Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #31
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Chelsea jogging around the World Trade Center on 9/11.

You sure her last name isn't Mitty?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 PM   #32
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Use the search button.
Spence, you have a site on Google now??

" Choose Life "
Old 02-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Even Chelsea said that wasn't true.

" Choose Life "
Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Whitewater
Travelgate, the FBI files, and on and on and on... but it's all a vast right wing conspiracy. Not just any old right-wing conspiracy, either. But vast.

And in 2008, when she lost Iowa, she broke down and cried. Yep, that's who I want debating Putin and the Iranians.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:

I've actually never heard of that one, and had to look it up.

Remember, Hilary says that hedge fund manager compensation is immoral...unless Chelsea wants to marry one, which she did, in which case it's OK.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #36
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

She's the Bill Cosby of Politics.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:

Not exactly. Cosby will never work in entertainment again. Hilary may well get elected to the highest political office there is. Meaning, people in Hollywood have better ethics than the country as a whole. Not a ringing endorsement of us, is it?
Old 02-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #38
buckman

Quote:
Cosby should just claim he follows the Koran
Old 02-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Cosby should just claim he follows the Koran
He should take a page from Hilary's book, and claim that all the women are just looking for $$ and publicity. It works for her.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #40
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Not exactly. Cosby will never work in entertainment again. Hilary may well get elected to the highest political office there is. Meaning, people in Hollywood have better ethics than the country as a whole. Not a ringing endorsement of us, is it?
My point was more of......How many times do you have to be accused of something before the fault no longer lies with the accusers but the person in the mirror.

Its like the dude that's been divorced 5 times....but it always the ex-wives that were the problem....couldn't have been him.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
You should research this.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Nope, don't want to....

Perfectly happy with my assessment of her as despicable.....
Old 02-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
My point was more of......How many times do you have to be accused of something before the fault no longer lies with the accusers but the person in the mirror.

Its like the dude that's been divorced 5 times....but it always the ex-wives that were the problem....couldn't have been him.
Oh, I know, and it was a very valid point!

Nothing is ever her fault, ever.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Nope, don't want to....

Perfectly happy with my assessment of her as despicable.....
But if you're wrong on this what else are you wrong on?
Old 02-22-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Even Chelsea said that wasn't true.
When was that???
Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #46
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
But if you're wrong on this what else are you wrong on?

From the September 18, 2001, edition of Today:

KATIE COURIC (co-host): Since being elected to office, New York's junior senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton, managed to keep a relatively low profile until terror struck in lower Manhattan. At that moment, she was not just a senator, but a concerned parent. She recently sat down with "Dateline NBC's" Jane Pauley to talk about that morning.

PAULEY: Tuesday morning, Senator Hillary Clinton's first thought when the second plane hit was terrorists. Her next thought was Chelsea, who was not only in New York, but staying downtown.

CLINTON: She'd gone, what she thought would be just a great jog. She was going to go down to Battery Park, she was going to go around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and -- and that's when the plane hit.

PAULEY: She was close enough to hear the rumble.

CLINTON: She did hear it.

PAULEY: And to see the smoke in person, not on television.

CLINTON: No. Of course, Bill was in Australia. And, you know, he was so upset by what he was seeing on television that I didn't want to tell him that I couldn't find her until I found her. I told him that, you know, everything's fine, don't worry. But I couldn't do it with the level of assurance that I needed until I could find her a couple of hours later

Chelsea Clinton wrote in Talk magazine:

"When the World Trade Center collapsed on Sept. 11, I was 12 blocks away, (and) nothing has been the same since," Clinton wrote in the December/January issue of Talk magazine, on sale Friday in New York.

[...]

Clinton had been staying with her high school friend Nicole Davison in her apartment near Union Square for a few days in September before she went to England to study at Oxford. After they had coffee together, Davison went to work and Clinton returned to the apartment.

Davison called Clinton with the news of the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center. Clinton turned on the television and watched the second plane crash into the second WTC tower, and tried to reach her mother in Washington, but after speaking to her assistant, the phone line went dead.

[...]

Panicked, Chelsea Clinton left the apartment and found herself running toward downtown "in the direction everyone else was coming from," in search of a public telephone. She was desperate to call her mother and her father, who was on a speaking tour in Australia.

Chelsea Clinton was downtown in line at a pay phone when she heard the rumble of the second tower collapsing. Later she found Davison and another friend, and the three spent the day walking uptown. Chelsea Clinton wrote that she had an "irrational medley of thoughts" running through her head.

What am I missing?
Old 02-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #47
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:

KATIE COURIC (co-host): Since being elected to office, New York's junior senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton, managed to keep a relatively low profile until terror struck in lower Manhattan. At that moment, she was not just a senator, but a concerned parent. She recently sat down with "Dateline NBC's" Jane Pauley to talk about that morning.

