Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
detbuch

What the Flynn case can tell us about the FBI and our justice system.

Yeah, it's a Stefan Molyneux video, but he says very little. It's a legal scalpel disection by Robert Barnes of how Flynn was "entrapped" into admitting guilt when he was not guilty. But the real enlightenment is the how, who, and why such things are done, with lots of historical legal information and why it is important that it is exposed and that the bad actors are brought to justice.

Aside, wdmso please do not watch or comment on the video. Also, please, to those who don't watch the video, or don't want to discuss the content but simply want to attack Mr. Barnes, Please just don't comment. For those who are interested, watch, enjoy, and learn.

It is 54 minutes but is so interesting that the time kind of flies.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:54 AM   #2
Jim in CT

This is really something if reports are true. A note from the assistant director before the first interview with Flynn, where he asks his peers "what's the goal here - truth/admission or getting him to lie so he can be prosecuted or fired"?

If the FBI can decide ahead of time that they're going to "get" the national security advisor who served honorably in war, what can they do to a regular guy?

It would appear as if they decided ahead of time that he was guilty.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
wdmso

whats to watch? General Flynn pled Guilty in a court of Law why are you not addressing that Fact...

Last edited by wdmso; 05-01-2020 at 01:48 PM..
Old 05-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
This is really something if reports are true. A note from the assistant director before the first interview with Flynn, where he asks his peers "what's the goal here - truth/admission or getting him to lie so he can be prosecuted or fired"?

If the FBI can decide ahead of time that they're going to "get" the national security advisor who served honorably in war, what can they do to a regular guy?

It would appear as if they decided ahead of time that he was guilty.
Jim everyone in this country is considered guilty or they would never end up in court ....

innocent until proven guilty is a catch phrase in America

Ask OJ to some he still is guilty
Old 05-01-2020, 03:14 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
whats to watch? General Flynn pled Guilty in a court of Law why are you not addressing that Fact...
The video does address that fact.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:20 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
what if ( and this is a big if still) he was set up at the outset, and they threatened to prosecute his son if he didn’t take a deal?

did you see the content of the note written by the assistant director? “get him to lie”....not see if he lied in the past under oath, but “get him” to lie, so that he can be prosecuted or fired?

shocker that your instinct is to stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and take the anti trump position, without knowing what happened.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-02-2020, 06:33 AM   #7
scottw

it's almost exactly like OJ
Old 05-02-2020, 07:25 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
what if ( and this is a big if still) he was set up at the outset, and they threatened to prosecute his son if he didn’t take a deal?

did you see the content of the note written by the assistant director? “get him to lie”....not see if he lied in the past under oath, but “get him” to lie, so that he can be prosecuted or fired?

shocker that your instinct is to stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and take the anti trump position, without knowing what happened.

Instinct hell it's common sense ..

Get him to lie ? jim I or the FBI can not make you lie .. you lied or you did not lie

I'd did not have sexual relations with that women... a lie

And threats to prosecution his Son .. I guess he may have done something that he could be charged for.. you don't think this tactic isnt used across law enforcement

You Trump people have your fingers in Trumps hole since this all started , that nothing happened with the Russian or in Ukraine. That's it's all been a deep state plot ,, you all even think the judge is in on it ...

What I love about this is you and others willingness to rationalize and minimize what Flynn was doing . But you response to an email server is 180 degrees in the other direction with your response ... to that... with similar a complaint. The deep state FBI didn't investigate it was a crime the conspiracy it was taken to Ukraine so on and so forth... yelling lock her up...

Your side has no credibility they make their outlandish suggestions and theories
Conducted investigation.. and still the best th they come up with is more of the same... Bengiza , Clinton's emails , Bidens son , flynn. Hydroxychloroquine, Still pushing the china created the virus didn't pan out let's go with the lab escape thing

.. it's a clear pattern for Republicans they huff and the puff and never blow anything down...
Old 05-02-2020, 07:41 AM   #9
Sea Dangles

Trump 2020
Old 05-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Instinct hell it's common sense ..

