Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
and they did
And you make yet another false statement. And repeat the seven others. You're on a roll.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:46 PM   #32
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1192487]I know where I stand. You are the one who said you can't respect anyone who got rich off foreign money. So for the second time, please tell me who you voted for in the 2016 election? Because if you voted for Hilary, it appears you are quite comfortable supporting someone who took tons of foreign money. Again spreding a false narrtive shocking

"you keep bringing up durhams credibility.. whos questioned it ""

You did, you said no one involved in the administration has any credibility. You can't remember what you posted yesterday? I think you misinformed I have made not such qoute and not in this thread [/QUOTE]

Old 05-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You have made many, many, false statements about Trump in the past 3 years. I used to routinely tell you that you were a lot like your version of him when it came to telling lies. There were post after post in which I pointed out you were wrong and you never proved me wrong, as well as point after point in various lists of lies you claimed Trump said, in which I pointed out you were wrong, or they weren't really lies, but which you presented as fact, and you never were able to rebut me.

There are so many of these that they melt together in an indistinguishable past so can't be specifically remembered. A few recent ones that come to mind:

Trump owes China 200 million dollars.

Posted a video which claimed Trump sent to China a massive load of our supplies we needed to fight the coronavirus.

Trump said Nazis are fine people.

Trump has done little positive for America.

Trump mocked a disabled person.

Trump is incapable of leading.

He is solely responsible for the death of the most Americans in history.

Our intelligence community warned Trump early about the danger of the virus, but this media narrative was denied by the intel director.
Quote:
and they did
Quote:
And you make yet another false statement. And repeat the seven others. You're on a roll.
Ahh you repeat the lies again, you would make Alinsky proud

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 07:53 PM   #34
detbuch

Old 05-04-2020, 09:35 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
Trump owes China 200 million dollars. He does

You claimed he owed the Bank of China 200 million dollars that he borrowed from it to pay for his share in a building. Bank of China says it sold that debt so it isn't owed the money by Trump.

Posted a video which claimed Trump sent to China a massive load of our supplies we needed to fight the coronavirus. He did

The supplies were not owned by the U.S. government but were a charity by private enterprise specifically meant for the suffering in Wuhan, China, not for use in the U.S. The only reason they were sent on a government mission was that we were sending aircraft to China to pick up Americans to return them home. The plane was empty on the way there so it saved the charity the expense of sending while not costing the taxpayers any more than if it went empty. The implication of the story is that Trump was sending our precious supplies to an enemy and you claimed it was therefor a day of infamy or something like that. It was nothing like you painted it to be. Pretty much the opposite.

Trump said Nazis are fine people. He did

This has thoroughly been debunked on this forum several times. A few sentences later in the very same press briefing that he was supposed to have said it, Trump specifically said he wasn't referring to the Nazis or white supremacists. He explained who he was referring to. Nor would it have made any sense to say there were good people on both sides unless you're claiming that he was also saying there were good Antifa. And he had and has specifically denounced the white supremacists, Nazis, and their ilk several times. And he has a Jewish (convert) daughter and grandchildren. And has been more pro-israel than most recent Presidents. And, for sure, he never said the exact words of Nazis being very fine people. But you gotta hang on to the false statement that he did.

Trump has done little positive for America. He has done little positive

He has made a significant change in our trade relations which is to our benefit. He has prevented, at least temporarily, the SCOTUS from becoming a guaranteed tool for eliminating the Constitution. He has reshown us the already known but Progressively discarded way to expand wealth creation in our country. He has greatly bolstered our military in a precarious time of competition with China and Russia. He has instilled confidence in weak Republicans who feared the Press. He has strengthened the funding for NATO. He has brought to the surface the quiet rather hidden problem of China and our complicity in its rise at our expense and the need to bring back the important, necessary manufacturing and research to America that has drifted to the rest of the world and especially to china. He has clarified the division between the international globalist corporatists and the economic needs of average Americans (of all races).

Trump mocked a disabled person. He did

No, he has used the same gestures other times when he wasn't speaking about people who were not disabled.
And he has personally donated as well as fund raising millions to charities for the disabled.

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-...rs-disability/

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...abled-reporter

https://townhall.com/columnists/annc...orter-n2212715

Trump is incapable of leading. He is

He has led many efforts. Construction projects. Fund raising for charities. Election campaigns. Coronavirus task force.

