Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So with a straight face are you suggesting China should have detained Americans from returning Home or other foreign nationals from returning.. funny you have great hindsight when it comes to China
'
you dont seem to have the same hindsight with Trump's response

lets keep this simple.. do you agree with Navaro yes or no

Navarro: China Deliberately Allowed Coronavirus to Spread Outside Its Borders

saying they could have done more is not the issue. of course they could have done more Same goes for Trump..

But that's not what Navaro said : is it ...

and if yes How so??
I honestly can't follow much of that gibberish. If you want to deny that China was grossly negligent in this, that's fine. The Gallup poll showed that America approves of the way Trump is handling this.

Meanwhile, Gov Cuomo defied all logic and forced nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents, when he knew there were tons of available hospital beds, and lots of people died as a result. This is irrefutable, yet the media won't touch it. DO you have an opinion, by any chance? Is that Trumps fault?
Old 05-19-2020, 05:06 PM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I honestly can't follow much of that gibberish. If you want to deny that China was grossly negligent in this, that's fine. The Gallup poll showed that America approves of the way Trump is handling this.

Meanwhile, Gov Cuomo defied all logic and forced nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents, when he knew there were tons of available hospital beds, and lots of people died as a result. This is irrefutable, yet the media won't touch it. DO you have an opinion, by any chance? Is that Trumps fault?
Funny how a yes or no answer is gibberish. On the use of the word deliberately...

Yes Fox has been trying to attack Cuomo

But the truth is. From the article. We can’t say for sure” whether the virus has spread because of the patients transferred under the state mandate,
But on fox that part doesn't matter and seems your hindsight only applies to everyone but Trump

seeing my wife works in a nursing home who 3 weeks ago tested all residents and staff had 2 postive and 1 staff postive all on a Covid floor ( if positive or if they went to the hospital, they stayed for 14 day when then returned then to their room if no symptoms)

They just had 32 new positives in 2day this week on a different floor , not in NY in MASS. So fox blaming Coumo isnt a surprise. Or them blaming china or the CDC anyone but Trump I get it ..

Moral of the story is nursing homes have the most vulnerable populations many have DNR,s and are older it's a perfect storm and its spread by Staff , it's a horrible fact , and there is not a thing you can do to stop it.. trust me they are trying to stop it .. wait till the states who have opened up full speed and all those nursing homes in those states allowing families to visit again . It's not going to be pretty,,,,
Old 05-19-2020, 06:54 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Funny how a yes or no answer is gibberish. On the use of the word deliberately...

Yes Fox has been trying to attack Cuomo

But the truth is. From the article. We can’t say for sure” whether the virus has spread because of the patients transferred under the state mandate,
But on fox that part doesn't matter and seems your hindsight only applies to everyone but Trump

seeing my wife works in a nursing home who 3 weeks ago tested all residents and staff had 2 postive and 1 staff postive all on a Covid floor ( if positive or if they went to the hospital, they stayed for 14 day when then returned then to their room if no symptoms)

They just had 32 new positives in 2day this week on a different floor , not in NY in MASS. So fox blaming Coumo isnt a surprise. Or them blaming china or the CDC anyone but Trump I get it ..

Moral of the story is nursing homes have the most vulnerable populations many have DNR,s and are older it's a perfect storm and its spread by Staff , it's a horrible fact , and there is not a thing you can do to stop it.. trust me they are trying to stop it .. wait till the states who have opened up full speed and all those nursing homes in those states allowing families to visit again . It's not going to be pretty,,,,
so you have no problem with forcing nursing home to admit covid-19 patients. at least when prominent democrats give such orders.

my company provides professional liability insurance to nursing homes. many nursing homes will be sued, simply for following that idiotic order. because people died. we, and other carriers, will in some cases be asserting that cuomo did this.

what does your wife’s home have to do with this? is it in NY? no one is saying that every nursing home
death in the country is because of cuomo. what we’re saying is that because nursing homes are so vulnerable, it’s beyond stupid to force them to admit covid 19 residents. a nursing home isnt a hospital.

i am not in the habit of dodging questions. i couldn’t understand your previous email.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-19-2020, 07:36 PM   #64
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Is Trump manufacturing hydroxychloroquine?
Not likely, manufacturing things is never part of a con.
He’s just pushing it and nobody told him about the side effects.
Remember “I take no responsibility at all”.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Not likely, manufacturing things is never part of a con.
He’s just pushing it and nobody told him about the side effects.
Remember “I take no responsibility at all”.
He has mentioned the side effects several times. Actually, nothing you said here makes any sense.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:27 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

I make no sense, listen to this fool.

