Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 10-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #1
Renegade6
tapin' up the finger....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Nice job Anthony and Leah.

Maybe the dads have to spend less time fishing and more time watching their kids
I learn more from her than she ever does from me!
Renegade6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
SAUERKRAUT
surfwalker

I deliberately do not participate in this Derby; although, I still own a fishing shack over there, garage a beach buggy, and know a gate owner or two for some privileged access.

When the Derby records some daily Shore Striped Bass weights of 10-12 pounds (especially in the daily 3rd and 4th place slots), it is time for the Derby Committee to seriously consider making a conservation and mind set statement with rule changes regarding this pressured species.

For an example: Derby striped bass deserve Not to be killed in hopes of winning a "mystery prize". Daily striped bass slots should be limited to recognition and "prizes" for daily 1st and 2nd place slots only. Indeed, on some days, the 3rd and 4th place slots did not even fill. Better yet, parents should be showing by example, and teaching their kids that MV striper fishing has sunk to new lows.
SAUERKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
bobber

^^^

good thoughts. all the bass tournaments need to reconsider the catch 'n kill rules in their contests. its time to stop taking bass out of the ecosystem unnecessarily
bobber is offline   Reply With Quote