it looks like Obama has over 80M in cash on hand and dwarfs all the GOP contenders combined.

More spin. Rove is grasping and you're right along with him.

-spence
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
At least two constants in the universe continue to hold true.

Rove is still biased and your use of quotes is lacking.should be obvious that it's a quote I linked the entire article for you angry man

Rove: Obama's Money and the Enthusiasm Gap - WSJ.com

Rove doesn't cite any sources like you and Zimmy and I'd be inclined to call his bluff. The rhetoric he's using is to frame Obama's campaign as the "gamble" yet he offers no substance.

In fact, it looks like Obama has over 80M with the way he spends money that's like two vacations in cash on hand and dwarfs all the GOP contenders combined.

More spin. Rove is grasping and you're right along with him.

-spence
losing your mind....

I don't think Rove would ever claim to be unbiased, nor would I ever suggest that he is....I wouldn't ever suggest that I'm unbiased either....we know that you pretend to be, which is comical

you are nit picking and whining an awful lot

pretty funny...you suggesting someone else's words are "spin"...you're the best "SPINCE"

Last edited by scottw; 03-16-2012 at 05:31 AM..