PAULEY: Tuesday morning, Senator Hillary Clinton's first thought when the second plane hit was terrorists. Her next thought was Chelsea, who was not only in New York, but staying downtown.

CLINTON: She'd gone, what she thought would be just a great jog. She was going to go down to Battery Park, she was going to go around the towers. She went to get a cup of coffee and -- and that's when the plane hit.

CLINTON: No. Of course, Bill was in Australia. And, you know, he was so upset by what he was seeing on television that I didn't want to tell him that I couldn't find her until I found her. I told him that, you know, everything's fine, don't worry. But I couldn't do it with the level of assurance that I needed until I could find her a couple of hours later

"When the World Trade Center collapsed on Sept. 11, I was 12 blocks away, (and) nothing has been the same since," Clinton wrote in the December/January issue of Talk magazine, on sale Friday in New York.

[...]

Clinton had been staying with her high school friend Nicole Davison in her apartment near Union Square for a few days in September before she went to England to study at Oxford. After they had coffee together, Davison went to work and Clinton returned to the apartment.

Davison called Clinton with the news of the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center. Clinton turned on the television and watched the second plane crash into the second WTC tower, and tried to reach her mother in Washington, but after speaking to her assistant, the phone line went dead.

[...]

Panicked, Chelsea Clinton left the apartment and found herself running toward downtown "in the direction everyone else was coming from," in search of a public telephone. She was desperate to call her mother and her father, who was on a speaking tour in Australia.

Chelsea Clinton was downtown in line at a pay phone when she heard the rumble of the second tower collapsing. Later she found Davison and another friend, and the three spent the day walking uptown. Chelsea Clinton wrote that she had an "irrational medley of thoughts" running through her head.

What am I missing?
You didn't point out where she admitted lying to Bill.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
It might be a mild case of Tourettes. I would think constantly posting that Progressives hate the Constitution would be considered a severe case.
I liked it better when you pretended you didn't read my posts.

I don't say the same words over and over. I present different arguments. Say it in different ways. Present new or different evidence. That's not an indication of Tourettes. An obsession, maybe. But an important one.

And I did once say, in the same, light-hearted way as I said about you, that I had Constitution Tourettes. I didn't even qualify it as a "mild case." So, again, you're repeating "old news." (By the way, the "old news" bit is a light hearted jab at Spence, not you.)
Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 PM   #49
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
When was that???
Spence, TDF answed that quite nicely.

What did you miss TDF, nothin, absolutely nothin.

" Choose Life "
Old 02-23-2016, 07:35 AM   #50
spence

Quote:

[...]

[...]

What am I missing?
Seriously?

No Seriously?

Reeeeally, Seriously?

So let's get your own story straight.

1) Chelsea corroborates she was living and in the area during the attack

2) They both said she went out for coffee just before the attack

3) Hillary never said she was actually running around the WTC but rather said "She was going to go"

4) Chelsea is well known for being an avid runner...

Quote:
Both of these injuries come from running—it turns out she’s a New Yorker to the bone, literally. “I think I have run on every street in Manhattan,” she says. “Running is my prophylactic stress relief for the day. Or the segue so that I can go home and be with my husband in a kind of clearheaded way.” She runs early in the morning, sometimes at night, always alone. “Running is the one part of my life in which I fundamentally feel like the observer instead of the observed.”

http://www.vogue.com/865319/waiting-...elsea-clinton/
And you think this qualifies as a lie? Sweet Jesus, so now they have to make sure their stories are *exactly* identical otherwise it's a national scandal. Well Chelsea, if you ever talk about it mention the running right because I did on the Today show...

Dude, you're smarter than this.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:36 AM   #51
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I liked it better when you pretended you didn't read my posts.
I honestly do ignore the majority of your posts. Too long for me. Same as I ignore the majority of the other very long posts. I usually start ignoring and stop reading threads that go past 2 pages or so or that continue into the weekend. Prob. 1 person on here that I try to ignore all of their posts - I consider them too snarky, smart but snarky.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #52
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
So let's get your own story straight.
Its not my Story....Its Hillary's "Story"....and she's sticking to it

Quote:
And you think this qualifies as a lie? Sweet Jesus, so now they have to make sure their stories are *exactly* identical otherwise it's a national scandal. Well Chelsea, if you ever talk about it mention the running right because I did on the Today show...
Never said it was a national scandal....someone asked to bring up other examples of her lying.....she lied

Yes or No....was Chelsea jogging around NY city when the planes hit? Hillary said she was....Chelsea said she wasn't. That's a lie....this was a week after 9/11....so by then Hillary should have known the truth about her daughter's whereabouts....but that certainly wouldn't have garnered as much sympathy if the public knew she was actually just at home watching Oprah hand out a bunch of blenders.