Get him to lie ? jim I or the FBI can not make you lie .. you lied or you did not lie

I'd did not have sexual relations with that women... a lie

And threats to prosecution his Son .. I guess he may have done something that he could be charged for.. you don't think this tactic isnt used across law enforcement

You Trump people have your fingers in Trumps hole since this all started , that nothing happened with the Russian or in Ukraine. That's it's all been a deep state plot ,, you all even think the judge is in on it ...

What I love about this is you and others willingness to rationalize and minimize what Flynn was doing . But you response to an email server is 180 degrees in the other direction with your response ... to that... with similar a complaint. The deep state FBI didn't investigate it was a crime the conspiracy it was taken to Ukraine so on and so forth... yelling lock her up...

Your side has no credibility they make their outlandish suggestions and theories
Conducted investigation.. and still the best th they come up with is more of the same... Bengiza , Clinton's emails , Bidens son , flynn. Hydroxychloroquine, Still pushing the china created the virus didn't pan out let's go with the lab escape thing

.. it's a clear pattern for Republicans they huff and the puff and never blow anything down...
"the FBI can not make you lie "

true. But (and being in law enforcement I'd have thought you could at least get this one topic correct, but nope), the police cant create a situation to entice you to commit a crime that you wouldn't have otherwise committed. That's called entrapment, and it's not allowed, and for good reason.

"the goal" of an investigative body, is supposed to be to impartially investigate what happened. not to "get" someone prosecuted or fired.

"Your side has no credibility "

US Attorney John Durham, who cleaned up the Boston Justice Department when Whitey Bulger had everyone under his thumb, has "no credibility"? We'll see.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Still pushing the china created the virus didn't pan out let's go with the lab escape thing

"Still pushing the china created the virus didn't pan out let's go with the lab escape thing"

So in your opinion, China was forthcoming to the world with needed details of the virus?

"Republicans they huff and the puff and never blow anything down"

Tell that to the "Hilary For President" campaign.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
"the FBI can not make you lie "

true. But (and being in law enforcement I'd have thought you could at least get this one topic correct, but nope),

"the goal" of an investigative body, is supposed to be to impartially investigate what happened. not to "get" someone prosecuted or fired.

"Your side has no credibility "

US Attorney John Durham, who cleaned up the Boston Justice Department when Whitey Bulger had everyone under his thumb, has "no credibility"? We'll see.
the police cant create a situation to entice you to commit a crime that you wouldn't have otherwise committed. That's called entrapment, and it's not allowed, and for good reason.

Yrs that's true ..but that didn't happen here. Did it

the notes show that FBI agents offered him every opportunity to come clean, even reminding him of a possible contact with Russians regarding the United Nations. The interview record “shows Flynn’s lies were direct and knowing,”

“There was nothing sneaky or circuitous about the agents' questioning. They served it up to him directly, and he responded with direct lies.”

You huffed you puffed and as usual you failed to once again to provide any supporting evidence talked about no credibility. Defending Liars whether its Trump or Flynn it's amazing the lengths you'll go to defend this administration.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:01 PM   #13
wdmso

Jim for you and all the deep state believers ...

l read this about the flynn case .. and makes the point you got served a nothing burger

Nothing that has come out suggests the facts that he admitted to in the context of his plea are untrue or that his plea was coerced in any way. Nothing that was done to Flynn by the FBI isn’t done to criminal suspects all over the country.

·

If you’re outraged by the FBI’s tactics with Flynn, keep in mind that they do these things every day against drug dealers, gang members, and terrorists. Except those people are black, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern—not “lock ‘er up” lily white.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #14
Jim in CT

wayne, does is attorney john durham,,who cleaned up the boston fbi office when whitey budget ran things ( an an incompetent Boston US attorney named Robert Mueller couldn’t stop it) have any credibility, yes or no? that report is coming out, and you can bet it’s coming out before the election. i’m happily willing to live with whatever he concludes. if he says there’s nothing there, i’ll never speak of it again.

