Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Tucker Carlson in the Covington kids

i don’t watch hardly any cable news anymore, but this guy gets it. the leftbis more than eager to unleash their mob at children, if it serves the narrative.

also the native american guy was stopped recently by security, trying to enter a catholic church during mass, where he planned to protest. so he has a history of anti catholic bigotry. andnhe was more than bonkers to suggest that the kids were harassing that black hate group.

we are in a dangerous place, and regardless of which party you align with, if you’re not sickened and horrified by what was done to these children, you just don’t get what adults are supposed to be about.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...icas-newsrooms
Old 01-23-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Short version there was 3-4 groups there, each doing something provocative to varying degrees. It ended with Chants and School buses, no arrests and nobody hurt. That's good these days, right? If Antifa had been there those kids would have been creamed. Because Antifa are the Good Nazis.

As for Phillips, he seems to be a habitual protester, seeking to be seen or heard by plan. He is also being hailed by the media and as the aggrieved "Vietnam Vet". Apparently he went AWOL three times in his Marine service as a Refrigerator Mechanic, 72-76, before being discharged as a private. Never having gone overseas. I don't know what a Ranger Recon is but I don't think it was a ReferMech.

In his defense he has said he is a Vietnam "Time" veteran, and I do not think he has said ever he was a Vietnam veteran. That is something the media has likely assumed and carried with.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Short version there was 3-4 groups there, each doing something provocative to varying degrees. It ended with Chants and School buses, no arrests and nobody hurt. That's good these days, right? If Antifa had been there those kids would have been creamed. Because Antifa are the Good Nazis.

As for Phillips, he seems to be a habitual protester, seeking to be seen or heard by plan. He is also being hailed by the media and as the aggrieved "Vietnam Vet". Apparently he went AWOL three times in his Marine service as a Refrigerator Mechanic, 72-76, before being discharged as a private. Never having gone overseas. I don't know what a Ranger Recon is but I don't think it was a ReferMech.

In his defense he has said he is a Vietnam "Time" veteran, and I do not think he has said ever he was a Vietnam veteran. That is something the media has likely assumed and carried with.
agreed, except the short version needs to include how willing the left was to sick the hounds on these kids. there are kooks out there on both sides, and we all know that, so the media has a responsibility to use their platforms responsibly. they aren’t. and it could
lead to tragedy.

how
many times does the
media recklessly jump the gun on stuff like this, before they get the facts first? lives get ruined from things like this.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
scottw

I don't know what we're all worried about...my new heartthrob, AOC just decided the world has 12 years to live...guess we can all just start partying like it's 2031
Old 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I don't know what we're all worried about...my new heartthrob, AOC just decided the world has 12 years to live...guess we can all just start partying like it's 2031
i don’t think she’s going to too many MENSA picnics.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t think she’s going to too many MENSA picnics.
I love her...she's fun

Last edited by scottw; 01-23-2019 at 11:03 AM..
Old 01-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
I'm not sure how beating a drum and singing a prayer is that provocative. I think the bigger risk was if the kids continued to get amped up and someone throws a water bottle or something at the Black Israelites and the place explodes. Watching the full video you can hear bystanders talking about a mob forming.

Quote:
Well, he's an activist so I would assume he's into protesting.

Quote:
I don't think most people delineate between a Vietnam Veteran and a Vietnam Combat Veteran. Technically speaking if you were active duty and discharged honorably you're a Vet if you were in country or not.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm not sure how beating a drum and singing a prayer is that provocative. I think the bigger risk was if the kids continued to get amped up and someone throws a water bottle or something at the Black Israelites and the place explodes. Watching the full video you can hear bystanders talking about a mob forming.

I don't think most people delineate between a Vietnam Veteran and a Vietnam Combat Veteran. Technically speaking if you were active duty and discharged honorably you're a Vet if you were in country or not.
"I'm not sure how beating a drum and singing a prayer is that provocative"

When you do it three inches away from the face of a child who is standing there doing absolutely nothing, it's provocative, and a major d*ckhead move. Furthermore, Phillips said the kids were the ones harassing the Black Israelites (not possible for a sane person to reach that conclusion).

"Well, he's an activist so I would assume he's into protesting"

Especially against Catholics, as it turns out. Maybe he's an anti Catholic bigot? He has no quarrel with bullying children. If he says the kids were bothering the black group, he's either crazy or a liar. Those are the choices.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...a-national-sh/
Old 01-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
I'm not sure how beating a drum and singing a prayer is that provocative.
Spence...if you got that close to my face yelling and banging a drum I promise you'd be looking up from the pavement wondering what hit you...and that would be your fault not mine
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Spence...if you got that close to my face yelling and banging a drum I promise you'd be looking up from the pavement wondering what hit you...and that would be your fault not mine
Good luck with that.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:53 PM   #11
PaulS

Wasn't there a movie a few years ago called girls fight?
Old 01-23-2019, 07:14 PM   #12
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
12 years? Dude we are already dead from Net Neutrality, remember?

