Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #31
wdmso

The President had a tantrum at NATO ally Denmark only because it wouldn't sell him Greenland, doubled down on an anti-Semitic trope, basked in the praise of a right-wing conspiracy theorist, helped advance Russian foreign policy, joked he'd like to award himself a Medal of Honor, endorsed a comparison of him to a King and deified himself as a "chosen one. He is a one man.
Band
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This is real leadership,the kind that makes the snowflakes heads spin.
I guess you are not tired of winning yet, remember nobody goes bankrupt better than the USA under Donald Trump.

• Under current law, debt held by the public will rise by more than $12.8 trillion over the next decade – from $16.5 trillion today to $29.3 trillion by 2029.
• Debt as a share of the economy will rise rapidly, from today’s post-World War II record of 78 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to 95 percent of GDP by 2029 (up from 92 percent under the previous baseline in May). If the 2017 tax cuts and other policies are extended, it would reach 101 percent by 2029.
• Annual budget deficits will exceed the trillion-dollar mark next year and rise to $1.4 trillion, or 4.5 percent of GDP, by the end of the decade.
• Growing debt and deficits are driven by a disconnect between spending and revenue. Under current law, spending will grow from 20.8 percent of GDP this year to 22.7 percent of GDP by 2029, while revenue will remain roughly between 16 and 17 percent of GDP through 2025 and rise to 18.2 percent of GDP by 2029, assuming recent tax cuts expire as scheduled.
• The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019 substantially worsened the fiscal outlook, adding $1.7 trillion to projected deficits over the decade. Other legislative changes increased deficits by an additional $260 billion. Partially offsetting this, revised forecasts for interest rates and other factors will reduce projected deficits by $1.1 trillion. In total, CBO projects deficits to be $872 billion higher than projected in May.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-22-2019, 12:35 PM   #33
wdmso

sara sanders just joined fox news ...

that's clearly different then hiring stephanopoulos after clinton's 1st term . which the women in the video and the host had an issue with..
Old 08-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #34
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I guess you are not tired of winning yet, remember nobody goes bankrupt better than the USA under Donald Trump.

• Under current law, debt held by the public will rise by more than $12.8 trillion over the next decade – from $16.5 trillion today to $29.3 trillion by 2029.
• Debt as a share of the economy will rise rapidly, from today’s post-World War II record of 78 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to 95 percent of GDP by 2029 (up from 92 percent under the previous baseline in May). If the 2017 tax cuts and other policies are extended, it would reach 101 percent by 2029.
• Annual budget deficits will exceed the trillion-dollar mark next year and rise to $1.4 trillion, or 4.5 percent of GDP, by the end of the decade.
• Growing debt and deficits are driven by a disconnect between spending and revenue. Under current law, spending will grow from 20.8 percent of GDP this year to 22.7 percent of GDP by 2029, while revenue will remain roughly between 16 and 17 percent of GDP through 2025 and rise to 18.2 percent of GDP by 2029, assuming recent tax cuts expire as scheduled.
• The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019 substantially worsened the fiscal outlook, adding $1.7 trillion to projected deficits over the decade. Other legislative changes increased deficits by an additional $260 billion. Partially offsetting this, revised forecasts for interest rates and other factors will reduce projected deficits by $1.1 trillion. In total, CBO projects deficits to be $872 billion higher than projected in May.
I just don’t see debt as a problem. Maybe I am just conservative and live within my means.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-22-2019, 02:15 PM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
sara sanders just joined fox news ...

that's clearly different then hiring stephanopoulos after clinton's 1st term . which the women in the video and the host had an issue with..
Listening to her talk, she probably would have an issue with that as well.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #36
detbuch