Flynn isn’t a drug dealer. He’s a patriot. his crime may have been being close to trump. we know the fanaticism with which the fbi hated trump.

Old 05-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, does is attorney john durham,,who cleaned up the boston fbi office when whitey budget ran things ( an an incompetent Boston US attorney named Robert Mueller couldn’t stop it) have any credibility, yes or no? that report is coming out, and you can bet it’s coming out before the election. i’m happily willing to live with whatever he concludes. if he says there’s nothing there, i’ll never speak of it again.

Flynn isn’t a drug dealer. He’s a patriot. his crime may have been being close to trump. we know the fanaticism with which the fbi hated trump.

Wow Flynn is no drug dealer a crime is a crime Jim

Why is Flynn a patriot cuz he served his country. a lame excuse and a slap in the face to veterans who haven't committed crime no less attempt to fill his pockets with foreign countrys money. ..Patriotism does not shield you from the law unless your a Trump fan and and are a deep state believer...

Again your foaming at the mouth over this Durham report , funny your willingness to discount all previous investigations that have looked into the same stuff Durham is looking into .. because Republicans are like a alcoholic doing the same things (aka repeating investigation) Expecting different results
Old 05-04-2020, 08:30 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why is Flynn a patriot cuz he served his country. and a slap in the face to veterans who haven't committed crime no less attempt to fill his pockets with foreign countrys money. ..
So you are opposed to anyone who gets rich from foreign money, eh? So can we all assume, then, that you didn't vote for Hilary Clinton, who took bazillions from foreign countries? Or, like most liberals, are your principles shall we say "flexible", depending on which political party the individual is affiliated with?
Old 05-04-2020, 09:00 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again your foaming at the mouth over this Durham report , funny your willingness to discount all previous investigations that have looked into the same stuff Durham is looking into .. because Republicans are like a alcoholic doing the same things (aka repeating investigation) Expecting different results
I'm not foaming at the mouth over anything. Here, let me remind you what happened...

YOU said that no one involved in looking into these things, has any credibility. I asked you if John Durham, who did an amazing job rooting out corruption in Boston (corruption that Robert Mueller couldn't deal with, yet somehow he kept getting promoted). So I asked if Durham has no credibility in your view.

I've asked that question twice, and twice you chose not to answer.

"all previous investigations that have looked into the same stuff Durham is looking into "

Who looked into the origins of the Russia investigation, before Durham did?
Old 05-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

The Court agrees with the government that those documents are ‘consistent and clear that [Mr. Flynn] made multiple false statements to the [FBI] agents about his communications with the Russian Ambassador on January 24, 2017.’”
Old 05-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Durham has been investigating 10 months of an investigation for 11 months.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The Court agrees with the government that those documents are ‘consistent and clear that [Mr. Flynn] made multiple false statements to the [FBI] agents about his communications with the Russian Ambassador on January 24, 2017.’”
You've made multiple false statements on this forum. Were you lying.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:01 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Ya mean like this guy?

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump· 1h
Interesting? By Congress not wanting the special 5 minute testing apparatus, they are saying that they are not “essential”. In any event, we have great testing capacity, and have performed 6.5 million tests, which is more than every country in the world, combined!

This is a lie—and it isn’t close.

US: 7.2 million tests

Russia + Germany + Italy: 9 million tests

Rest of world combined: 31.5 million tests

On a per capita basis, the US ranks 36th in tests, just below Belarus and slightly above Slovakia.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
Ya mean like this guy?

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump· 1h
Interesting? By Congress not wanting the special 5 minute testing apparatus, they are saying that they are not “essential”. In any event, we have great testing capacity, and have performed 6.5 million tests, which is more than every country in the world, combined!

This is a lie—and it isn’t close.

