Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
TBS Gets The Playoffs And.......

This is the best they can do for announcers???? Steve Stone who barely knew how to pitch and this other guy.....a "Don Knotts" look alike!!! I think between the 2 of them THEY only carry one bullet!!

Couldn't they get more notable, talented announcers??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

The announcers on the back to back homers.......

"Do you think those homeruns were a statement?"

What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?!?!?!? They were friggin homers not a declaration of war!!!!! Gawd these guys suck!!

Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Oh man SK....if I had a mouth full of food I would have spit it across the room....that is funny!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

The good news is that Fox has the ALCS and the World Series

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_King View Post
Define good?lol..That means McCarver and Buck...
Well, just a minute ago; 3-1 Indians, Yankees have a man on first, "and again, the Yankees have the tying run on base." McCarver and Buck, for all their faults, are light years better than any of the four tandems TBS has put out. The TBS coverage has been the worst in every facet, technical, entertainment, information, and gramatical.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #6
labrax

Have to agree - terrible announcers

The announcers are definitely not what I am used to. I do like the Remy/Orsillo combo during the season. Orsillo is working one of the series, or was working the NL contests. Listened to the game on Friday night on the radio coming back from the Cape and arrived home and watched the remainder on TV - much better on the radio.

McCarver and Buck are overrated. They are more polished and professional than the TBS counterparts doing the Red Sox/Angels & Yankees/Indians series, but they still are tough to listen to for the length of a series. Joe Buck looks like a real-life bobblehead to me, is his head way out of whack in proportion to the size of his body?
labrax is offline   Reply With Quote