He is spinning his failure into a good thing and you applaud him.

If a million were dead, he would tell you it could have been 2 million, but for him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
I make no sense, listen to this fool.

He is spinning his failure into a good thing and you applaud him.

If a million were dead, he would tell you it could have been 2 million, but for him.
Your spinning it as his failure. And he wasn't saying that an actual larger number of cases would be a good thing, but that the greater amount of testing finds more cases (the greater number to which he was referring) than would otherwise be known.

I would think that would be considered a good thing for those who consider testing to be the answer since finding more of the actual existing cases can result in more effective tracing and a better chance to contain the spread.

I'm sure that if a million were dead, you would say that if Obama or Biden were President there would have been only a few thousand or less dead.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:13 AM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
so you have no problem with forcing nursing home to admit covid-19 patients. at least when prominent democrats give such orders.

my company provides professional liability insurance to nursing homes. many nursing homes will be sued, simply for following that idiotic order. because people died. we, and other carriers, will in some cases be asserting that cuomo did this.

what does your wife’s home have to do with this? is it in NY? no one is saying that every nursing home
death in the country is because of cuomo. what we’re saying is that because nursing homes are so vulnerable, it’s beyond stupid to force them to admit covid 19 residents. a nursing home isnt a hospital.

i am not in the habit of dodging questions. i couldn’t understand your previous email.

It's so simple you cant follow along

Covid 19 is so contagious no matter if Cuomo never made them take them even it was to open beds in hospitals... its was going to get in nursing homes. , Hence wife's nursing home example they didn't get people from the Hospital and they still got hit and hit hard ,,

But with your mioptic view you only see what Fox tells you to see... cuomo equals. Nursing home deaths
And Trump taking hydroxychloroquine equals cure for covid. Neither conclusions are evidence based s what a surprise

EVERY NURISING HOME IN AMERICA IS FACING COVID 19 RAVAGING THEIR FACILITIES NO MATTER WHAT PROCEDURES THEY USE TO TRY TO PROTECT THEM...

and your always going to have some ambulance chaser wanting to sue because a 98 year old died. that's what they do at that age ... it's not Neglect if they get covid 19. IT Just sucks

More than 16,000 nursing home residents and staff have died from COVID-19, representing roughly a quarter of the nation's known coronavirus deaths. While dire, this figure is an undercount, experts warn, because not all states are publicly reporting data yet. In some states, more than half of coronavirus deaths have come in nursing homes.

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/heal...es-deaths.html

Last edited by wdmso; 05-20-2020 at 07:36 AM..
Old 05-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's so simple you cant follow along

Covid 19 is so contagious no matter if Cuomo never made them take them even it was to open beds in hospitals... its was going to get in nursing homes. , Hence wife's nursing home example they didn't get people from the Hospital and they still got hit and hit hard ,,

But with your mioptic view you only see what Fox tells you to see... cuomo equals. Nursing home deaths
And Trump taking hydroxychloroquine equals cure for covid. Neither conclusions are evidence based s what a surprise

EVERY NURISING HOME IN AMERICA IS FACING COVID 19 RAVAGING THEIR FACILITIES NO MATTER WHAT PROCEDURES THEY USE TO TRY TO PROTECT THEM...

and your always going to have some ambulance chaser wanting to sue because a 98 year old died. that's what they do at that age ... it's not Neglect if they get covid 19. IT Just sucks
So somehow you know, that forcing nursing homes to accept covid-19 patients, didn't cause anyone else to get infected. Your background and experience qualify you to make that conclusion?

