Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Tara Reade working with Ronan Farrow

to document her experience with Biden, in a piece that will be in the New Yorker. Ronan Farrow has as much credibility on this issue, as anyone, having broke the Weinstein story that no one wanted him to report. If he thought liberals made THAT story difficult, he might want to hire someone to start his car for him in the mornings when this comes out...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,...
Old 05-07-2020, 09:17 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Hard to believe Russia is involved
One of the attorneys working with Tara Reade is Bill Moran, a former employee of Sputnik, the Russian government’s English-language propaganda arm
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hard to believe Russia is involved
One of the attorneys working with Tara Reade is Bill Moran, a former employee of Sputnik, the Russian government’s English-language propaganda arm
which means “russia” is involved? Reade and Farrow are democrats.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:54 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

One of Tara Reade's new attorneys donated $55,000 to Trump in 2016. The other is a former writer and editor for a Russian propaganda network.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-07-2020, 09:56 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

“Wigdor has been a supporter of Trump and provided about $55,000 in campaign contributions in 2016.” Moran “wrote and edited for Sputnik, a news agency founded and supported by the Russian state-owned media company Rossiya Segodnya.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-07-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

The lawyer’s name is Douglas Wigdor. Here’s his track record:

1. He is best well known for representing 6 of Harvey Weinstein’s sexual assault accusers.

2. He represented 20 Fox News employees on a gender and racial discrimination settlement.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 06:31 AM   #7
Sea Dangles

I believe her
Old 05-08-2020, 06:37 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
“Wigdor has been a supporter of Trump and provided about $55,000 in campaign contributions in 2016.” Moran “wrote and edited for Sputnik, a news agency founded and supported by the Russian state-owned media company Rossiya Segodnya.”
oh good...now perpetually wrong pete is spreading russian propoganda
Old 05-08-2020, 06:52 AM   #9
Jim in CT

pete, before you humiliate yourself trying to imply that the russian government is behind this ( where have we herd that bullsh*t before), tell me what role this attorney is playing on reades team, and what connection he had today with russian officials?

does russian have anything to do with whether or not she’s telling the truth?

another question, do you care at all if she’s telling the truth? if video surfaced of biden assaulting her, would you do anything differently between. ow and november?

you call us trumplicans. you accuse us of being unable to fairly criticize trump when he deserves it. is that any different than what you do with biden?
Old 05-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Blow all the smoke you want.

Where’s Trump*s DNA sample?
Old 05-08-2020, 07:02 AM   #11
scottw

pete is a Russian bot...it's pretty obvious
Old 05-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Blow all the smoke you want.

Where’s Trump*s DNA sample?
that’s your response
to my questions - blow smoke.

Pete, what does it say about the flimsiness of your positions, that you are literally unable to respond directly to such simple questions? what do you think that says about the validity of your positions, that you can’t offer a syllable of response to defend them? it means you haven’t thought about why you believe things. you just know that it’s your job as a lemming to unquestionably believe them.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Orange man bad

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Orange man bad
pete, you ask me a direct question, i can give you a direct answer. because i consider both sides before i decide where i stand.

you can’t begin to answer a question so obvious that i child would know to ask it.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:23 AM   #15
Nebe

Biden could shoot someone on park ave and no one would care.....
Old 05-08-2020, 09:25 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
The lawyer’s name is Douglas Wigdor. Here’s his track record:

1. He is best well known for representing 6 of Harvey Weinstein’s sexual assault accusers.

2. He represented 20 Fox News employees on a gender and racial discrimination settlement.
So you are saying something is fishy, because Tara Reade retained the services of someone who has prior experience handling assault claims against a wealthy and powerful men? She should have just retained some kid who just graduated from law school yesterday?

You are surprised that she would choose to hire someone with that experience?

That's some fine logic there.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Tara Reade has a PATTERN of being a disturbed attention searching swindler.

Biden has a PATTERN of being a good moral decent loving man.

That’s all I need to see.

Especially when the choice is not just a bad man. He is an avatar for iniquity and immorality and selfishness. He runs the table on the seven deadly sins and demonstrates not a trace of any of the four cardinal virtues. He possesses not a single character trait that you would want your child to fully emulate. He cares about nothing and no one besides himself.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Biden could shoot someone on park ave and no one would care.....
His supporters wouldn't care.

Trump should never have used that stupid line, but it's true, and it's not unique to Trump. I haven't seen a single liberal here, apply the Kavanaugh standard to Biden. Some well-known democrats have said they believe Tara Reade, but they are voting for Biden anyway, because his winning is more important than Tara Reade's claim.

