Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-28-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Ratcliffe selected for DNI

John Ratcliffe successfully passed his auditions at the Mueller hearings and the Sunday AM political shows to become DNI.

When the Russians do it again in 2020, who will warn the American people? Barr? Ratcliffe? Whoever’s still playing musical chairs at DHS? Cabinet full of toadies.

Meanwhile, Konstantin Kosachev, chair of the Council of the Federation Committee on Foreign Affairs, who is under U.S. sanctions, said that Rand Paul "has access to the top U.S. leadership, is close to Donald Trump, and we expect that we will be able to convey our signals through him."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Here's Trump's definition of Only the Best

Before becoming DNI, Jim Clapper had worked in U.S. intelligence for nearly fifty years and personally headed two of the nation's 17 intel agencies.

Dan Coats previously served as a United States Senator from Indiana from 1989 to 1999 and again from 2011 to 2017. He was the United States Ambassador to Germany from 2001 to 2005, and was a member of the United States House of Representatives from 1981 to 1989. Coats served on the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence while in the U.S. Senate.

By comparison, John Ratcliffe is a 3 term Representative in the House.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-29-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
spence

I'm just amazed at the length they're going to downplay election interference even to the point of rewriting intelligence products.

Is it that the GOP doesn't think Trump can win without Russian help?
Old 08-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump blames Ratcliffe abandonment on the media’s “slander and libel,” then says he has outsourced his vetting to the media and that’s a good thing, says we save a lot of money that way.

He seems to get the nominees from Hannity and-or Fox and Friends, then verifies they are Trumplikers and just throws them into the ring. Oops, that one didn't stick, who else ya got? There's a plan for a well managed administration.
I'm sure he was just hyperbolizing

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm just amazed at the length they're going to downplay election interference even to the point of rewriting intelligence products.

Is it that the GOP doesn't think Trump can win without Russian help?
what help exactly did russia
provide? they got some
dirt on hilary? how
much of it was false? most of it came from the dnc right? if the media could have done their
jobs, we wouldn’t be discussing this. if you don’t want the russians leaking dirt on you, perhaps hilary should have been less dirty. if russia had given the access hollywood tapes to
nbc, you wouldn’t be complaining.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump has sick fing skills at finding the very best people😂, kiss the golden haired President’s ring by promoting the Fox News position during the Mueller hearings and you get nominated for a position you might be qualified for in fifteen years. Unbelievable how this clown thinks this incredibly important position should be filled; ratings over qualifications. Best president of our lifetime 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited by Got Stripers; 08-02-2019 at 06:29 PM..
Old 08-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
wdmso

Media bias for republicans is their holy grail supporting their shared victimization.

Funny said that in another post before this thread and as if on Cue Trump blames the media ... because his choice has no qualification for the Job and people found out.... funny how that works
Old 08-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
provide? they got some
dirt on hilary? how
much of it was false? most of it came from the dnc right? if the media could have done their
jobs, we wouldn’t be discussing this. if you don’t want the russians leaking dirt on you, perhaps hilary should have been less dirty. if russia had given the access hollywood tapes to

We tell children not to pee in the pool .. not because it's going to change the color of the water .. we tell them because its just wrong

But with conservatives and the russians when they pee in the pool and got caught (elections ) the democrats see it as wrong and should not been done

republicans see it didn't change the color of the pool whats the problem? and they dont see the life guard (Trump) encouraging them to pee in as many pools as they wish ... as an issues either
Old 08-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
provide? they got some
dirt on hilary? how
Read the Mueller report Jim.