Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-15-2017, 06:59 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Now if the left had not...

Now if the left had not made this guy into the worst baby killer, 27 wived, 80s Foreign Policy Horses and Bayonets, Bain Cancer Pepper Spraying, maybe he would be on his second term as president.

Would most of us agree that he would be better than Trump? Almost as many better than a second Obama admin?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mitt.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	64446  

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-15-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Ya, this Trump presidency is a complete failure.
Stock market booming, job growth up , payroll tax record collection, unemployment down etc......
Yup, complete failure.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It doesn't matter how we got here, here we are. And when the Democrats continue to erase history, it really won't matter anymore.

How close are we to draining that swamp? let me know when it is empty and I will start believing we can get some honest people to lead the country again.

don't give up your freedoms and liberties and don't depend on the government to take care of your ass

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
It doesn't matter how we got here, here we are. And when the Democrats continue to erase history, it really won't matter anymore.

How close are we to draining that swamp? let me know when it is empty and I will start believing we can get some honest people to lead the country again.

don't give up your freedoms and liberties and don't depend on the government to take care of your ass

Never going to be able to Drain the Swamp till we have Term Limits!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
And sperm limits
Old 08-15-2017, 05:07 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Salary and terms are a huge part of the problem, the longer they serve; the more special interest lobbyists corrupt those same people that might have started down that road with the best intentions.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #7
Jim in CT

GREAT thread.

we nominated a choir boy in 2012, and the media made him out to be an evil, heartless plutocrat, who rejoiced at the thought of human suffering.

It doesn't matter who the GOP nominates, the media cannot begin to even be close to fair.

John McCain adopted a black daughter from a 3rd world sh*thole, and gave her unimaginable opportunity in this country. How many people have changed a life so significantly, so generously, so lovingly?

What thanks did he get? The New York Times ran a front-page story saying his adopted daughter was actually his biological daughter from an extra marital affair. That, aimed at a guy who spent 4 years of his life getting kicked in the ribs in a POW camp.

I think Romney would have been way better than Trump.

Great thread.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #8
Raider Ronnie

https://youtu.be/q-mufjTSCzs
Old 08-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Salary and terms are a huge part of the problem, the longer they serve; the more special interest lobbyists corrupt those same people that might have started down that road with the best intentions.
Lobbyists are part of the swamp that needs to swirl down the drain.

Remove the greed, all of the greed

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:00 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Now if the left had not made this guy into the worst baby killer, 27 wived, 80s Foreign Policy Horses and Bayonets, Bain Cancer Pepper Spraying, maybe he would be on his second term as president.

Would most of us agree that he would be better than Trump? Almost as many better than a second Obama admin?
the left was not responsible for his lost .. Rommney was responsible for his lost

Some could say the same About Hillary .. if the right had not made her into the Napoleon of crime or queen of lies would we possibly be a a better place

Her loss she was responsible for

And yes Romney would be better than Trump And I would have voted for him if he was the Nominee .. but sadly that choice was not available

and better than Obama 2nd Term How so ..

Last edited by wdmso; 08-16-2017 at 04:09 AM..
Old 08-16-2017, 04:06 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Ya, this Trump presidency is a complete failure.
Stock market booming, job growth up , payroll tax record collection, unemployment down etc......
Yup, complete failure.
The train was all ready rolling down that path ..

if the right cant and wont give Obama credit for all those things you listed over 8 years .. not sure how how you can credit Trump for those same things in 7 months ...
Old 08-16-2017, 06:35 AM   #12
PaulS

Damn those Dems. for electing Trump
Old 08-16-2017, 06:38 AM   #13
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
they should all smack themselves
Old 08-16-2017, 07:40 AM   #14
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Hillary made herself into thew Queen of Crime with repeated lying, promoting herself above the law, and trying to cover it up afterward. They didn't run against each other but do you think Hillary is more ethical than Romney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the left was not responsible for his lost .. Rommney was responsible for his lost
Perhaps you missed it from the liberal cheering section ; ) but the abuse, lies, and mis-characterizations were deafening.

This also led to the rise in people being unwilling to believe the main stream media / major networks. A lack of accuracy compounded with bias from networks further eroded the faith many people had in the news - which also allows for the near opiate like attraction to "Fake News".

In 2016 we had the worst possible candidates put forth, particularly in the end.

