Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #31
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

In a switch, GOP's Michele Bachmann talks of empathy - latimes.com

POKE that dragon

lets go play some more golf, take another vacation, and eat steak rubbed with giraffe loins and picadilly plovers
Old 06-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #32
zimmy

I wouldn't even poke that dragon with... oh never mind

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #33
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

And so starts the liberal smearing campaign.

" Choose Life "
Old 06-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #34
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
CHANGE
"The President is creating an 11 member Government Oversight
and Accountability Board."

There goes the website deletion savings.

But imagine 11 new jobs created for and by the government.

" Choose Life "
Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #35
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Got to be 500k each a year

It's only money right?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #36
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

MORE CHANGE

Mrs. Obama’s South Africa Trip Cost Taxpayers Over $500,000 | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
Old 06-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #37
Raven

Question seems unprecedented

.....these solo first lady trips....
Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #38
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Obama pushing behind scenes to win over big-dollar donors - The Washington Post

I think I just puked on the dragon.

Stupid is as stupid does. I can't believe there are people on this planet that feel this jackass is worth a billion dollars.

I'm telling you they're going to do it on money alone. At any cost.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #39
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
.....these solo first lady trips....
Damn liberals sending their first ladies solo on the taxpayers nickel...

USATODAY.com - First lady begins her first solo trip overseas in Paris

oops....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #40
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

by KEITH KOFFLER on JUNE 29, 2011, 12:54 PM

The Obama campaign appears to be signaling that its fundraising totals for the second quarter of the year – the first since President Obama announced for reelection – will not be as robust as the campaign would like.

In an email to campaign supporters today, President Obama unmistakably sought to downplay money.

We’re closing the books on the first fundraising quarter of the 2012 race at midnight tomorrow.

A lot of folks will be interpreting our numbers as a measure of this campaign’s support.

They’re not wrong, but they are wrong about why.

We measure our success not in dollars but in people — in the number of everyday Americans who’ve chosen to give whatever they can afford because they know we’ve got more work to do.*

Campaign officials revealed during the last week that they have set a target of raising $$60 million for the quarter from at least 450,000 donors.

But even $$60 million would not seem to be a very ambitious goal for Obama. He raised the same amount during the second quarter of 2007, just after he announced his 2008 campaign.

The campaign is hoping to raise up to $$1 billion total for the 2012 election.

The email reiterates a call for donors to give at least $$5 in order to be automatically entered into a raffle for dinner with Obama and Vice President Biden.

GREAT way to start the day!
Nothing makes me happier LOL
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #41
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Half a million billion kajillion dollars and the best he can do is a friggin MAGNET

On Obama's visit, presidential seal blew off his limo on I-76; it later was recovered | Philadelphia Daily News | 07/02/2011
Old 07-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #42
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

And yes this limo was ordered and built to HIS HIGHNESS's SPECIFIC needs/specs. Not any other president...O'SAMA The main man #1
Old 07-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #43
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

David Spade -- You Can't Call Obama a D*ck! | TMZ.com
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #44
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

POKE

Obama On Fixing Unemployment: | RealClearPolitics

So where's he been all this time. Oh wait there's those 7 little wars going on.

Stand back! He's coming to save the daaaaaaaaaaay! He's ready to roll up his sleeves!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #45
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

PROOF that O'bama ruined this country

Rubio: Every Aspect Of Life In America Is Worse Since Obama Took Over | RealClearPolitics

"Every aspect of life in America today is worse than it was when [President Obama] took over. Unemployment higher. Interest rates. The only thing that has gone down in America over the last two years is the value of your home. This president has mismanaged this economy. He has been incompetent in his management of this economy," Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said on "Hannity."
Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #46
Raven

Cool

Obama = the great Miss manager (in more ways than one)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #47
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
PROOF that O'bama ruined this country

Rubio: Every Aspect Of Life In America Is Worse Since Obama Took Over | RealClearPolitics

"Every aspect of life in America today is worse than it was when [President Obama] took over. Unemployment higher. Interest rates. The only thing that has gone down in America over the last two years is the value of your home. This president has mismanaged this economy. He has been incompetent in his management of this economy," Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said on "Hannity."
Rubio has a bright future with the GOP.

That being said, I just checked one of my IRA's and from when Obama took office until now it's up 68% without any contributions on my part.

And this is after a blistering recession, high energy prices, a new health care burden on private business and uncertainty as to how government will regulate and tax wealth in the future.

68%!!!

I'd be willing to wager that Rubio's retirement portfolio looks much the same if not better.

Which would make him a liar, or perhaps just a dope. Perhaps he doesn't have that bright a future with the GOP.

-spence
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

That being said, I just checked one of my IRA's and from when Obama took office until now it's up 68% without any contributions on my part.

68%!!!

-spence

whose the dope?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

whose the dope?
Did you have a point?

-spence
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #50
Karl F

we was warned

Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #51
Karl F

Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #52
saltfly

Quote:
Did you have a point?

-spence
68%?????? from what?? Bernie Madoff didn't even get that.How about letting the rest of us get on that one.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltfly View Post
68%?????? from what?? Bernie Madoff didn't even get that.How about letting the rest of us get on that one.
I'm obviously talking about the value of the IRA that was pummeled during the end of Bush's presidency and now is back so somewhat normal.

