Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

Pelosi backs down

Nancy had a partisan driven impeachment scam that nobody was buying anyhow. Bye bye.
🤡🍔🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #2
spence

She's not backing down she believes she has what she needs. The case is strong and the Republicans have no spine. We're turning into an autocracy and you seem to get off on it.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
She's not backing down she believes she has what she needs. The case is strong and the Republicans have no spine. We're turning into an autocracy and you seem to get off on it.
That is funny. Let’s see the results of this farce and then you will see me get off in person.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No surprise she had to bring the articles forward, so the drunk cool aid drinking, boot licking senators much like SD, can have their mock trial and we can move on to 20/20 as I expected. Just another step in the process.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Senator Dangles is sounding pretty enticing.

But when could I fish...
Old 01-10-2020, 06:54 PM   #6
scottw

[QUOTE=

cool aid drinking,

[/QUOTE]

That didn’t take long. Everybody drink
Old 01-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
That didn’t take long. Everybody drink
way ahead of ya!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
That is funny. Let’s see the results of this farce and then you will see me get off in person.
Good to see you’re channeling Lewis CK. Doesn’t surprise me he’s a role model. Are you registered?
Old 01-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #9
wdmso

they would have suggested she backed down if it was a year from now

Their Republicans and Fox aresuggesting Bolton whould have testified in the House if asked

Hell I'd volunteer to testify if I already knew the guy running the show wasn't going to allow witnesses
Old 01-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #10
scottw

it's really time to go......

Old 01-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Moscow Mitch is probably really getting nervous as this delay is getting a few more senators suggesting they will call for a vote to have witnesses and since polls suggest 70% of the country wants to hear from witnesses, the heat is turning up to have a real trial.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #12
scottw

I heard 90%...but 80% of those 90% really have no idea what's going on and mostly don't care...sooooo
Old 01-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It will come down to integrity, how many senators believe you can't have a trial without witnesses?
Old 01-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

It will come down to integrity
oh definitely....
Old 01-16-2020, 06:49 AM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Interview with Lev should really put the heat on those senators on the fence, pretty clear and coordinated effort; Trump to Rudy to Lev and funded by Russia. Perfect call my arse, this is why Moscow Mitch doesn’t want witnesses, because then a bunch of senate seats are in jeopardy if the votes are a sham like this trial was originally shaping up to be.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:17 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Interview with Lev should really put the heat on those senators on the fence, pretty clear and coordinated effort; Trump to Rudy to Lev and funded by Russia. Perfect call my arse, this is why Moscow Mitch doesn’t want witnesses, because then a bunch of senate seats are in jeopardy if the votes are a sham like this trial was originally shaping up to be.
the guy at the center of this surveillance of the ambassador, robert hyde, is running for congress in CT as a republican. the state party has been telling him long before this story came out, to drop out. He’s definitely a bit of a bit.

Sad to me that rudy is associated with people like this. he has fallen very. far from
the post 9/11 days when he seemed to be able to do anything.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #17
Jim in CT

i don’t think there are any senators on the fence. they all have their minds made up, just like 99% of the house did. i
Old 01-16-2020, 07:33 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

You know Donald hardly knew Parnas and Fruman? They may have posed for a few pics together but then so many people do. The same with Nunes calls to Parnas.
Well if you believe that, you also probably think Trump is the Messiah!
Oh #^&#^&#^&#^&, you do think he's the Messiah, don't you?
Old 01-16-2020, 07:41 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You know Donald hardly knew Parnas and Fruman? They may have posed for a few pics together but then so many people do. The same with Nunes calls to Parnas.
Well if you believe that, you also probably think Trump is the Messiah!
Oh #^&#^&#^&#^&, you do think he's the Messiah, don't you?
he issue isn’t that i think he’s the messiah. the issue is that you all think he’s the love child of Hitler and Darth Vader.

He beat you, and you snapped. That’s what babies do.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:51 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Floridaman’s seems to be getting Ukraine investigation
BREAKING: Ukraine's Interior Ministry announces criminal probe into alleged illegal surveillance of former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch after text messages released by House investigators showed Robert F. Hyde and Lev Parnas discussing her being tracked in Kyiv.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #21
Sea Dangles

🍔🤡🍔
Old 01-16-2020, 08:54 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
BREAKING: Ukraine's Interior Ministry announces criminal probe into alleged illegal surveillance of former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch after text messages released by House investigators showed Robert F. Hyde and Lev Parnas discussing her being tracked in Kyiv.
i have no problem investigating that. Can we also investigate hunter biden’s sweetheart deal?

you’re the kid who shows up with the shiny new ball, loses the game, then takes his ball and goes home, throwing a hissy fit.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Lev Parnas is the smoking gun.

He’s like the guys who broke into the Watergate DNC in ‘72 and were caught by pure luck.

He knows everything about Florida-man’s illegal behavior.

No Trumplican can hide anymore.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #24
wdmso

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i have no problem investigating that. Can we also investigate hunter biden’s sweetheart deal?

you’re the kid who shows up with the shiny new ball, loses the game, then takes his ball and goes home, throwing a hissy fit.
Again the 2 are not remotely connected. Getting a sweetheart deal is not what one would call probable cause , except a Trump fan

And the latest Lev Parnas told MSNBC he went to Ukraine to put pressure on officials on behalf of Mr Trump and his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani

Still not 1st hand enough

Americans are smart only the faithful close their eyes and ears to this evidence they keep the mouth open in an attempt create alternative facts,

It's the totality of Trumps negative behaviour it out paces his occasional good , it's not fake or made up behaviors he actually says and does the things hes criticized for.

But the talking point line any one who disagrees with Trump Just Hate him Holds as much water that anyone who disagreed with Obama did so because he was black..

both examples have some truth but mostly in the far right and left base
Old 01-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #25
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Old 01-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #26
Jim in CT

wdmso, i’m not saying the two are connected. i’m saying when there’s evidence of wrongdoing, let’s imvestigate it. i don’t care who is involved or which party.

I know a little about Robert Hyde. He’s crazy. He was removed by police from a trump hotel
last year, he told
the cops that the secret service was bugging him and that people were trying to kill him. he may we’ll be a paranoid schizophrenic. as i said, let’s investigate to see. but can’t we also investigate when there evidence that the Bidens were involved in fishy business?

You only want to investigate trump.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Bill Barr is super concerned about “illegal spying”...so he’s going to have DOJ all over this too, right?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 11:10 AM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso, i’m not saying the two are connected. i’m saying when there’s evidence of wrongdoing, let’s imvestigate it. i don’t care who is involved or which party.

I know a little about Robert Hyde. He’s crazy. He was removed by police from a trump hotel
last year, he told
the cops that the secret service was bugging him and that people were trying to kill him. he may we’ll be a paranoid schizophrenic. as i said, let’s investigate to see. but can’t we also investigate when there evidence that the Bidens were involved in fishy business?

You only want to investigate trump.
She had a relationship with dossier author Christopher Steele, gained 23 trademarks in China including 1 for voting machines, made $82 million while working in the WH, and laundered money with Iran’s General Soleimani.

I demand an investigation of Ivanka Trump. Who is with me?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Lev Parnas is the smoking gun.

Pete, when the people you get your news from, are lying or wrong again and again and again, do they lose any credibility with you? You're listening to the same people who said Hilary was going to win in a landslide, that Trump would get indicted for collusion with Russia, that he is a tax cheat, that he engaged in bribery, that the Sandman kid was an evil racist (that's a sixteen year old kid, by the way, if that matters, which it doesn't, because he was wearing a MAGA hat, and that's all that matters).
Old 01-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #30
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I think smoking gun is a bit much. He has problems as a credible witness, and a lot will come down to how much can be verified.

It certainly begs the question; Rudy claims in asking for the meeting with Zelinsky, that the request was with the consent and knowledge of POTUS.
So was Trump lying when he said he didn't know what Rudy was doing in Ukraine or was Rudy lying about it then?

Plus there is a tangled web if Nunes was meeting with this guy as claimed. Nunes is trying to deflect and pull back, which is not a good look for him.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"