Quote:
The President had a tantrum at NATO ally Denmark only because it wouldn't sell him Greenland, doubled down on an anti-Semitic trope, basked in the praise of a right-wing conspiracy theorist, helped advance Russian foreign policy, joked he'd like to award himself a Medal of Honor, endorsed a comparison of him to a King and deified himself as a "chosen one. He is a one man.
Band
Hah! And you guys keep saying he hasn't accomplished anything! Do you realize how difficult it is to have a noteworthy tantrum at Denmark? Could you or your mother? Who would care? Tantrums are very powerful things when done by those who have the legitimate responsibility to throw them at another country. Look at the commotion Trump has created by this. Who else could have pulled off such furor over being furious? You gotta give the man some credit. And Greenland would have been a nice addition to our collection of States. With global warming it will become green again, it could have made the green new deal work. I would throw a tantrum at Denmark for not selling it to us. Actually, throwing in Denmark into the purchase would have really sealed the deal. And why wouldn't Denmark go for it? It sold itself to the EU. It would do better being a part of the US. The EU is a squabbling mess with some wanting to exit and a bunch being subsidized by the rest, and it depends on US power to protect it anyway.

And doubling down on anti-Semitic tropes while supporting Israel like nobody else and having Jews as a very important part of his family--who could pull such a thing off? Could Ben Gurion or Golda Meijer or Neten"yahoo" have done that? It takes quite a man to pull off that stunt!

Now . . . basking in the praise of right wing conspiracy theorists is not easy. Have you ever tried it. Do you realize how quickly your basking would turn into a butt-burning scorching by the NYT or CNN. You couldn't handle that. C'mon man, the guy has some real nads.

And poor Russia. SOMEBODY has to help it advance its foreign policy. It doesn't do a very good job of it itself. We should help our neighbors. Maybe we could buy it. Vodka and Russian women--great addition.

And the humility of merely awarding himself the medal of honor. He, obviously, deserves so much more. That he would settle for only that, and miss the opportunity to bask in all the other medals and honors he is entitled to . . . I mean . . . this is the essence of magnanimous!

Also, endorsing comparisons is quite difficult and fairly rare. And to a king--that requires real stature. Very few could do this.

But the masterpiece, the magnum opus, the masterwork, the tour de force. the showpiece, the prize, the gem, the jewel of endorsing comparisons is self deification. I don't think God could even do that. This is the height of power, of magnificence, and of earthly and heavenly accomplishment! Pay attention! What he has done compares favorably in difficulty and scope to Hercules cleaning the Augean Stables.

Being a one man band ain't easy either.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-22-2019 at 07:37 PM..
Old 08-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Hah! And you guys keep saying he hasn't accomplished anything! Do you realize how difficult it is to have a noteworthy tantrum at Denmark? Could you or your mother? Who would care? Tantrums are very powerful things when done by those who have the legitimate responsibility to throw them at another country. Look at the commotion Trump has created by this. Who else could have pulled off such furor over being furious? You gotta give the man some credit. And Greenland would have been a nice addition to our collection of States. With global warming it will become green again, it could have made the green new deal work. I would throw a tantrum at Denmark for not selling it to us. Actually, throwing in Denmark into the purchase would have really sealed the deal. And why wouldn't Denmark go for it? It sold itself to the EU. It would do better being a part of the US. The EU is a squabbling mess with some wanting to exit and a bunch being subsidized by the rest, and it depends on US power to protect it anyway.

And doubling down on anti-Semitic tropes while supporting Israel like nobody else and having Jews as a very important part of his family--who could pull such a thing off? Could Ben Gurion or Golda Meijer or Neten"yahoo" have done that? It takes quite a man to pull off that stunt!

Now . . . basking in the praise of right wing conspiracy theorists is not easy. Have you ever tried it. Do you realize how quickly your basking would turn into a butt-burning scorching by the NYT or CNN. You couldn't handle that. C'mon man, the guy has some real nads.

And poor Russia. SOMEBODY has to help it advance its foreign policy. It doesn't do a very good job of it itself. We should help our neighbors. Maybe we could buy it. Vodka and Russian women--great addition.