As for Obama's 2nd term - you think he was uniting the country?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:

Some could say the same About Hillary .. if the right had not made her into the Napoleon of crime or queen of lies would we possibly be a a better place

Her loss she was responsible for

And yes Romney would be better than Trump And I would have voted for him if he was the Nominee .. but sadly that choice was not available

and better than Obama 2nd Term How so ..
"the left was not responsible for his loss "

No. But the left is responsible for the lies they told about him, simply because he disagrees with them on some things. He is a decent man. He was not portrayed as such by the left. They are responsible for their actions. They are responsible for engaging in dishonest smear campaigns, are they not? and right-wing news outlets are equally responsible when they do it.

That's what led to Trump, because he could not care less when the media goes bonkers trying to demonize him, in fact I think he loves it. He loves knowing that he is living rent-free in their heads, I think it cracks him up.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
The train was all ready rolling down that path ..

if the right cant and wont give Obama credit for all those things you listed over 8 years .. not sure how how you can credit Trump for those same things in 7 months ...
I give Obama credit for helping stabilize and grow the economy. I don't like everything about the way he went about it naturally, but you can't say that the economy wasn't better off when he left, than when he got there. Maybe it depends on how you define "better economy", because GDP growth has been slow, and it was a slow recovery from a recession. But I give Obama decent marks on handling the economy. Not as high as the marks I give Bill Clinton, but decent.

Fair enough?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #17
boot man

Imagine now, he was bashed for changing his beliefs on the hot topics from when he was guvnah of Mass to running for president. Our 2 choices changed their beliefs on a daily basis it seemed. And 45 continues to do so 7 months into his term.

I miss when the systems of checks and balances worked without demonization of the opponent.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"the left was not responsible for his loss "

No. But the left is responsible for the lies they told about him, simply because he disagrees with them on some things. He is a decent man. He was not portrayed as such by the left. They are responsible for their actions. They are responsible for engaging in dishonest smear campaigns, are they not? and right-wing news outlets are equally responsible when they do it.

That's what led to Trump, because he could not care less when the media goes bonkers trying to demonize him, in fact I think he loves it. He loves knowing that he is living rent-free in their heads, I think it cracks him up.
I know every thing said about Hillary from the right was the truth What's that saying she lost ... as did Romney You sound like a snowflake in your defense
Old 08-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

This also led to the rise in people being unwilling to believe the main stream media / major networks. A lack of accuracy compounded with bias from networks further eroded the faith many people had in the news - which also allows for the near opiate like attraction to "Fake News".

I disagree with that 100% the right has driven that lie and followers no carry that idea

As for Obama's 2nd term - you think he was uniting the country
I know he wasn't dividing it . Unless you think questioning police shooting of in armed citizens as division ..

I what manner did you see him being disvisive and on what topic?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 08-16-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
The left played a HUGE role in the emergence of Trump. Every lie told about a conservative, every bullsh*t claim of racism, the incredible media bias, it all helped swell the anger. The anger manifested itself, in Trump. Would never, ever have happened without help from the left. People who nominated McCain and Romney don't rally behind a maniac like Trump, unless they feel like they were pushed there.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know every thing said about Hillary from the right was the truth What's that saying she lost ... as did Romney You sound like a snowflake in your defense
No comparison. There is data you can find, to see what % of media coverage, is favorable or unfavorable, for certain candidates. The media has one TV station, ONE, that isn't completely in the tank for the Democrats. And less than 1% of the population watches that TV station.

"You sound like a snowflake in your defense"

Yes, that's me, a snowflake.

If you see no bias in the way the media covers politics, well, you have the right to that opinion. Most of the country disagrees with you. The polls couldn't be more clear on that.

CNN gave debate questions ahead of time, to one of the presidential candidates. Which one do you suppose it was? Do you know?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
The left played a HUGE role in the emergence of Trump. Every lie told about a conservative, every bullsh*t claim of racismYup, the Pres. doesn't have a problem w/race , the incredible media bias, it all helped swell the anger. The anger manifested itself, in Trump. Would never, ever have happened without help from the left. People who nominated McCain and Romney don't rally behind a maniac like Trump, unless they feel like they were pushed there.
Ok, I got it. Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault. So the Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to.

I got my laugh for the day.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #23
PaulS

And on another note, the Pres. 2 advisory councils where fallilng apart internal w/calls today and Thurs where it was expected that many more CEOs where going to quit. Pres. Trump then disbanded them - he will soon take credit for something that he didn't do, the press will cover it and Jim will blame the Dems.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok, I got it. Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault. So the Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to.

