Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

lets get going....

So here we are, I cant believe 4 years has gone by since the infamous Bush/Kerry debates.
Can we begin an intelligent conversation on the 2008 election?
For the record, I am a conservative independant although I was labeled as bushwacked, brainwashed by Rove, right wing......etc

There is really no one I am excited about in either party. I CANNOT believe Biden is not one of the top 2 for the Dems. He is the only one qualified. How can Hillary be leading??? She is a mediocre laywer, shrouded in controversy with no leadership experience. It blows my mind.
For the repubs, I like Rudy, I like how he cleaned up NYC and his liberal stand on some domestic issues. But I'm not crazy about him. I cant beleive these people are the best this country can offer...

So lets hear it, spence, nebe, Skip thoughts?????

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

first off, i lean republican (no mystery there).

but i also tend to be a single issue voter. (guess which issue). since that issue is so important to me, i won't hesitate to vote democrat if a democrat leans my way and his/her republican opponent doesn't.

no way in hell i'll vote for Rudy Giuliani. he may have been the best candidate for mayor in nyc, and when i was living there, i voted for him ... for Mayor. because Mr. Dinkins was so horrible.

for President, no. same goes with Mr. Romney. you ain't fooling us, Mitt.

i will vote for either Fred Thompson or Ron Paul, and hold my nose if i have no other choice but to vote for John McCain.

If democrat Bill Richardson is his party's (unlikely) nominee, i would gladly vote for him over Rudy Giuliani or Mitt Romney.

there, ya shocked now?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

interesting, why so against Rudy? I dont know much about him, but sadly I think he is the only repub that can beat Hillary and I just cant live in a country where Hillary Clinton is president.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
striperman36
Old Guy

Rudy has no national experience, domestically he is from the league of great NY mayors. But that doesn't carry anything outside of manhattan.

Unfortunately there are no clear distinguishded candidates for the office anymore, only those that can be packaged and presented without inhaling.

Fred Thompson!!!!!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
interesting, why so against Rudy?
actions speak louder than words, Rudy. no difference between Rudy and Her Thighness. Only Barack Hussein Obama would be worse.