Quote:

So you watched the video? Who was at fault? Who was the mob?

Most "activists" I've seen leave a lot to be desired.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
So you watched the video? Who was at fault? Who was the mob?

Most "activists" I've seen leave a lot to be desired.
I’ve watched everything including the full length video. I posted my analysis in the other thread.

The Black Isrealites have fault, the kids have fault and most importantly their school has fault. I don’t see how the native Americans have fault if anything they helped diffuse a situation.

Some rational perspective from clergy.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/opini...eck/index.html
Old 01-23-2019, 07:30 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Good luck with that.
when you aren't allowing your kid to jump around and chant his school song and have fun...also teach him this important life lesson...one of the best ways to not get punched in your face is to stay out of other people's faces...now I know your idol told the sheep to go out and get in peoples faces...but that was very bad advise
Old 01-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:

I don’t see how the native Americans have fault if anything they helped diffuse a situation.
you are hopeless
Old 01-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #16
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Good luck with that.
Do you have a durable face Jeff?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-23-2019, 08:00 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Spence, your Native American hero was stopped as he tried to disrupt a Catholic mass. God forbid he just let them worship in peace, nope, he has the right to bother everyone he feels inclined to bother, we all have to accommodate him, never the other way around.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Spence, your Native American hero was stopped as he tried to disrupt a Catholic mass. .
shhhh....he was diffusing
Old 01-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Do you have a durable face Jeff?
Well, back in the day I trained with Olympic level fighters. Spit a lot of blood but I could hold my own. My face survived so I guess it must be pretty durable.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:21 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
you are hopeless
He is.

Spence, you are willfully ignoring the facts, ignoring what actually happened, and ignoring empiricism, to advance what you desperately want to be true...that the white catholic boys from middle America, attending a pro life rally and wearing Trump hats, are bad.

The kid at the center of this, Sandmann, was standing there doing nothing. This whack job agitator who obviously hates Catholics, started howling and banging a drum, three inches from his face. The kid didn't move a muscle. He didn't move an inch. And he is culpable somehow? That idiot hen on NBC who interviewed him, said "it's aggressive, standing there".

So when Phillips got in his face, the kid was supposed to leave the spot he was in, because of his skin color and genatalia?

Just what MLK would have wanted. Right? No irony there!

You are hopeless, you are beyond any and all hope.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
He is.

Spence, you are willfully ignoring the facts
now we know he's sustained a lot of blows to the head from when he was a punching bag....have mercy
Old 01-23-2019, 08:24 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
now we know he's sustained a lot of blows to the head from when he was a punching bag....have mercy
And everything this Phillips guy said about the account, is proven to be a lie by the video...
Old 01-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Joy Behar got it exactly correct, did you hear what she said? She said liberals always jump the gun in these situations, and ignore evidence in favor of their stereotypes, because of how maniacally they hate Trump. She said it, and my god if she didn't get one right.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:50 PM   #24
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Well, back in the day I trained with Olympic level fighters. Spit a lot of blood but I could hold my own. My face survived so I guess it must be pretty durable.
I bet you have spit a lot of things. Good for you.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I bet you have spit a lot of things. Good for you.
Always on your mind isn’t it?
Old 01-24-2019, 07:30 AM   #26
wdmso

are you ok with what happened to these children? did they deserve this? bomb threats at the school, death threats to specific

This was posted by Jim and seem a better here it adds to the poor victims fake news the right is pushing

But the right conveniently forgets David Hogg the fake actor the kids were plants the whole shooting was afake he didn’t even go to the school ... All the hate and attacking were publicly displayed by conservative in radio hosts attacking him daily Sarah Sanders but now the children of Covington poor victim was Christians were attacked brutally by the fake media

Conservatives have the shortest memories when it comes to history and what they say or do

Last edited by wdmso; 01-24-2019 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #27
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
But the right conveniently forgets David Hogg the fake actor the kids were plants the whole shooting was a real no one one after that kid right
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This X10
Old 01-24-2019, 07:43 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This X10
so you are saying it's ok to attack these kids because Hogg?
Old 01-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
so you are saying it's ok to attack these kids because Hogg?
I'm guessing what both of them are saying is neither side is any better than the other.

Nobody looked good in the whole story.

If I was the kid, my parents would prob. paddle my behind for thinking I could stand in front of an adult like that. But I guess entitled kids now a days......

My Jesuit all boys high school would not have allowed MAGA hats either and would have moved us students away.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #30
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm guessing what both of them are saying is neither side is any better than the other.

Nobody looked good in the whole story.

If I was the kid, my parents would prob. paddle my behind for thinking I could stand in front of an adult like that. But I guess entitled kids now a days......

My Jesuit all boys high school would not have allowed MAGA hats either and would have moved us students away.
I thought whataboutisms were banned here

you would get paddled for standing in front of an adult?...that's pretty sad

if that was my kid I'd tell the old guy(adult) to get the hell out of his face