Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #91
Sea Dangles

Please move to another country in December.
Big Baby Time

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #92
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Big Baby Time
Must kill you that you promised the boss to tone down your insults, your reaching now. Don’t mistake my distain for this administration for anything else, I love this country and the beauty is I can express my opinion freely and you sir will just have to take it. Your guy is going down as the worst of all time and it’s hard to take I know.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 07-11-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Old 07-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #93
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I think he is referring to FBI Ross

And if power goes to the left, just plain #^&#^&#^&#^&ed is an understatement
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Maybe? IDK. But either way, I am not ok with extremists from the left or the right. I am not ok with defunding police, tearing down statues and rewriting our history. I am not ok with political divides as they are put up with city mayors outlawing all protests, except BLM. I am not ok with looters and protesters hiding behind the feel good movement of the year. I am not ok with people losing jobs for saying ALL lives matter, nor am I ok with my generation of white America made to feel we are the root of the problem. My generation has seen and done more than all other generations before us. I remember hearing the racist comments growing up and know the difference between my thoughts and actions and those of my parents. One bad cop in Minnesota, who should have been fired and prosecuted years before George Floyd, has boiled into a divided nation that is using this platform to further divide us when we needed a leader to unite. Sadly neither the right nor the left seem interested in doing this. All they want is to dismantle the other side at ANY COST.

And I believe in the science. Masks work. POTUS is an ass thinking his gut is better for our health, be it physical, mental, or economic. Schools aren't going to open across the board. Major professional sports are not going to be able to get through these "resumed" seasons without collateral damage. The world is laughing at us and how we can't control ourselves.... Covid has gotten the upper hand again nationally, if not in Massachusetts. But jumping into further opening will just lengthen the number of months before we can truly be back to normal. Canada may look more attractive to those suffering economically

Last edited by nightfighter; 07-11-2020 at 05:03 PM..

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #94
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Well said Ross!
Old 07-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #95
PaulS

Quote:
Big Baby Time
Please stop with the personal insults Bruce did nothing to you.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #96
wdmso

I have conducted a non scientific study ..seeing i am retired at 53 and a product of public schools and admittedly a horrible speller , i like to flip back and forth bettween fox and Cnn and to see how each covers stories and how each spin them..

CNN its covid 19 95% of the time the other 5% is exposing Trump for his covid response or lack of 1

Fox spends 95% going on about protest statues or defunding the police and 5% defending trump or acting like a trump surrogate attacking biden

Conclusions if your source of information is just 1 of these outlets and your on line info mirrors their message.. you need to diversify your news sources

Last edited by wdmso; 07-11-2020 at 08:00 PM..
Old 07-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #97
Pete F.
Canceled

Just keep in mind
Trump’s campaign manager is a felon.
His deputy campaign manager is a felon.
His national security advisor is a felon.
His foreign policy advisor is a felon.
His personal lawyer is a felon.
His long time advisor is a felon.

It’s not a campaign, it’s a criminal enterprise.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just keep in mind
Trump’s campaign manager is a felon.

Brad Parscale is not a felon.

His deputy campaign manager is a felon.

Bill Stepien is not a felon.

His national security advisor is a felon.

Robert C. O’Brien is not a felon.

His foreign policy advisor is a felon.

He has several. You're probably referring to Popadopoulos, who wasn't much of a felon.

His personal lawyer is a felon.

Jay Sekulow is not a felon.

His long time advisor is a felon.

He has several long time advisors. You referring to Stone? He's a harmless whacko convicted of process crimes by a prejudiced jury.

It’s not a campaign, it’s a criminal enterprise.
His campaign is not guilty of crimes.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Sadly neither the right nor the left seem interested in doing this. All they want is to dismantle the other side at ANY COST.
The motivation behind the conflict between both sides is the issue. Trump and Biden are not the issue. The reasons behind the conflict to win and destroy the other side are either to keep what is left of our founding constitutional form of limited central government power and restoring what portions of that form are lost, or to finish the transformation of that system into an administrative state run by experts which totally dominates governance in this country in which states are merely adjuncts to the will of that centralized, pretty much unlimited, power.