He is solely responsible for the death of the most Americans in history. He is

I don't know which deaths he is SOLELY responsible for. If you're referring to the COVID-19, to say that he is "solely" responsible is ridiculous, or even to say that he is directly responsible is personal opinion. The first thing that comes to my mind of someone, especially a President, who even comes close to being solely responsible for the most American deaths is Abraham Lincoln. the Civil War resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths.

And that war rested pretty much on his shoulders.

Our intelligence community warned Trump early about the danger of the virus, but this media narrative was denied by the intel director.
and they did
Someone who would actually know what was in the intel would be the director who said that the media narrative you depend on was not true.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-04-2020 at 09:40 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 08:31 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

They could let people testify before Congress.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Since about February 20, when the stock market began its plunge, the world has understood that the coronavirus outbreak was more than a regional concern. By all accounts, Donald Trump knew this truth at least three weeks before that.

Throughout this crisis, the president’s advisors seem to have been consistent in telling him the facts as well as which strategies could lead the nation out of catastrophe. They also seem to have conveyed to him what the future would look like if he continued to lie to the public, undermine efforts at containment and mitigation, and fail to build a testing, tracing, and isolation apparatus.

In response, the president made inconsistent and often contradictory alterations to his rhetoric while continuing to abdicate his responsibility to carry out the federal government’s most important task: assembling a testing regime adequate to the challenge of the pandemic.

On Monday, a CDC/FEMA model surfaced which predicted that over the next eight weeks the daily death totals would increase by roughly 50 percent from where they stand today. This at a moment when America should be moving down the back slope of this terrible curve.

Something is wrong with this picture.

By the end of February, anyone who knew anything about public health knew that testing on an increasing scale was our best hope to identify, isolate, trace, and treat patients. South Korea, where the first case appears to have arrived at around the same time as in the United States, also saw a massive outbreak (peaking at 851 daily cases on March 3), but successfully contained it through a diligent combination of testing, tracing, isolation, and consistent public health communications that—while scary at times—saved the lives of tens of thousands of citizens.

Pursuing a similar containment strategy in the United States was a reasonable and achievable goal. On March 10, when there were 994 total confirmed cases in America and 30 deaths, my colleagues and I wrote:

We can learn from South Korea’s approach of widespread testing in coordination with federal and state authorities, education of the public, and transparency with regular briefs.

That is, if we choose to.

Each day the window of opportunity to get in front of this epidemic narrows. Now is when our nation’s leadership matters most.

It is eight weeks since that was written and the window to get in front of the outbreak has indeed closed. Today, there are 1.2 million confirmed cases and over 69,000 confirmed deaths.

Worse, President Trump still has not enunciated a clear strategy for mitigating further case growth and deaths on a wider scale.

His messaging remains inconsistent and often driven more by what he sees on cable TV than what his own experts are advising.

He has prompted partisan rebellion in our nation in an effort to shore up his electoral base, which has led some governors who belong to his political party—and who might have favored a cautious approach—to move more swiftly in opening up their states’ economies so as not to incur the wrath of the president.

Whether or not the new CDC model winds up being a good predictor, we know that the relaxation of social distancing/lockdown measures will result in greater spread of the coronavirus.

We know that—short of a vaccine or other therapeutic intervention—this will result in an escalation of cases and deaths.

We also know that reliable strategies would have helped mitigate this situation. And that they can still lessen the damage. Edward Kaplan and I have spelled out one such strategy here. https://jamanetwork.com/channels/hea...rticle/2765693 Others abound.

But all of these strategies rely on testing at a scale that is achievable—but requires coordination of effort and leadership from the top of the federal government.

This leadership has been missing from the start of the crisis. If a president has faced a moment such as this and been unable to create effective leadership after 12 weeks of death and economic destruction, then it is unlikely he is capable of it.

At this point, the single most effective action President Trump could do to to save lives and put our country back on a footing toward health and economic prosperity is to resign.

The only explanation for why we are where we are is gross incompetence in the carrying out of the most basic executive functions of the presidency.

In the normal course of events, such incompetence can be endured until an election provides a remedy for the nation. But this is not an ordinary time.

For the good of the country, President Trump should step aside and give Vice President Pence the chance to do the jobs that he is incapable of performing.