US: 7.2 million tests

Russia + Germany + Italy: 9 million tests

Rest of world combined: 31.5 million tests

On a per capita basis, the US ranks 36th in tests, just below Belarus and slightly above Slovakia.
Did you lie when you made false statements?
Old 05-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Durham has been investigating 10 months of an investigation for 11 months.
and if there's anything there, they'll time the release for when it provides the most political capital. See, I am capable of admitting that the GOP is motivated by partisan politics.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Ah, Saul
Trump* should pay attention to this one: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
So you are opposed to anyone who gets rich from foreign money, eh? So can we all assume, then, that you didn't vote for Hilary Clinton, who took bazillions from foreign countries? Or, like most liberals, are your principles shall we say "flexible", depending on which political party the individual is affiliated with?
You dont know where you stand do you a 4 star gen selling out to the russian . And Keeping up the Hillary made millions from foreign countrys another debunked lie you love promoting as truth ... tells us about the Trump foundation..

Guess Hillary has high friends in your deep state ..

And you keep bringing up durhams credibility.. whos questioned it . We know who will when his report doesn't live up to expectations
Old 05-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
You dont know where you stand do you a 4 star gen selling out to the russian . And Keeping up the Hillary made millions from foreign countrys another debunked lie you love promoting as truth ... tells us about the Trump foundation..

Guess Hillary has high friends in your deep state ..

And you keep bringing up durhams credibility.. whos questioned it . We know who will when his report doesn't live up to expectations
I know where I stand. You are the one who said you can't respect anyone who got rich off foreign money. So for the second time, please tell me who you voted for in the 2016 election? Because if you voted for Hilary, it appears you are quite comfortable supporting someone who took tons of foreign money.

"you keep bringing up durhams credibility.. whos questioned it ""

You did, you said no one involved in the administration has any credibility. You can't remember what you posted yesterday?
Old 05-04-2020, 04:49 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Ah, Saul
Trump* should pay attention to this one: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:33 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

I made no false statements
How do you rationalize the ones Trump* made and your support of his rhetoric?
Old 05-04-2020, 07:09 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
I made no false statements
You have made many, many, false statements about Trump in the past 3 years. I used to routinely tell you that you were a lot like your version of him when it came to telling lies. There were post after post in which I pointed out you were wrong and you never proved me wrong, as well as point after point in various lists of lies you claimed Trump said, in which I pointed out you were wrong, or they weren't really lies, but which you presented as fact, and you never were able to rebut me.

There are so many of these that they melt together in an indistinguishable past so can't be specifically remembered. A few recent ones that come to mind:

Trump owes China 200 million dollars.

Posted a video which claimed Trump sent to China a massive load of our supplies we needed to fight the coronavirus.

Trump said Nazis are fine people.

Trump has done little positive for America.

Trump mocked a disabled person.

Trump is incapable of leading.

He is solely responsible for the death of the most Americans in history.

Our intelligence community warned Trump early about the danger of the virus, but this media narrative was denied by the intel director.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:31 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You have made many, many, false statements about Trump in the past 3 years. I used to routinely tell you that you were a lot like your version of him when it came to telling lies. There were post after post in which I pointed out you were wrong and you never proved me wrong, as well as point after point in various lists of lies you claimed Trump said, in which I pointed out you were wrong, or they weren't really lies, but which you presented as fact, and you never were able to rebut me.

There are so many of these that they melt together in an indistinguishable past so can't be specifically remembered. A few recent ones that come to mind:

Trump owes China 200 million dollars. He does and more to russians

Posted a video which claimed Trump sent to China a massive load of our supplies we needed to fight the coronavirus. He did

Trump said Nazis are fine people. He did

Trump has done little positive for America. He has done little positive

Trump mocked a disabled person. He did

Trump is incapable of leading. He is

He is solely responsible for the death of the most Americans in history. He is

Our intelligence community warned Trump early about the danger of the virus, but this media narrative was denied by the intel director.
and they did

Lets Go Darwin