Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Obama Administration Cooking the Books on ISIS, Others?

This is likely one of the worst cases of altering intelligence to fit wishful thinking since LBJ in Vietnam (read Dereliction of Duty: McMasters)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...=ios#pq=P1yhE1

Quote:
More than 50 intelligence analysts working out of the U.S. military's Central Command have formally complained that their reports on ISIS and al Qaeda’s branch in Syria were being inappropriately altered by senior officials, The Daily Beast has learned.

The complaints spurred the Pentagon’s inspector general to open an investigation into the alleged manipulation of intelligence. The fact that so many people complained suggests there are deep-rooted, systemic problems in how the U.S. military command charged with the war against the self-proclaimed Islamic State assesses intelligence.

“The cancer was within the senior level of the intelligence command,” one defense official said.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #2
spence

I think you may have forgotten about the Office of Special Plans.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
ISIS is to Obama, what Katrina was to Bush. Inexcusable incompetence. In the case of Katrina, at least help eventually came. Obama continues to bury his head in the sand (either in a golf bunker or on the beaches of the Vineyard) when it comes to ISIS, he might as well just say publicly that he's leaving it for the next President to fix. Jimmy Carter 2.0, thinking that a strategy of appeasement will lead to peace.

ISIS turned out pretty formidable for a JV team, no?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
Fly Rod

U misinterpreted his drawing of a red line in the sand.......obama really ment that he would not cross it of which was secret interpretation to ISIS and to russia he would not cross it.....in other words ...do what U want in the middle east.....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 09-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You keep trying to blame others. You refuse to hold everyone to the same standards.

Yes, there was book cooking in the Bush admin, but that does not justify nor condone book cooking now.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
You keep trying to blame others. You refuse to hold everyone to the same standards.

Yes, there was book cooking in the Bush admin, but that does not justify nor condone book cooking now.
I never said it did. I simply pointed out that you missed a glaring incident that's a lot more recent than Vietnam, and both where the manipulation was intended to START war rather than "potentially" influence a more passive strategy.

I thought that I read the inspector position reviewing the complaint was created in 2011.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #7
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Didn't see the 2011 reference. Regardless we are being handled like mushrooms. Fed horse #^&#^&#^&#^& and kept in the dark. At times I feel like the less we know about some things the better off we are. But don't feed me lies, just say nothing.

While the Bush admin was partially wrong about WMD's I also feel as though husseins inability to allow UN investigators unmitigated access was also an act that required or justified invasion by a multinational force.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #8
JohnR

Of course, the Europeans and the Inspectors all thought Saddam had something too - not just what the Bush admin said at the time. Clinton's intelligence apparatus also said Saddam was doing this stuff and had WMD prior to the Bush Admin.

Some stuff had been found (and some is believed to have been transferred to Syria and may have been used in the ISIS/Pre-ISIS time)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/wo...pons.html?_r=0

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #9
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post

While the Bush admin was partially wrong about WMD's I also feel as though husseins inability to allow UN investigators unmitigated access was also an act that required or justified invasion by a multinational force.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Absolutely JB, all Hussein had to do was allow the UN inspection, he was given plenty of time right down to the wire. The man was nuts.

Just as crazy was telling our enemies when we were going to withdraw
and not have a well thought out plan not to leave equipment behind and hitting Isis, the JV team, as it crossed over the border into the civilian population.

Now we have this great Iran deal that will give us a few more years until they have the bomb plus have the Billion and 1/2 dollars now to feed the
Terrorists more money and arms.
Kicked down the road again, not for the good of America but for the self centered agendas and legacies, dividing America at the same time.

We are going to pay for this Big Time.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-10-2015, 05:55 PM   #10
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Absolutely JB, all Hussein had to do was allow the UN inspection, he was given plenty of time right down to the wire. The man was nuts.

Just as crazy was telling our enemies when we were going to withdraw
and not have a well thought out plan not to leave equipment behind and hitting Isis, the JV team, as it crossed over the border into the civilian population.

Now we have this great Iran deal that will give us a few more years until they have the bomb plus have the Billion and 1/2 dollars now to feed the
Terrorists more money and arms.
Kicked down the road again, not for the good of America but for the self centered agendas and legacies, dividing America at the same time.

We are going to pay for this Big Time.

100 Billion

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #11
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

John, thanks,that makes it 10 times worse..

BTW, 10 point game right now , if that means anything.

Last edited by justplugit; 09-10-2015 at 09:31 PM..

" Choose Life "