And the humility of merely awarding himself the medal of honor. He, obviously, deserves so much more. That he would settle for only that, and miss the opportunity to bask in all the other medals and honors he is entitled to . . . I mean . . . this is the essence of magnanimous!

Also, endorsing comparisons is quite difficult and fairly rare. And to a king--that requires real stature. Very few could do this.

But the masterpiece, the magnum opus, the masterwork, the tour de force. the showpiece, the prize, the gem, the jewel of endorsing comparisons is self deification. I don't think God could even do that. This is the height of power, of magnificence, and of earthly and heavenly accomplishment! Pay attention! What he has done compares favorably in difficulty and scope to Hercules cleaning the Augean Stables.

Being a one man band ain't easy either.
We already know how big your man crush is.. maybe you could use your writing skills to list these accomplishments you and other supporters insist have happened..
Old 08-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
We already know how big your man crush is..

No you don't. You don't know what size the crush is, or what gender (out of the many and growing ones that are popping up out everywhere to normalize whatever freaky crush one desires), or if I have one.

maybe you could use your writing skills to list these accomplishments you and other supporters insist have happened..
For you . . . no. Your robotic mind appears, to me, to have a fail safe that prevents any idea contrary to your preferred beliefs from entering. It automatically spits out any internet search which is biased against what you must cling to. Much of which you don't even seem to fundamentally understand. And when its fallacy is pointed out, you shut down and move on to the next attack on an idea that disturbs your equilibrium. And, in the inflexible robotic mind fashion, you eventually return to attacks on the same idea, as if nothing had come of your inability to validly respond before.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-26-2019 at 05:37 PM..
Old 08-24-2019, 09:24 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
For you . . . no. Your robotic mind appears, to me, to have a fail safe that prevents any idea contrary to your preferred beliefs from entering. It automatically spits out any internet search which is biased against what you must cling to. Much of which you don't even seem to fundamentally understand. And when its fallacy is pointed out, you shut down and move on to the next attack on an idea that disturbs your equilibrium. And, in the inflexible robotic mind fashion, you eventually return to attacks on the same idea, as if nothing had come of your ability to validly respond before.
Says mr youtube
Old 08-25-2019, 04:16 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Says mr youtube
he probably figures you guys do better with pictures than words
Old 08-25-2019, 06:39 AM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Pitcures or propaganda

I do like pictures while reading... lol
Old 08-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I wonder if John can install a Crayon font.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #43
scottw

nice people.....

F*ck him...I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful"

Bill Maher, host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher" used his platform on Friday night's show like he often does -- to trash political opponents in the worst of ways possible. As Cortney reported, the billionaire donor and philanthropist David Koch died late Thursday night. Maher took the opportunity to lash into a swear-laced monologue against Koch.

"Yesterday, David Koch of the zillionaire Koch brothers died," the host said before pausing to stop the audience from applauding.

"...of prostate cancer," he continued. "I guess I’m going to have to re-evaluate my low opinion of prostate cancer," he said to laughter from the audience.

"He was 79, but his family says they wish he could live longer but at least he lived long enough to see the Amazon catch fire," he added. "Condolences poured in from the politicians he owned."

“F*ck him...I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful," Maher remarked.

“I really want to put my money to work making the world a better place.” David H. Koch to the Wall Street Journal

$185 million Massachusetts Institute of Technology
$150 million Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
$100 million New York-Presbyterian Hospital(Another $28 million went to other needs for the hospital.)
$100 million New York State Theater at Lincoln Center
$66.7 million Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
$65 million The Metropolitan Museum of Art
$35 million Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
$26.5 million M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
$26.2 million The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York
$20 million American Museum of Natural History, New York
$20 million Johns Hopkins University
$10 million Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at the Mount Sinai Medical Center
Old 08-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
nice people.....

