Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #61
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Then--if it wasn't a sucker punch--why was he fined?

Players don't get fined for hurting someone in a clean fight.

Real mixed message being sent, and that's why today's NHL is a joke
You know Mike, I never even thought of that. That makes it even more f'd up.

Hopefully we go in and punish the 'Canes like we did in Game 5. Check the hell out of anything in a red jersey. Leave no doubt who the better team is.
Dad 818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #62
Mr. Sandman

http://bruins.nhl.tv/team/console.js...d=660&id=41911

interview with Ward today....
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #63
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

looking good after 2....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #64
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Game 7! This would be a good come back if they can pull it off. They are playing like they should now. Hopfully Savard is ok.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #65
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

Yeah they played very poised tonight. Staal is still a little b*tch. I especially liked the open hand blow to Ward's left eye as the puck was being moved up the ice.

The one thing that still bothers me is the fact that they still can't move the puck out of their own zone for what seems like minutes at a time.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #66
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
Game 7! This would be a good come back if they can pull it off. They are playing like they should now. Hopfully Savard is ok.
Julien said after the game that Savard came to him to go back in and Julien told him to just rest. He said he'd be ready for Game 7.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #67
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Sweet

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #68
Mr. Sandman

Not the prettiest game (except for the Lucic/Savard goal which was beautiful and lighting fast) but they were still able to force the canes to play their game for about 2/3 of the game. Which was good enough.
Game 7 should be exciting and I think if the canes push back they can expect some facial distortion in a big way...

Not a big fan of Monitor...but he played his best game in a long time last night.

The best part of the game...seeing the look of disbelief on the all cane fan faces
Old 05-13-2009, 06:17 AM   #69
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Agreed about Montador as he is a liability when handling the puck but went mistake free last night. Wideman was the one coughing up the puck but really, who cares as the outcome was positive despite being outshot significantly. Probably the first game of the series that Thomas earned the W with some solid goaltending. Surprised by the lack of hitting/agressiveness last night. Only a coupla minor penalties. Expecting to win game 7 but not expecting it to be easy. Crowd (hopefully which I will be part of) will play a big role.

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #70
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

make me a liar please

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #71
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post

The best part of the game...seeing the look of disbelief on the all cane fan faces

Same look on the Cap fans tonight.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #72
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

and the same look on my face this morning too. Wasn't able to hear game at work last nite as I can't get it on radio on Cape. Saw goal this morning. Sucks it was such a freak goal. Oh well thats what can happen in a 7th game. Too bad.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #73
InTheHole

I am disappointed beyond words, but hey... they had a great season and it was a blast to watch good hockey in Boston again... wait until next season!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day ...
show him where to fish and ... you'll be sorry
InTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #74
Mr. Sandman

Yeah that sucked. I still think we would have fared better if the coach took the leash off these guys. Overly disciplined play last night. We should have steamrolled them in the 1st period. (I told my son at the end of the first, "if we play like that we will loose the game")Coach tried to walk the line too close, should have let them deliver what the fans wanted. Take a few penalties but play the hardest physical game allowed by the league...that is the line they should have walked IMO.

Oh well, back to the real world. Hockey is too long...80 games for what? home ice advantage IF it goes to 7 games? IMO the league needs to make the regular season count more and have fewer teams in the playoffs. But it is more about how much $$$ they can squeeze from the fans .