Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-16-2020, 10:32 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Laws are for other people

“Today, GAO issued a legal decision concluding that the Office of Management and Budget violated the law when it withheld approximately $214 million appropriated to DOD for security assistance to Ukraine. The President has narrow, limited authority to withhold appropriations under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974. OMB told GAO that it withheld the funds to ensure that they were not spent “in a manner that could conflict with the President’s foreign policy.” The law does not permit OMB to withhold funds for policy reasons.” The full decision can be found here: https://www.gao.gov/products/B-331564

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #32
Sea Dangles

🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

The propose of the Impoundment Control Act is to preserve the balance of power between Congress and POTUS, specifically to ensure that its power of the purse has meaning and force. Undermining this balance is a violation of Trump’s oath to uphold Constitution, as well as the law.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #34
wdmso

The White House said it disagreed with the GAO's opinion, accusing the agency of trying to "insert themselves into the media's controversy of the day".

attacking and claiming the agency must also Hate Trump is not called a disagreement , its called a lie
Old 01-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #35
wdmso

You’re a liberal hack. I’m not talking to you,” McSally said to Raju cnn reporter

For asking if she would vote for new witnesses

Another Republican selling out to Trump over a free press. If you cant handle the question complain to Trump it's his people putting out the latest incriminating info

Sen. Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) is falling behind in campaign fundraising — this explaines everything

The president is tapping his vast donor network to buck up lawmakers whose support he badly needs — but who also need him.

Last edited by wdmso; 01-16-2020 at 01:40 PM..
Old 01-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You’re a liberal hack. I’m not talking to you,” McSally said to Raju cnn reporter

For asking if she would vote for new witnesses

Another Republican selling out to Trump over a free press. If you cant handle the question complain to Trump it's his people putting out the latest incriminating info
i think she called him that for past behavior, not for asking that one question. god forbid we be honest...
Old 01-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i think she called him that for past behavior, not for asking that one question. god forbid we be honest...

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump broke the law, so what he has been doing it his entire life, sad that it is now acceptable in the eyes of the boot licking republican senators. All this new evidence just puts the icing on the impeachment articles, but politics will prevent a fair trial from happening. Can you just imagine what a uproar we would hear if this happened in Obama’s second term, they would all be singing a far different tune. Hypocrisy at its finest!
Old 01-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Just more obstruction by the Floridaman administration

CONCLUSION
OMB violated the ICA when it withheld DOD’s USAI funds from obligation for policy reasons. This impoundment of budget authority was not a programmatic delay.
OMB and State have failed, as of yet, to provide the information we need to fulfill our duties under the ICA regarding potential impoundments of FMF funds. We will continue to pursue this matter and will provide our decision to the Congress after we have received the necessary information.
We consider a reluctance to provide a fulsome response to have constitutional significance. GAO’s role under the ICA—to provide information and legal analysis to Congress as it performs oversight of executive activity—is essential to ensuring respect for and allegiance to Congress’ constitutional power of the purse. All federal officials and employees take an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution and its core tenets, including the congressional power of the purse. We trust that State and OMB will provide the information needed.

Thomas H. Armstrong
General Counsel

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 03:10 PM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump broke the law, so what he has been doing it his entire life, sad that it is now acceptable in the eyes of the boot licking republican senators. All this new evidence just puts the icing on the impeachment articles, but politics will prevent a fair trial from happening. Can you just imagine what a uproar we would hear if this happened in Obama’s second term, they would all be singing a far different tune. Hypocrisy at its finest!
Yada,,,,yada.....yada

You really need a soap box for your proclamations
Old 01-16-2020, 03:28 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #42
Sea Dangles

🍔🇺🇸🍔