F*ck him...I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful"

Bill Maher, host of HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher" used his platform on Friday night's show like he often does -- to trash political opponents in the worst of ways possible. As Cortney reported, the billionaire donor and philanthropist David Koch died late Thursday night. Maher took the opportunity to lash into a swear-laced monologue against Koch.

"Yesterday, David Koch of the zillionaire Koch brothers died," the host said before pausing to stop the audience from applauding.

"...of prostate cancer," he continued. "I guess I’m going to have to re-evaluate my low opinion of prostate cancer," he said to laughter from the audience.

"He was 79, but his family says they wish he could live longer but at least he lived long enough to see the Amazon catch fire," he added. "Condolences poured in from the politicians he owned."

“F*ck him...I’m glad he’s dead, and I hope the end was painful," Maher remarked.

“I really want to put my money to work making the world a better place.” David H. Koch to the Wall Street Journal

$185 million Massachusetts Institute of Technology
$150 million Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
$100 million New York-Presbyterian Hospital(Another $28 million went to other needs for the hospital.)
$100 million New York State Theater at Lincoln Center
$66.7 million Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
$65 million The Metropolitan Museum of Art
$35 million Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
$26.5 million M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
$26.2 million The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York
$20 million American Museum of Natural History, New York
$20 million Johns Hopkins University
$10 million Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at the Mount Sinai Medical Center
Your point .. other than money absolves him from his actions as if he was some kind of a saint
Old 08-25-2019, 06:20 PM   #45
scottw

Quote:
Your point .. other than money absolves him from his actions as if he was some kind of a saint
did he kill someone?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #46
Sea Dangles

Quote:
What actions does he need to be absolved from?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

There are current world leaders at G7 with doctorates in quantum chemistry, quantum physics, economics, political science, & law.

The US president is a racist failed reality star who #^&#^&#^&#^&s porn stars & can't spell.

Be proud Trumplicans and deflect to what some comedian says
Old 08-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #48
Sea Dangles

Are you aware Trump graduated from the Wharton school of business? Not exactly UVM but I know they are teaching bright minds.( such as my oldest boy)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #49
scottw

back to the topic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68576171_3009476429094030_5354273563119452160_n.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	66439  
Old 08-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:
Are you aware Trump graduated from the Wharton school of business? Not exactly UVM but I know they are teaching bright minds.( such as my oldest boy)
he spells much better than his detractors here as well
Old 08-25-2019, 08:50 PM   #51
Sea Dangles

When you actually take time to look at the educational background of a lot of these leaders,you actually find out that a lot went to average schools and stumbled into politics. Many are like Trump where they come from affluent backgrounds and got great degrees and now have the urge to give back.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:17 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
There are current world leaders at G7 with doctorates in quantum chemistry, quantum physics, economics, political science, & law.

Only 25% of our Presidents have doctorates--none in quantum chemistry, quantum physic, economics, or political science. Seven, including those among the greatest, didn't go to college or university such as Washington, Lincoln, and Jackson.

The US president is a racist failed reality star who #^&#^&#^&#^&s porn stars & can't spell.

You keep saying he is a racist, but there is no real evidence that he is, and substantial evidence that he isn't.

Be proud Trumplicans and deflect to what some comedian says
Deflect from what, stupid stuff like this irrelevant and nasty post by you.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:49 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And claims he was top of his class, but the program from his graduation failed to list him as any cum laude and for some reason he had his lawyer threaten Penn if they revealed his grades.
Odd that he doesn’t want it known, must be his modesty showing.
But it seems to be part of his lifelong history of puffery, embellishments or what most people would call lies.
Then again one of his professors disagrees with Trump’s self assessment.
“Professor Kelley told me 100 times over three decades that “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” I remember his emphasis and inflection — it went like this — “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” Dr. Kelley told me this after Trump had become a celebrity but long before he was considered a political figure. Dr. Kelley often referred to Trump’s arrogance when he told of this — that Trump came to Wharton thinking he already knew everything. “

