Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Rod Building

Rod Building So, you've landed a nice fish on a plug you made, eh? Now, the next step, building your own RODS!

Old 03-25-2003, 05:33 PM   #1
Fishaddict
Hi..I'm Bob and I have an addiction

Mr. Gas Passer???

Chris, how did that rod come out that you were wrapping with Gudebrods new HOLO thread????

Saw some at Mikes last weekend, wanted to hear how you liked it.
Thanks
Bob
Fishaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:28 PM   #2
PNG

Bob,
Im not overly excited about it. I used the blue and silver. I like the silver at least it has a holo look as I assume the gold would. The blue looked just that blue, nothing special. I was however treated to the "Gudebrod thread Clump" in the middle of an underwrap. I checked the spool to see if it said R&D on it, it didnt.
It may have its place but its not with me, sorry to say. Cant wait to try out the Superior thread, seems like quality stuff.
I just made myself a rod using Holland thread from yesteryear. I like it. Wish it was still around
Chris
PNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
Billy 40

Chris - what Holo thread from Gudebrod did you use? Do they have that single, flat thread, or is it a band/weave like HT braid?

What's the deal with not finding any Holland thread? How much do they cost when you are able to find them? What colors do you like?
Billy 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 08:04 PM   #4
Fishaddict
Hi..I'm Bob and I have an addiction

Thanks for the user report Chris. Guess I'll use the silver if I want that "Holo look", but stay away from the colored stuff.
I picked up a spool of Superior's Glitter thread. I'ts very similar to the Prizm Holo thread. Seems to be much stronger though. And it definitely has a holographic look to it...
Will let you know how I like it...
Fishaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 09:15 AM   #5
PNG

Billy,
The holo thread is just like all metallics, band/weave I guess.
Holland thread is long gone you may find a little here & there. The thread I have came from friends and is mostly an NCP type. I like it cause they had much better quality colors than what is being put out today. I'm a little more traditional in my likes of thread although always looking for something new and a better way to get it done.
Chris
PNG is offline   Reply With Quote