Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
Flaptail

Angry Is it me....?

Today was moving in day at Boston University. okay, no problem we are veterans now. So anyway, I pull up to the font door of the dorm as directed by the Boston cop ( who by the way very helpfull and a cool guy) and we start to unload my daughter's stuff and I hear a screeching grating sound and my truck shudders a bit. This clown from the food service in a rented truck left a six inch gouge and made my wheel well mouldings look like a run in with the Texas Chain saw Murderer. Three obviously scared Jamaican guys jump out with eyes bulging and their 5th grade drop out boss from southie comes around and mumbles something to me as I flipped out. If ever there was cause for alarm by the door guy at the dorm this was it. 6-6' OF SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF WHITE GUY is laying it on them fast and thick. My wife and daughter were cringing on the sidewalk. They thought someone was gonna kill me for what I was saying. Nobody bothered to even stop or cast a look. No one and there a hundred people within footsteps around me. Thier truck was rented and the number I got from them no one answered until 4 this afternoon and finally some guy takes the info down and says they will contact me on Tuesday. Meanwhile I have to go back tomorrow morning to deliver a few more of my daughter's things and go to the Harrison St police station to file reports after that. Good thing the weather sucks.
Between this and some young afro american lads threatening me in front of my house the other night after a gang of them in three cars were parked in my driveway and wouldn't move and were obviously makeing some kind of sale to the local youth in the neighborhood. The cops were called and showed up 35 minutes after these fine example of black youth left the hood.

I do wish I could carry a gun and use it at my discretion because that's all these f@cking punks would respect. My fuse is very short and it's getting shorter.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Its you Flap! Or should I say...its us tall guys....that stuff happens to tall guys!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
derf
wishin' i was fishin'

Quote:
I do wish I could carry a gun and use it at my discretion because that's all these f@cking punks would respect. My fuse is very short and it's getting shorter.
yup , feel the same way .....
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #4
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail
Between this and some young afro american lads threatening me in front of my house the other night after a gang of them in three cars were parked in my driveway and wouldn't move and were obviously makeing some kind of sale to the local youth in the neighborhood. The cops were called and showed up 35 minutes after these fine example of black youth left the hood.
Ah yes, good old Cape Chaos.

I like this neighborhood here---3 Bourne cops and a Statie for neighbors

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Slingah

black gang members on the Cape????? In your driveway Steve??? Yup.....time for some protection if you ask me. Motion detector lights, baseball bats....and a pistola
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Angry

More and more gangs are moving out of the hood and into suburban and rural areas. Pocono Mts in Pa. have a problem, in some areas, as they buy into gated summer communities where policing is done by private security guys. Easier for them to cook, grow and sell stuff.
Stay in the house Flap, next time ain't worth it.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingah
black gang members on the Cape????? In your driveway Steve???
Let's just say that Patty Page wouldn't recognize the place these days. Parts of Hyannis, Mashpee and Falmouth are like a cross between Roxbury and the slums of Rio di Janeiro.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
Raven

Arrow remember the numbers

plates.... coulda been stolen... where's the truck from...

on..drive way deal:
for five bucks you can tell the R M V you may have scratched it and want to contact the owner.... and they'll provide the info.

sorry to hear about your truck damage and the hassles flap....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #9
Squid kids Dad

Flap thats sucks...I am an auto appraiser that covers the Boston area..Roxbury,Jamaica Plain ect...My best offense is my digiital camera..Have it hanging of off my left hand all the time..As soon as I start taking pictures everyone scatters..Best advice is give your own insurance company all the info you have and they should be able to find out who the ass&*&8les were that were driving the truck..Good luck

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #10
gone fishin

Flap I feel for you - the zoo at BU during moving time is unbelievable. I do a lot of work for BU and we go through the bullsh--t every time we make a delivery. Is your daughter staying in the towers? That location is unreal. Comm Ave turns into the expressway at 5 during moving in day. I hope you get the damage repaired without a problem. I still think you should have taken one or two by the throat and got a little satisfation!

As for carrying and doing a bit of damage, It really doesn't work that way. If you show it you had better be of the mentality that you will use it. Perhaps a baseball bat would do just fine! Larry is right , sometimes size draws the as@holes out and they challenge you just for intimidation. Pop the bastards next time. BUT the cowards have a way of breaking windows and damaging property after licking their wounds.