I got my laugh for the day.
", the Pres. doesn't have a problem w/race "

I have said many times, Trump is a jerk who deserves much of the criticism. My calling out fake racism claims, has little to do with Trump, and more to do with everyone who isn't a liberal, getting called a racist. Everybody who opposes Obama is a racist, everybody who opposes Hilary is a sexist, everybody who wants secure borders is a xenophobe, everyone who believes in traditional gay marriage is a homophobe, everyone who sees a connection between Islam and Islamic jihadists is an Islamophobe, everyone who is anti abortion hates women's health, blah, blah, blah.

"Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault"

Did McCain lie a lot? Because he got skewered in the press. Did Romney lie a lot? Because he got smeared. Did Hilary a lie a lot? Yes, and one TV station bothered to cover it. Again, I am not talking about Trump. John started this thread in response to the unfair way that Mitt Romney was portrayed. That liberal bias, led to Trump. Deny that if you want to, I'm not sure what good it serves, but it's your right.

"he Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to"

I didn't say anywhere, that the Dems did this intentionally (you are responding to a lot of things here, that no one actually said - are you feeling OK?). The Dems helped bring Trump about, by making people pizzed off about liberal bias and hypocrisy. You are, of course, free to deny that.

"the press will cover it and Jim will blame the Dems"

You seem to think I am a rabid Trump supporter. Again, maybe you aren't feeling well, because I am extremely, extremely critical of the man. But I am a fair critic of him, I criticize him for things he actually does, not made-up things. You can fill the Pacific Ocean with valid things to criticize him for, but apparently that's not nearly enough for liberals.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #25
PaulS

Give me a break - pull up some Hillary lies and i'll put up 10 for Trump.

What it the 1st sentence of this thread - it is somehow the Dems fault that Trump is now Pres.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Give me a break - pull up some Hillary lies and i'll put up 10 for Trump.

What it the 1st sentence of this thread - it is somehow the Dems fault that Trump is now Pres.
Have you been painting inside with the windows shut, or something? I will say it again, and more slowly.

This. Thread. Isn't. About. Unfair. Coverage. Of. Trump. It's. About. Unfair. Coverage. Of. Romney.

And I expanded it to include McCain. I keep saying Trump deserves much of the criticism he gets, and you keep acting like I say he walks on water.

I agree the Dems helped cause the election of Trump, many people agree with that. You then took a big leap, and assumed I think the dems did it on purpose. I am saying it was an unintended consequence of the liberal practice of attacking everyone who disagrees with them. They didn't plan on getting Trump elected. But it never occurred to them, that they'd piss off people in flyover states (the people that Dems have zero use for) to the point that those people would push back. But that's exactly what happened. Maybe Hilary's "deplorables" speech hit a nerve. That would be sweet if that's what it was.

Another example...The Japanese didn't intend for themselves to get eventually annihilated when they attacked us at Pearl Harbor. But yet they still caused their own destruction. If I say the Japanese caused their own destruction, would you say "yeah right, like they did that on purpose!!"? Unintended consequences.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #27
buckman

Quote:

Winner
Old 08-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
No comparison. There is data you can find, to see what % of media coverage, is favorable or unfavorable, for certain candidates. The media has one TV station, ONE, that isn't completely in the tank for the Democrats. And less than 1% of the population watches that TV station.

"You sound like a snowflake in your defense"

Yes, that's me, a snowflake.

If you see no bias in the way the media covers politics, well, you have the right to that opinion. Most of the country disagrees with you. The polls couldn't be more clear on that.

CNN gave debate questions ahead of time, to one of the presidential candidates. Which one do you suppose it was? Do you know?
99 % of media covers things the same way and have been for decades
Most of the country disagrees with you. not really only fox viewers and thats not most .. you guys get 1 guy elected in 8 years and blame the dems for trump ... you reap what you sow you voted for him now own him .... can you say Sinclair Broadcast Group i
Old 08-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:

Most of the country disagrees with you.

. you reap what you sow you voted for him now own him ...

. can you say Sinclair Broadcast Group i
I didn't vote for him...Jim didn't either(right?)...John didn't...TDF either...I know a lot of typically democrat/swing voters who DID especially union types who are apparently secret fringenazialtheads?...

no clue what Sinclair Broadcasting is....

Last edited by scottw; 08-17-2017 at 05:10 AM..
Old 08-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I didn't vote for him...Jim didn't either(right?)...John didn't...TDF either...I know a lot of typically democrat/swing voters who DID especially union types who are apparently secret fringenazialtheads?...

no clue what Sinclair Broadcasting is....
Well, Geesh, NOW who is he going to be able to call a Trumpanzee.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."