And I was looking at the wrong chart, IRA only was 51%, and I'm glad it's back.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #54
scottw

obviously
Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl F View Post
we was warned

What FDR warned against is today's Social Security system. He envisioned a pre-funded "insurance" system of compulsory contributions into a social insurance annuity for WORKERS to be used as a supplement to their own privately invested retirement plans. What developed in the 1940's was a shift, against his will, to a pay-as-you-go system that also progressively expanded to cover all sorts of beneficiaries other than contributing "workers." It is now just another compulsory regressive payroll tax that goes into the general fund and helps to pay all the Federal Government obligations.

It was known as far back as 1935, before the Social Security Act was passed, in the January 1935 report of the committee on economic security that "with an increasing number and even more rapidly increasing percentage of the aged, the cost of supporting old persons will be a heavy load on future generations . . ." and this was before modern medecine increased life span and before so many other then retirees were added to the S.S. rolls.

Arthur Altmeyer said in 1944 " it is a mathematical certainty that the longer the present day pay-roll tax rate remains in effect, the higher the future pay-roll tax must be . . . will eventually necessitate raising the employees contribution rate later to a point where future beneficiaries will be obliged to pay more for their benefits than if they obtained this insurance from a private insurance company." And also "retaining the present rate creates a moral obligation on the part of Congess to provide a government subsidy . . . to avoid levying inequitably high pay-roll tax rates . .. . this is recognized in the Murray ammendment . . . to the Social Security Act . . . [in wich] there is . . . to be appropriated to the trust fund . . . sums as may be required to finance the benefits . . ." Altmeyer was a student of one of the founders of the Wisconsin model of social insurance which was the model for FDR's plan.

So FDR might have been warning about Republicans of his time, but not todays Republicans who want a partial or complete reform of Social Security that would privatize it to resemble more closely his vision than the system that exists.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:
Did you have a point?

-spence
absolutely... your best, most recent effort to defend your earthly master, and in this case, discount the comments by Rubio was to grossly overstate the gains of "one " of your IRA's...I'll give you credit for a speedy correction after being called on it as Obama's revision of phony econmic numbers usually appear a week or two or more after he has misused the data, your elation over gains that can be mainly credited to the works of Bernanke Maidoff and the Toothfairy remind me a little of Soros proclaiming during the depth of the recession that he'd "had a very good year"...gloating over unsubstantiable and now "revised" claims and assailing Rubio in doing so is that your ONLY example that things might be better...Spence's IRA? .......cause I don't think it's gonna move too many people....
Old 07-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #57
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

No one laughed.

Your term has been the biggest joke yet

Obama Makes Joke About Confirmation Process And No One Laughs | RealClearPolitics
Old 07-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #58
UserRemoved
GrayBeards

"IMPEACH BARRY NOW!!.. THIS IMPOSTER HAS DESTROYED OUR COUNTRY AND WAY OF LIFE!!.. WE CAN'T EVEN AFFORD GAS OR GROCERIES WHILE HIM AND HIS WIFE LIVE LIKE ROYALTY!!.. 2012 CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!!."

Comment was on a article about Barry and his financial mess
Old 07-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #59
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
absolutely... your best, most recent effort to defend your earthly master, and in this case, discount the comments by Rubio was to grossly overstate the gains of "one " of your IRA's...I'll give you credit for a speedy correction after being called on it as Obama's revision of phony econmic numbers usually appear a week or two or more after he has misused the data, your elation over gains that can be mainly credited to the works of Bernanke Maidoff and the Toothfairy remind me a little of Soros proclaiming during the depth of the recession that he'd "had a very good year"...gloating over unsubstantiable and now "revised" claims and assailing Rubio in doing so is that your ONLY example that things might be better...Spence's IRA? .......cause I don't think it's gonna move too many people....
It was one measure, one BIG measure that impacts every American and benefits tens of millions of Americans significantly.

Please put at least a little effort in it.

-spence
Old 07-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #60
Duke41
got gas?

IMHO.

The problem is not who is president or running the House. It is jobs. Every reccession that we have ever had has been lifted up by an uptick in manufacturing, followed by a increase in housing demand. Since we have sent millions of jobs overseas to China and India and whereever the hell else they wen,t there are very little of what I call general labor jobs out there. These are the jobs for the high school grad or drop-out that paid well and got them into the housing mkt. So no jobs for them, no demand for real estate, no demand for all the other serives. This is the first time I remember a reverse trickle down theory. The problem is trickling up.

I work and live in the Attleboros, when I moved here from Texas on 1995 the were 10"s of thousands of blue collar folks making a living in the metal and jewelry business over the last 15 years those jobs have left, Balfour gone, TI gone, Hasbro gone. Downtown is a wasteland and the unemployment rates are in the double digits. Wealth in the US is becomming concentrated at the very top levels.

The world had become a mkt village. As a manufacturer you can build in China and ship to the best mkt, then have the cash delivered to the country with the losest corporate tax rate. The only role that US has is banking and research and China is starting to challange us on the research end of things.

I am pretty sure we are screwed at this point regardless of what happens. We did it to ourselves, kept reelecting vote for sale government leaders. Lobbyists running the show in DC. I don't have an answer, but I really don't belive in the government or the US anymore.