Quote:
Dude, you're smarter than this.
Smart enough to know I'm not wasting my vote on her.....I cannot stand that woman.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #53
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

How about this one...

Hillary Clinton: I was 'instrumental' in Northern Ireland peace process

Hillary Clinton, accused last week by a Nobel Peace Prize winner of exaggerating her claims of having "helped" bring peace to Northern Ireland, has raised the stakes by stating she was "instrumental" in doing so.

The former First Lady laughed and dismissed criticisms she had inflated her foreign policy experience in Northern Ireland and Bosnia as "nitpicking" on Thursday.

When asked by National Public Radio whether she had been in the "centre of the room" during Northern Ireland peace talks, she said: "What I was was part of a team and that team included obviously the principal negotiators under the direct authority of my husband.

"I wasn't sitting at the negotiating table but the role I played was instrumental. I guess it was in December when Ian Paisley [Democratic Unionist Party leader] and Martin McGuinness [Sinn Fein leader] came to the United States.

"I think they met with the leadership of Congress, with the President and with me and they thanked me publicly for the role I had played."

But Mrs Clinton's version of events has been challenged by Peter King, an Ulster Unionist Party negotiator at the Good Friday talks in 1998, who said: "Hillary Clinton was totally invisible at the actual negotiations.

"As far as I am concerned, Mrs Clinton was as relevant to peace in Northern Ireland as Tony Blair's wife or the ex-wife of Bertie Ahern [the Irish prime minister]."

Lord Trimble of Lisnagarvey, who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with John Hume of the nationalist Social Democratic and Labour Party in 1998, told The Daily Telegraph last week that Mrs Clinton's claims were a "wee bit silly".

This month, Terry McAuliffe, Mrs Clinton's campaign chairman, told CNN: "We would not have peace today had it not for Hillary's hard work in Northern Ireland."

Both Unionist and Nationalist negotiators told this newspaper that while Mrs Clinton's work with women's groups was positive her overall role was peripheral and she played no part in the gruelling negotiations that took years.

Mr Paisley boycotted the talks that led to the Good Friday Agreement in Northern Ireland, though he has since become the province's First Minister.

Greg Craig, a foreign policy adviser to Barack Obama who served in President Bill Clinton's administration at the time of the talks, said the "inflated" claim called into question Mrs Clinton's judgement.

"Did the Irish have anything to do with this?...I'm not aware she solved any of the many, many thorny problems that had to be resolved, whether it was disarmament or whatever."

He cited accounts of the Northern Ireland talks by George Mitchell, who chaired them, and Madeleine Albright, then US Secretary of State, that hardly featured Mrs Clinton.

"If you look at the books that deal with the American side she doesn't figure in any significant way, certainly not instrumental."

Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #54
Nebe

That's a good one.

She also said she would release all of her paid speech transcripts that she gave to Wall Street banks... Lol.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #55
spence

Quote:
Yes or No....was Chelsea jogging around NY city when the planes hit? Hillary said she was....Chelsea said she wasn't. That's a lie....this was a week after 9/11....so by then Hillary should have known the truth about her daughter's whereabouts....but that certainly wouldn't have garnered as much sympathy if the public knew she was actually just at home watching Oprah hand out a bunch of blenders.
That's really insulting to those in NYC. You're starting to lose your cool.

Perhaps you should just redefine what a lie means for Hillary, redefine the standard. For instance if I tell someone I'm going to the bank and then get gas, yet what I *really* do is get gas and then go to the bank...I've pulled a Hillary and should endure national scorn, a light stoning and a few lawsuits.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #56
spence

Quote:
How about this one...

Hillary Clinton: I was 'instrumental' in Northern Ireland peace process
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-m...ys-experience/

George Mitchell was there and disagrees.

Oops, another Hillary.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So the paper I quoted....which was a non-partisan UK Newspaper, which quotes people from the Ireland/UK part of the negotiations, is wrong....

I need to believe your source that quotes another democrat....got it.

Didn't know I needed to play by a custom set of rules to determine If I think a person is a liar.

Still think she's a liar.....though

Old 02-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #58
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's really insulting to those in NYC. You're starting to lose your cool.
Yankees Suck!! Whoops....Insulted them again....

Maybe you should start a movement if my comments actually insulted the citizens of NYC...... Maybe you can call it #LiarsLivesMatter

Old 02-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #59
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
That's a good one.

She also said she would release all of her paid speech transcripts that she gave to Wall Street banks... Lol.
That's not true, she said she would if everyone else did. Fair.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Spence, it would be a lot easier to take you seriously on this topic, if you would chime in on the sniper thing - just a couple of sentences. Why is that too much to ask? There have been times on this forum where you have had me against the ropes, and I happily admitted it. I promise you, your head won't explode if you admit she flat-out lied.

Then, she tells CNN that she has never lied.

I don't think she even knows when she's lying and when she's not. She is in George Costanza territory.