Howard Forman
Dr. Howard Forman (@thehowie) is a professor of Public Health (Health Policy), Management, Economics, and Radiology at Yale.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Since about February 20, when the stock market began its plunge, the world has understood that the coronavirus outbreak was more than a regional concern. By all accounts, Donald Trump knew this truth at least three weeks before that.

Throughout this crisis, the president’s advisors seem to have been consistent in telling him the facts as well as which strategies could lead the nation out of catastrophe. They also seem to have conveyed to him what the future would look like if he continued to lie to the public, undermine efforts at containment and mitigation, and fail to build a testing, tracing, and isolation apparatus.

In response, the president made inconsistent and often contradictory alterations to his rhetoric while continuing to abdicate his responsibility to carry out the federal government’s most important task: assembling a testing regime adequate to the challenge of the pandemic.

On Monday, a CDC/FEMA model surfaced which predicted that over the next eight weeks the daily death totals would increase by roughly 50 percent from where they stand today. This at a moment when America should be moving down the back slope of this terrible curve.

Something is wrong with this picture.

By the end of February, anyone who knew anything about public health knew that testing on an increasing scale was our best hope to identify, isolate, trace, and treat patients. South Korea, where the first case appears to have arrived at around the same time as in the United States, also saw a massive outbreak (peaking at 851 daily cases on March 3), but successfully contained it through a diligent combination of testing, tracing, isolation, and consistent public health communications that—while scary at times—saved the lives of tens of thousands of citizens.

Pursuing a similar containment strategy in the United States was a reasonable and achievable goal. On March 10, when there were 994 total confirmed cases in America and 30 deaths, my colleagues and I wrote:

We can learn from South Korea’s approach of widespread testing in coordination with federal and state authorities, education of the public, and transparency with regular briefs.

That is, if we choose to.

Each day the window of opportunity to get in front of this epidemic narrows. Now is when our nation’s leadership matters most.

It is eight weeks since that was written and the window to get in front of the outbreak has indeed closed. Today, there are 1.2 million confirmed cases and over 69,000 confirmed deaths.

Worse, President Trump still has not enunciated a clear strategy for mitigating further case growth and deaths on a wider scale.

His messaging remains inconsistent and often driven more by what he sees on cable TV than what his own experts are advising.

He has prompted partisan rebellion in our nation in an effort to shore up his electoral base, which has led some governors who belong to his political party—and who might have favored a cautious approach—to move more swiftly in opening up their states’ economies so as not to incur the wrath of the president.

Whether or not the new CDC model winds up being a good predictor, we know that the relaxation of social distancing/lockdown measures will result in greater spread of the coronavirus.

We know that—short of a vaccine or other therapeutic intervention—this will result in an escalation of cases and deaths.

We also know that reliable strategies would have helped mitigate this situation. And that they can still lessen the damage. Edward Kaplan and I have spelled out one such strategy here. https://jamanetwork.com/channels/hea...rticle/2765693 Others abound.

But all of these strategies rely on testing at a scale that is achievable—but requires coordination of effort and leadership from the top of the federal government.

This leadership has been missing from the start of the crisis. If a president has faced a moment such as this and been unable to create effective leadership after 12 weeks of death and economic destruction, then it is unlikely he is capable of it.

At this point, the single most effective action President Trump could do to to save lives and put our country back on a footing toward health and economic prosperity is to resign.

The only explanation for why we are where we are is gross incompetence in the carrying out of the most basic executive functions of the presidency.

In the normal course of events, such incompetence can be endured until an election provides a remedy for the nation. But this is not an ordinary time.

For the good of the country, President Trump should step aside and give Vice President Pence the chance to do the jobs that he is incapable of performing.

Howard Forman
Dr. Howard Forman (@thehowie) is a professor of Public Health (Health Policy), Management, Economics, and Radiology at Yale.
So, were you lying when you made false statements?
Old 05-05-2020, 08:21 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
So, were you lying when you made false statements?
Apparently you have yet to read Bright’s whistleblower complaint
Trump*s swamp is getting exposed
Just how much were the Trump* gang making off the scam cures they were pushing?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Apparently you have yet to read Bright’s whistleblower complaint
Trump*s swamp is getting exposed
Just how much were the Trump* gang making off the scam cures they were pushing?
So, were you lying when you made false statements.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:19 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re apparently a third rate reporter