That is the simple, Cliff Notes style version of what we're ultimately voting on. Trump and Biden are merely bit players who come and soon go (although professional politicians like Biden seem to hang on forever). They mean little more than being the figurehead for the real agenda. Their personalities, strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments and failures are not much more than lipstick.

Voting for the man in this election may actually be voting against which type of government you want. Be sure that your eyes are on the prize in this election, not on the stylish purse that holds it.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:44 AM   #100
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
His campaign is not guilty of crimes.
You can’t keep them after they’re convicted.
Don’t worry though, the activity continues, that’s how criminal organizations work.

This is not about Trump protecting his friends. This is about Trump protecting Trump. Keep your mouth shut and you’ll be taken care of. This is how mobsters rule.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-12-2020, 04:43 AM   #101
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The motivation behind the conflict between both sides is the issue. Trump and Biden are not the issue. The reasons behind the conflict to win and destroy the other side are either to keep what is left of our founding constitutional form of limited central government power and restoring what portions of that form are lost, or to finish the transformation of that system into an administrative state run by experts which totally dominates governance in this country in which states are merely adjuncts to the will of that centralized, pretty much unlimited, power.

That is the simple, Cliff Notes style version of what we're ultimately voting on. Trump and Biden are merely bit players who come and soon go (although professional politicians like Biden seem to hang on forever). They mean little more than being the figurehead for the real agenda. Their personalities, strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments and failures are not much more than lipstick.

Voting for the man in this election may actually be voting against which type of government you want. Be sure that your eyes are on the prize in this election, not on the stylish purse that holds it.
This current administration in no way, represents anything resembling the constitutional form intended by the founders. And your statement that it purports to return to limited central governance is a joke, right? Limited central governance? With Donald J Trump? Pushing his way front and center on every issue. Dismissing experts in the field of disease and science so he can make a gut call.... Are you truly ready to hang your hat on this current administration? My eye is on the prize. I am going to vote against what the current administration has presented, which more closely resembles a nationalist dictatorship.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:18 AM   #102
scottw

just sayin'...

"One-time defenders of unsavory Clinton and Obama pardons are outraged by the president’s commutation of his old associate’s 40-month sentence.

Bill Clinton pardoned his own brother for felony distribution of cocaine. And a key witness in the Whitewater scandal for which he and Hillary Clinton were under investigation. And three others convicted in independent counsel Ken Starr’s probe. And Marc Rich, in what was a straight up political payoff. And his CIA director. And his HUD secretary. And eight people convicted in an investigation of his Agriculture Department.

Clinton also commuted the sentences of convicted terrorists, some of whom hadn’t even asked for clemency. Shameless as he was, though, even he couldn’t bring himself to pardon Oscar Lopez Rivera, the defiantly unrepentant FALN leader.

President Obama took care of that.

Obama also commuted the sentence of a U.S. soldier who passed top-secret information to WikiLeaks. He pardoned his former Joint Chiefs of Staff vice chairman, who’d been convicted of making false statements about a leak of classified information to the New York Times. And when he couldn’t get Congress to amend federal drug laws the way he wanted them amended, Obama used the pardon power to slash hundreds of sentences, under an executive initiative later sharply criticized by the Obama-appointed DOJ inspector general.

I can’t get too whipped up over President Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s 40-month sentence for non-violent criminal obstruction of a bogusly based and ridiculously over-prosecuted investigation.

Not under circumstances in which jail-house doors have been swung open all over the country by federal, state, and local governments, which are using the coronavirus pandemic as a rationale to release both hardened criminals and elderly convicts (i.e., those around Stone’s age)."
Old 07-12-2020, 06:31 AM   #103
spence

Every president has made questionable pardons, but to commute the sentence of a felon convicted of obstructing multiple investigations factoring your own behavior is as Mitt Romney called it “unprecedented, historic corruption.“
Old 07-12-2020, 07:04 AM   #104
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Every president has made questionable pardons, but to commute the sentence of a felon convicted of obstructing multiple investigations factoring your own behavior is as Mitt Romney called it “unprecedented, historic corruption.“
this is hilarious and romney is a jealous drama queen
Old 07-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #105
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
just sayin'...

"One-time defenders of unsavory Clinton and Obama pardons are outraged by the president’s commutation of his old associate’s 40-month sentence.

Bill Clinton pardoned his own brother for felony distribution of cocaine. And a key witness in the Whitewater scandal for which he and Hillary Clinton were under investigation. And three others convicted in independent counsel Ken Starr’s probe. And Marc Rich, in what was a straight up political payoff. And his CIA director. And his HUD secretary. And eight people convicted in an investigation of his Agriculture Department.

Clinton also commuted the sentences of convicted terrorists, some of whom hadn’t even asked for clemency. Shameless as he was, though, even he couldn’t bring himself to pardon Oscar Lopez Rivera, the defiantly unrepentant FALN leader.

President Obama took care of that.

Obama also commuted the sentence of a U.S. soldier who passed top-secret information to WikiLeaks. He pardoned his former Joint Chiefs of Staff vice chairman, who’d been convicted of making false statements about a leak of classified information to the New York Times. And when he couldn’t get Congress to amend federal drug laws the way he wanted them amended, Obama used the pardon power to slash hundreds of sentences, under an executive initiative later sharply criticized by the Obama-appointed DOJ inspector general.

I can’t get too whipped up over President Trump’s commutation of Roger Stone’s 40-month sentence for non-violent criminal obstruction of a bogusly based and ridiculously over-prosecuted investigation.

Not under circumstances in which jail-house doors have been swung open all over the country by federal, state, and local governments, which are using the coronavirus pandemic as a rationale to release both hardened criminals and elderly convicts (i.e., those around Stone’s age)."
Denial is a wonderful thing... or the ability to only use 1 or 2 pardons from previous adminstrations leave out Bush. And not see a pattern in Trumps 25 pardons and 11 commutations.... just saying

Last edited by wdmso; 07-12-2020 at 07:31 AM..
Old 07-12-2020, 07:27 AM   #106
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Denial is a wonderful thing...
denial?
Old 07-12-2020, 07:33 AM   #107
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
just sayin'...

Here is a perfect example of where I feel independent thinking over partisan politics is needed... I agree that in the grand scope of things, Stone's commutation won't be an important historical event. (Just another example of why this POTUS is a horrible human being.) As for releasing so many from prison? I can see the compassionate argument there. Heck, the 41 year old son of a man I have used as a sub contractor, died in a state run lock up. Three days and he was gone. Dead. He was in for stealing from parking meters.... Not his first offense mind you, but you get my drift. Compassionate releases to fit the crime, I am ok with that. Not ok with the release of the animals who have already raped and killed again, after being released under the pandemic heading.
So what I am trying to portray is that some good old fashioned negotiation skills are needed here, in American government. Neither party has all the answers. We, as a country, still must be able to police and protect the people from the rioting and looting that goes for protesting these days. You don't need to be a police state in order to uphold the laws of the land. I am an independent, but clearly a right leaning independent. Doesn't mean I wont back proposals from the left that I think are viable or needed, just because of who proposed them. Partisan politics is what is wrong with government today, IMHO.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:34 AM   #108
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Must kill you that you promised the boss to tone down your insults, your reaching now. Don’t mistake my distain for this administration for anything else, I love this country and the beauty is I can express my opinion freely and you sir will just have to take it. Your guy is going down as the worst of all time and it’s hard to take I know.
Our guy is the greatest president of our lifetime.
Don’t take that personally

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-12-2020, 07:36 AM   #109
wdmso

Quote:
denial?
yep denial that Trump didn't do anything wrong or unethical or has clearly abused his authority once again ..

I am i wrong
Old 07-12-2020, 07:39 AM   #110
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Please stop with the personal insults Bruce did nothing to you.
How is politely asking a big baby to move out of the Country an insult, and who is Bruce?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #111
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Partisan

definition
politics

A partisan is a committed member of a political party or army. In multi-party systems, the term is used for politicians who strongly support their party's policies and are reluctant to compromise with their political opponents.

It is a head scratcher as to why this behavior is allowed to continue by our elected representatives.... Though supporters from both sides of the aisle will complain about pols lining their own pockets.... It always comes down to money, doesn't it?

Old 07-12-2020, 07:50 AM   #112
scottw

Quote:

Partisan politics is what is wrong with government today, IMHO.
I'd only add...it's what's wrong with EVERYTHING today...EVERYTHING is politicized...the more you depend on government and give it power, which ultimately comes down to politics...the more time you spend focused on the machinations of government so we like Europe and other places continually turn more power over our lives to government then complain, protest, riot...when government doesn't act in ways that we feel are in our best interest...when you centralize government and you put that much power and control over $$$ in the hands of a few....of course government is extremely partisan.......
Old 07-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #113
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
yep denial that Trump didn't do anything wrong or unethical or has clearly abused his authority once again ..

I am i wrong
did he do anything wrong, unethical or clearly abusive in this case?
Old 07-12-2020, 08:31 AM   #114
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Our guy is the greatest president of our lifetime.
Don’t take that personally
Funny how you have felt the need to repeat that statement probably approaching 100 times, is that what you need to do in order to convince yourself of something your rational mind knows isn’t true. It was childish a year ago, now it’s just sad to watch, I’m afraid for your mental heath come November.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:00 AM   #115
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Funny how you have felt the need to repeat that statement probably approaching 100 times, is that what you need to do in order to convince yourself of something your rational mind knows isn’t true. It was childish a year ago, now it’s just sad to watch, I’m afraid for your mental heath come November.
Funny?
Yes
In November we can have 2 outcomes,neither will have any influence on my future nor my happiness. If Trump wins, I promise to make fun of flakes for another 4 years. If Biden wins, I get to laugh for 4 years. Regardless, I will be smiling and thankful for our leadership.

One promise I will make now is to never be a big whining baby because I don’t get my way.��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #116
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I think in a way you are whining like a baby, because your true self is just dying you can’t unleash your usual insults and SD BS. Don’t worry about me, regardless of the outcome of the last election, the next or any future election, my positive outlook on life is unshakable. This country will survive the worst president of our lifetime and any future political hack that gets elected.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:26 AM   #117
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I think in a way you are whining like a baby, because your true self is just dying you can’t unleash your usual insults and SD BS. Don’t worry about me, regardless of the outcome of the last election, the next or any future election, my positive outlook on life is unshakable. This country will survive the worst president of our lifetime and any future political hack that gets elected.
I am not worried about you.
Peg will keep your diapers clean

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #118
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

There is the SD we all know, couldn’t help yourself, just like your guy; neither of you can stop the inner self.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #119
spence

Quote:
Partisan

definition
politics

A partisan is a committed member of a political party or army. In multi-party systems, the term is used for politicians who strongly support their party's policies and are reluctant to compromise with their political opponents.

It is a head scratcher as to why this behavior is allowed to continue by our elected representatives.... Though supporters from both sides of the aisle will complain about pols lining their own pockets.... It always comes down to money, doesn't it?
I think you can point to Newt Gingrich, rise of K street and endless Clinton non scandals as the turning point. Country came together briefly after 9/11 but even that unraveled once the truth became clear. Trump has simply taken it to entirely a new level.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #120
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you can point to Newt Gingrich, rise of K street and endless Clinton non scandals as the turning point. Country came together briefly after 9/11 but even that unraveled once the truth became clear. Trump has simply taken it to entirely a new level.
spoken like a blind partisan