I've seen emails from doctors at nursing homes begging the state not to be so stupid.

"EVERY NURISING HOME IN AMERICA IS FACING COVID 19 RAVAGING THEIR FACILITIES NO MATTER WHAT PROCEDURES THEY USE TO TRY TO PROTECT THEM... "

I work in this space for a living. There are plenty of nursing homes that are unaffected - call it luck, call it aggressive quarantines, but many are unaffected. I do this for a living, this is part of my job. My underwriters and I talk to nursing homes every single day about what their exposure has been. I talk to 5 or 6 nursing homes a day, every single day. Many are fine.

So when you say every nursing home is ravaged, what are you basing that on, exactly? The one home your wife works at?

Ask ANY nursing home director if admitting covid-19 residents was a good idea. For Gods sake man, most nursing homes wouldn't allow visitors who tested negative. But they'll allow residents who test positive?

Obviously, even without that idiotic law, many homes would get ravaged. That doesn't mean the law didn't make it worse.

Anyway, I'm very very interested to know your expertise in this area that renders you qualified to draw that conclusion. And if Cuomo was a republican, you'd be blaming him for every nursing home death in NY.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:22 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Your spinning it as his failure. And he wasn't saying that an actual larger number of cases would be a good thing, but that the greater amount of testing finds more cases (the greater number to which he was referring) than would otherwise be known.

I would think that would be considered a good thing for those who consider testing to be the answer since finding more of the actual existing cases can result in more effective tracing and a better chance to contain the spread.

I'm sure that if a million were dead, you would say that if Obama or Biden were President there would have been only a few thousand or less dead.
No, what I would say is

1. He can’t brag about the economy, because we’re in a depression.

2. He can’t brag about his response to the virus, because it was #^&#^&#^&#^&ty.

3. So his campaign is gonna be a whole bunch of “voter fraud,” “Obama,” & the “deep state.”

4. Because he thinks his voters are stupid.

Is he right?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-21-2020, 06:43 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
No, what I would say is

1. He can’t brag about the economy, because we’re in a depression.

2. He can’t brag about his response to the virus, because it was #^&#^&#^&#^&ty.

3. So his campaign is gonna be a whole bunch of “voter fraud,” “Obama,” & the “deep state.”

4. Because he thinks his voters are stupid.

Is he right?
"He can’t brag about the economy, because we’re in a depression"

(1) The thing is, you didn't give him any credit for the economy, before the impact of the virus.
(2) we aren't in a depression, no one is starving, people aren't losing their homes in big numbers, investment bankers aren't jumping out of windows. The economy didn't fail, it didn't even sputter. We chose to turn it off. Some states are slowly opening back up, and there's every reason to believe that most lost jobs will come back.
(3) I don't think most people blame Trump for the effects of the virus. Back in December, no one was advocating for the policies that might have helped us keep the virus out. In fact, most democrats and media pundits said that the one thing Trump did (restricting travel from China) was an over reaction.
(4) recent polling shows that Americans trust Trump on the economy more than they trust Biden.
(5) the Dow was at 20,000 when he took office. 3.5 years later, it's at 24,500. Is that a Depression? Unemployment is a disaster.

"He can’t brag about his response to the virus, because it was #^&#^&#^&#^&ty."

The polls don't suggest that. Attached is the most recent one I could find specific to the virus, he was at 50-50. So you can shriek this all you want. People don't agree with you. His personal behavior at the briefings was predictably bad. His policies, are not unpopular. Ask Govs Cuomo and Newsom.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/309593/...situation.aspx

"So his campaign is gonna be a whole bunch of “voter fraud,” “Obama,” & the “deep state.”

nope. He can legitimately claim some credit for what the economy was doing before we deliberately shut it off. He can claim some credit for the federal stimulus policies that are popular and that have kept the DJIA in the mid-20s, which I can't believe it didn't go much lower than that. He can claim credit for the fact that deaths will be nowhere near what was originally predicted. He can claim that Biden, as VP, was part of an administration that was likely involved in some serious fishiness regarding the Russia claims, and you can bet that Durham's investigation will conclude at a time most beneficial to the re-election. He can claim credit for keeping us safe from jihadists. He can claim credit for appointing the kinds of judges that people who elected him, wanted him to appoint. He can claim credit for helping to decrease tax rates for 60% of Americans, and for incentivizing American companies to bring back $2 trillion in profits that had been stored overseas. And he can claim that his opponent is a senile old jerk who can no longer string two sentences together, who is best known for being a democrat attack dog who calls everyone who opposes him, a racist...and who also has a problem with women. He can claim that Biden said that Trumps travel restrictions were an overreaction (meaning he didn't think the virus was serious enough to do that). He can claim he has been a friend to the unborn and to Christians.

That's not the whole story, obviously. There's all kinds of fair criticism. He's a jerk, he didn't build the wall he promised, etc...but if you think he has nothing to campaign on, we will see how wrong you are.

"Because he thinks his voters are stupid. Is he right?"

What do you think an intelligent Republican should do in November, Pete? Stay home? Vote for Biden? Move to San Francisco and become a folk singer of sociology professor?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-21-2020 at 06:52 AM..
Old 05-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #72
detbuch

Quote:
Because he thinks his voters are stupid.

Is he right?
It's more likely that he thinks people like you are stupid.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:45 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

The Stable Genius demonstrates his intelligence

"per capita relative to what?"

“When you say per capita, there's many per capitas...”

Trump yesterday: Mail-in voting leads to “forgeries” and “thousands and thousands of fake ballots.”

Trump campaign email yesterday to PA supporters: “Request your ballot and cast your vote from your own home.”

I don’t need to make stuff up like President Tweety and his accomplices
Old 05-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #74
detbuch

Quote:

I don’t need to make stuff up like President Tweety and his accomplices
And yet you do.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:57 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump yesterday: Mail-in voting leads to “forgeries” and “thousands and thousands of fake ballots.”

"Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud" - said Jimmy Carter, when heading a 2005 report on federal election issues. Jimmy Carter.

When Donald Trump and Jimmy Carter both agree on the issue, it's pretty mush settled. That's the whole spectrum. Except for you. You are further out in the tail than both of those guys.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

The art of the selective quote

Trump campaign email yesterday to PA supporters: “Request your ballot and cast your vote from your own home.”

He has less of a coherent message than his supporters
If you have no core belief, you never can sustain one.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Voting by mail does not help Democrats more than Republicans and does not incubate fraud — but does generate a bit more turnout, a pair of academic studies out Thursday conclude.

The twin reports, one from Stanford and the other from the Union of Concerned Scientists, come as the debate about making elections more flexible in the face of the coronavirus has become increasingly partisan.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Voting by mail does not help Democrats more than Republicans and does not incubate fraud — but does generate a bit more turnout, a pair of academic studies out Thursday conclude.

The twin reports, one from Stanford and the other from the Union of Concerned Scientists, come as the debate about making elections more flexible in the face of the coronavirus has become increasingly partisan.
since democrats are the ones who ignore the obvious and deny that mailing in ballots is prone to fraud, obviously they feel it helps them.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #79
spence

Quote:
since democrats are the ones who ignore the obvious and deny that mailing in ballots is prone to fraud, obviously they feel it helps them.
Did you vote back when you were deployed?
Old 05-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
no one ever said you get 100% fraud with mail. but are you denying it’s easier to commit fraud with mail in ballots, than it is with voting in person?
Old 05-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
i’m sorry, if Pete is a mailman, and he knows how i vote, i don’t want to hand him my ballot and trust him to deliver it. no thanks.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Someone’s projecting again
Old 05-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

NEW: The U.S. Attorney's Office and FBI in Philadelphia have announced the guilty plea of a local elections judge, Domenick J. Demuro there who took bribes in exchange for adding ballots to increase the vote totals for certain candidates.
U.S. Attorney @USAttyMcSwain says, “Demuro fraudulently stuffed the ballot box by literally standing in a voting booth and voting over and over, as fast as he could, while he thought the coast was clear."
This can’t happen with a mailed ballot. Fun fact.
Unless Jim’s your mailman.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
NEW: The U.S. Attorney's Office and FBI in Philadelphia have announced the guilty plea of a local elections judge, Domenick J. Demuro there who took bribes in exchange for adding ballots to increase the vote totals for certain candidates.
U.S. Attorney @USAttyMcSwain says, “Demuro fraudulently stuffed the ballot box by literally standing in a voting booth and voting over and over, as fast as he could, while he thought the coast was clear."
This can’t happen with a mailed ballot. Fun fact.
Unless Jim’s your mailman.
Mailed ballots can be thrown in the garbage. Again, if you think that only right wing Trumplicans have this concern, I guess Jimmy Carter is a right wing Trumplican.

I'm not saying every single ballot that gets put in the mail is tampered with. Nor am I saying that there are no other forms of voter fraud. Nor am I saying that Republicans don't engage in fraud. All I'm saying, is that mail in ballots are easier to tamper with, than in person voting. I don't get why that's a controversial thing to say, but I also never would have thought it would be controversial to say "if you have a wee-wee, you pee in the mens room".
Old 05-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m far more concerned that so few citizens vote in this country than the largely imaginary voting fraud issue.
Blocking voters thru various machinations is the new President Tweety method.
Or just canceling an election like they did in Georgia, because of poorly drafted language in their constitution.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:13 PM   #86
detbuch

Quote:
I’m far more concerned that so few citizens vote in this country than the largely imaginary voting fraud issue.
Blocking voters thru various machinations is the new President Tweety method.
Or just canceling an election like they did in Georgia, because of poorly drafted language in their constitution.
I'm far more concerned that so many citizens vote on the basis of leftist political propaganda.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:58 PM   #87
wdmso

Quote:
So somehow you know, that forcing nursing homes to accept covid-19 patients, didn't cause anyone else to get infected. Your background and experience qualify you to make that conclusion?

yet you suggest it did cause people to get infected

I've seen emails from doctors at nursing homes begging the state not to be so stupid.

"EVERY NURISING HOME IN AMERICA IS FACING COVID 19 RAVAGING THEIR FACILITIES NO MATTER WHAT PROCEDURES THEY USE TO TRY TO PROTECT THEM... "

I work in this space for a living. There are plenty of nursing homes that are unaffected - call it luck, call it aggressive quarantines, but many are unaffected. I do this for a living, this is part of my job. My underwriters and I talk to nursing homes every single day about what their exposure has been. I talk to 5 or 6 nursing homes a day, every single day. Many are fine.

So when you say every nursing home is ravaged, what are you basing that on, exactly? The one home your wife works at?

Ask ANY nursing home director if admitting covid-19 residents was a good idea. For Gods sake man, most nursing homes wouldn't allow visitors who tested negative. But they'll allow residents who test positive?

Obviously, even without that idiotic law, many homes would get ravaged. That doesn't mean the law didn't make it worse.

Anyway, I'm very very interested to know your expertise in this area that renders you qualified to draw that conclusion. And if Cuomo was a republican, you'd be blaming him for every nursing home death in NY.
You just cant handle he gets better grades than trump on his Covid 19 handling
Old 05-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #88
wdmso

Quote:
no one ever said you get 100% fraud with mail. but are you denying it’s easier to commit fraud with mail in ballots, than it is with voting in person?
your background and experience qualify you to make that conclusion?
Old 05-21-2020, 08:57 PM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I'm far more concerned that so many citizens vote on the basis of leftist political propaganda.
I’m far more concerned that the Russians are aiding Tweety again in this election and further destabilizing our country

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #90
detbuch

Quote:
I’m far more concerned that the Russians are aiding Tweety again in this election and further destabilizing our country
Actually, if Trump gets re-elected, and the Repubs win the House and Senate, that would go farther toward stabilizing our country than if the Biden-Ocasio Cortez-Omar-Bernie Sanders-Clinton-Pelosi-Schumer mess wins.