By the way, congradulations on the daughter going to BU - it's a great school. Welcome to the poor house gang. Been there did that with 4. Just hope she helps pay you off before getting married.

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

No, it's not you.

striprman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #12
Backbeach Jake

Flap, i have to agree, it's not you. It's the system that makes sure that every no account low life crack smoking whore chasing drunken illegal immigrant larva get their due rights. Meanwhile the hardworking lawabiding taxpaying slob is left to fend for himself. 35 minutes to drop a donut and investigate tresspassers? BS! BTW threaten me in my driveway and die in my driveway. I'll sort it out later without you.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #13
Karl F

Steve.. man, that sucks about your car.. I know you will stick to your guns, and get it straightened out.. friggin low lifes..
Falmouth PD.. read about them in the Stranded Times... 35 minutes.. ...
But, that type of activity has found its way to all of Olde Cape Scrod..

BU got a Football Team, Soccer Team?
My kid has been back at school since the 12th, Soccer Preseason.. they are already 4 games into regular season now, and classes don't start till Tuesday.. However.. The Football Team, and the Soccer Team, at Merrimack College, have to help the other students move into their rooms, carry all the stuff for them.. Nick has been assigned tomorrow.. he will get a wet arse.. the parents love it, he says..
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #14
NIB

U need to calm down Steve.
Blowing Ur stack probably does more damage to urself than anyone else.
If Ur neighborhood is a problem an it's givin u grief Move.
I know I make it sound simple but piece of mind is very underrated.
On the thing with the truck.Accidents happen all the time.They are called accidents for a reason.getting upset over it will have no effect on the outcome.u obviously don't feel any better after blowin Ur stack.Ur smarter than this.An the thing with the guns is even more not Ur style.Using one would mean killing somebody.No sane person is prepared for that.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #15
Raven

Arrow i have to agree with NIB

if you are attacked ....threatoned with a weapon...or assaulted..then by all means defend yourself by any means....to the death...

but when you get extremely steamed by minor damage and almost blow a gasket... it has already done more harm internally to your own body
than you could ever imagine in the form of stress which causes your body to release adrenaline for one... to initiate the fight or flight response... naturally...but also there are bad hormones released from
over reacting that can shorten your life-span considerably which acomplishes the exact opposite of the good effects of what fishing does for you.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

A little bit - if you completely loose your cool you usually lose - just not worth it...

As for the damage up at BU, statistically speaking as a Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, or CT resident you have a 1 in 4 chance of taking damage to a vehicle (car, truck, bike, skateboard, rollerblades) within a 5 mile radius of the centerpoint between Marsh Chapel and T's Pub on Labor Day weekend. So the good news is that you have fulfilled your obligatory vehicular damage required of all parents over the course of 4 years when dropping off their offspring on "Moving Day" (also refered to as UHaul Day, Budget Day, or Rent-A-Wreck day). This likelyhood increases to 1 in 3 if you are from any of the northern NE states or anywhere south or west of the previously mentioned 4 states. Odds also are 1 in 3 for any rented moving van NOT painted Yellow. Odds drop to 1 in 4 for all Yellow moving vans (unless you traveled beyond a 100 mile radius of Boston to find one available for rent - if so odds remain at 1 in 3).

Labor Day weekend, aptly renamed from Moving Day weekend at Boston University, was granted federal status when President Grover Cleveland could not access his Beacon Ave diggs due to the influx of students to the Boston U -v- Boston C vicinity. The soon-to-be former President stumbled (literally) into this idea after being asked to vacate the BC area upper crust prohibition dining facility Scary Anne's. As he struggled outside he was unable to avoid stepping in acres of Horse Poo from all of the Stallion-Drawn carts blocking the wide expanses of Brownstone in the circle that would posthumously be named after him. With frantic shouts around these carts of "Up Your's Goeth" and "Learn how to Trot, Buttocks Breath" , he knew there simply must be a better way.

He contemplated a solution in solitude over a frosty pint at Father's Too on Beacon as others adjacent to him were watching the sports ticker tape of the game from nearby Fenway with the Red Sox trying to fend off a miserable August.

He knew to call it "Labor Day". A day when the parents of 300,000 students would "Labor the Day Away" and would invade the City of Boston by any means of transportation available, to deposit their offspring, to the ground-zero city of academic achievment.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:14 AM   #17
gone fishin

John --- Aptly put

low & slow 37
gone fishin is offline   Reply With Quote