Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
Guppy
User

Just another day

So, yesterday I spend most the day prepping for this years annual trip to fish gansett bay, psyched even though the mate ( who name is on the most wanted list) couldn't make it.. :-)
Bearings, tire pressure , plugs, rods, bait, blah blah blah... Trailer hitched ready to go...

Heads out the door trying for a 4:15 launch at the Ritz. On the road I notice truck laboring like crazy, just about made it over the bridge, kept on truck ing Gets to the ramp, backs down a little to ready her, turns the battery switch on, bilge pump starts up and the freaken thing runs for evah,,, the reason the truck was laboring was because the dummy operator didn't realize it rained all night and didn't drain the bilge b 4 hitting the road.... Ok, not the end of the world....

Backs her down, jumps in, fired up the OB , WTF, she's running rough... Figured I'd try it anyway, parks the rig, heads out into the bay and can't get up on plain.... Sounds and feels like a plug wire off, could it be the dummy screwed this up also, didn't push a plug wire on good enough, ya, that's probably it!

Puts the boat back on the trailer hoping to salvage the trip, there's a plastic shroud covering the plug wires that's held on by 5 ballzy screws, o boy, the dummy took the tool box out of the truck the other day and didn't put it back..

Ok, how hard can it be to find a Phillips screw driver at 5:00 am in Portsmouth,,,
It's freaken impossible ! By the time I drove almost all the way to Newport I gave up and headed home. Gets there pulls the cover, sure as hell, the dummy missed a plug wire..

Screw it! Grabs a cup of coffee, heads for a north side ramp and launches into a steady 10 Kt + wind out of the north ,ONLY 6 or 7 hrs after getting out of bed 15 minutes from home!
Loads up on macs, smashes my way 6 or 7 miles to the ENE, sets out a mac, Sa mash!
Nothing but birds and top water action for two hours,,, not big stuff but fun stuff. Now the dummy's not feeling so dumb... :-)

Then the dummy heads home on flat water, she laid right down and I hardly noticed I was so buzzy catching...

Just another day full of a long string of senior moments.... LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote