Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-10-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Piscator

Feb Largest One Month Deficit Increase in History

Read story below. We are going in the wrong direction. I feel like there is ZERO leadership in the country right now. Anytime something is proposed to be cut, people get up in arms. Do our fellow citizens and our politicians have brains? We can’t keep spending. Something needs to be cut now; new taxes are not the solution. When is our leadership going to wake up? The people in power right now should really be ashamed of themselves starting with the clown in the oval office..............As each day goes by, I'm more ashamed that he is our President and ashamed that we have politicians without common sense can’t grasp this issue. The sad part is the news should be all over this every night.

February federal budget deficit sets record

WASHINGTON—The federal government's budget deficit grew by $222.5 billion in February, the largest one-month increase in history. Economists are forecasting the deficit for the year will be the biggest imbalance on record.

The Treasury Department says the February deficit surpassed the old record for any month, a $220.9 billion imbalance set in February 2010.

Through the first five months of this budget year, which began Oct. 1, the deficit totals $641.3 billion, 1.6 percent below the pace set last year.

However, economists are predicting the deficit for this year will exceed last year's imbalance. The Congressional Budget Office is forecasting a $1.5 trillion gap, giving the country a third straight year of $1 trillion-plus deficits

February federal budget deficit sets record - Boston.com

Last edited by Piscator; 03-11-2011 at 09:10 AM..

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"