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-25-2019, 09:57 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Deflect from what, stupid stuff like this irrelevant and nasty post by you.
More lying than usual today. What a great way to wrap up send-her-back, Jay-Powell-is-Xi-Jinping, let’s-buy-Greenland, let’s-nuke-hurricanes, I-am-the-Chosen-One, I-am-the-King-of-Israel, Democrat-Jews-are-disloyal August. This is exhausting and qualifies for the 25th Amendment.
Keep claiming he’s a high functioning human.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
When you actually take time to look at the educational background of a lot of these leaders,you actually find out that a lot went to average schools and stumbled into politics. Many are like Trump where they come from affluent backgrounds and got great degrees and now have the urge to give back.
Only one president never served any major elective or appointive offices, or periods of military service prior to election to the presidency and “stumbled” into politics, Donald Trump.
Trump has never in his life had a position, where he was a direct report to anyone other than his parents. They sent him to military school, wonder why?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-25-2019, 10:45 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
More lying than usual today. What a great way to wrap up send-her-back, Jay-Powell-is-Xi-Jinping, let’s-buy-Greenland, let’s-nuke-hurricanes, I-am-the-Chosen-One, I-am-the-King-of-Israel, Democrat-Jews-are-disloyal August. This is exhausting and qualifies for the 25th Amendment.
Keep claiming he’s a high functioning human.
No, not lying. As I said, your post was irrelevant. The doctorate degrees of current world leaders at G7 have no relevance to the functioning of the U.S. President.

And your post, as I said, was stupid and nasty.

And where did I say that Trump is a "high functioning human"? Maybe he is. Probably he is. I never said that he is. Just on the basis of where he is in the hierarchy of our country and the world and where you are, it appears that he's more highly functioning than you.

Last edited by detbuch; 08-25-2019 at 11:15 PM..
Old 08-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
Only one president never served any major elective or appointive offices, or periods of military service prior to election to the presidency

this is irrelevant.

and “stumbled” into politics,

This is a lie. He intentionally got into politics.

Donald Trump.
Trump has never in his life had a position, where he was a direct report to anyone other than his parents.

This is not true (a lie). He reports to the American people almost on a daily basis. (Also irrelevant and a bit nasty).

They sent him to military school, wonder why?
That is crude innuendo, unbecoming of a nice person, but a definite mark of a nasty one.

And what is so important about what you wonder anyway? Is there some special doctorate degree you have, or did you in your life directly report to others in such a way that what you wonder is significant to any one but you?
Old 08-26-2019, 04:41 AM   #58
scottw

geeez....who are the racists???

Old 08-26-2019, 06:36 AM   #59
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Only one president never served any major elective or appointive offices, or periods of military service prior to election to the presidency and “stumbled” into politics, Donald Trump.
Trump has never in his life had a position, where he was a direct report to anyone other than his parents. They sent him to military school, wonder why?
He is one of a kind for sure,reaching for the stars and catching them. Putting aside his business dealings for us,the American people. There is simply nobody else who would dream of doing it. Let alone actually accomplishing the task.
Determination

As for reporting to somebody....I am guessing that happened while at military school. So there goes another of your foolish assumptions.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-26-2019, 07:11 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
That is crude innuendo, unbecoming of a nice person, but a definite mark of a nasty one.

Crude innuendo is one of the trademarks of Trump's rhetoric, why is it objectionable when the table is turned?

And what is so important about what you wonder anyway? Is there some special doctorate degree you have, or did you in your life directly report to others in such a way that what you wonder is significant to any one but you?
Apparently what I wonder is significant to you, hence your responses.

At some point in a discussion regarding a narcissistic psychopath you realize either:

A) everyone (and every institution) holding the psychopath accountable is crazy, immoral and dishonest.

OR

B) it’s the psychopath who is crazy, immoral and dishonest.

I choose B

Lets Go Darwin