So it's OK when democrats plug their nose and vote for the deeply flawed guy whose policies they like. But when the right does it, that's different? Why?
Old 05-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tara Reade has a PATTERN of being a disturbed attention searching swindler.

Biden has a PATTERN of being a good moral decent loving man.

That’s all I need to see.

Especially when the choice is not just a bad man. He is an avatar for iniquity and immorality and selfishness. He runs the table on the seven deadly sins and demonstrates not a trace of any of the four cardinal virtues. He possesses not a single character trait that you would want your child to fully emulate. He cares about nothing and no one besides himself.
"Biden has a PATTERN of being a good moral decent loving man. "

Wow, a pattern. Not just a pattern, but a PATTERN.

Tell that to Clarence Thomas and Robert Bork.

When Biden told blacks that "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains", that was such a good, moral, decent thing to say.

I can do this all day, Pete. All day.

What was the evidence that Kavanaugh wasn't a decent man, until he found himself being a political adversary of the democrats? Have fun with THAT one.

Jimmy Carter is also a decent, moral man. But he was a disaster as a president. As my executive, I'd rather have a jerk who gets the job done right, than a truly nice guy who can't do anything right. It's a results versus style argument. which is fine, as long as we can be honest. I can be perfectly honest about Trumps style. You can't show a speck of honesty about his results.

You're not holding any cards here. Not even a pair of 6's.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:34 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Orangeman bad

The badness is enough. The badness is so bad that it’s all that really matters in our politics right now.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Orangeman bad

The badness is enough. The badness is so bad that it’s all that really matters in our politics right now.
telling a roomful of blacks, that "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains". Was that a good, moral, decent thing to say? Mitt Romney wants to go back to the plantation days?

Go ahead and explain that. Let's just stick to that.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
The badness is so bad that it’s all that really matters in our politics right now.
Ahhh...So when YOU want to win badly enough, the personal behavior of your candidate doesn't matter. But it's never OK for conservatives to do the same thing.

That's what you just said, that only Trumps behavior matters.

Between the Reade assault charge and Biden's clear onset of senility, your best hope is getting Biden to step down and putting Michelle Obama in his place. I don't think Trump would have a chance against her.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:58 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to let the smallest, most ignorant, venal, racist, drug addicted sexual predator this country has ever produced be POTUS, I’ll never forgive Putin for installing him.

Now they’re gonna keep sending the Kayleigh McEnany’s to lie to us, they’re gonna block the Fauci’s, they’re gonna steal as much as they can until November and either leave us in a pile of ashes or continue the grift. Either way it’s a criminal abuse of democracy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m old enough to remember when Trump* took out a full page ad in the New York Times to call for the public execution of five black children who were falsely accused of attacking a white jogger in Central Park.

And all you need to know about America in 2020, is that Trump* won’t speak out or condemn, the lynching of a black man in broad daylight, because he fears it would anger his base.

If a 25 year-old white jogger had been murdered by two black men on Feb. 23 in the State of Georgia, they would already be on death row and Trump* would be using them as an example of what his base should fear at the next MAGA rally.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to let the smallest, most ignorant, venal, racist, drug addicted sexual predator this country has ever produced be POTUS.
Then maybe Hilary should have lowered herself to set foot in places like Wisconsin. Maybe she shouldn't have said that people who disagree with her are deplorable. Did Russia make her say that? Did Russia prevent her from campaigning in swing states?
Old 05-08-2020, 11:32 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
I’m old enough to remember when Trump* took out a full page ad in the New York Times to call for the public execution of five black children who were falsely accused of attacking a white jogger in Central Park.
That is a false statement. He did not call for the execution of five black children. Post the ad.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That is a false statement. He did not call for the execution of five black children. Post the ad.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-08-2020, 11:54 AM   #28
scottw

it keeps getting worse for sleepy joe
Old 05-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
You did not post the full article. Where in the ad did Trump ask for the death penalty of the Central Park Five? He did not do so. His ad was speaking about the total crime situation in NY City at the time, not just the Five. And the crime situation there at the time was horrific. And it was about the police being overly restricted and the justice system being overly psychoanalytic and lenient. His call for the death penalty was for murderers (who were given prison sentences rather than execution), not for the Central Park Five.

It is that fake news trick to "interpret" or portray or characterize what is said by Trump in a negative way as has so often been exposed on this forum. And it is a very effective trick as you're being duped by it shows.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it keeps getting worse for sleepy joe
If the economy makes any kind of a comeback between now and then, and is seen as having momentum, Biden is in a tough spot.

People forget what a terrible campaigner he is. And that was when he was playing with a full deck.