Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
PaulS

Wish I was surprised

NEW YORK (AP) — Tucker Carlson’s top writer has resigned from Fox News after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks online.

CNN reported Friday that writer Blake Neff used a pseudonym to write bigoted comments about Black and Asian people, as well as women, on the online forum AutoAdmit.

Neff began working on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in 2016 and was known as Carlson’s top writer. Neff previously worked as a reporter for the right-wing news outlet The Daily Caller, which Carlson co-founded.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
Nebe

You don’t say..... color me surprised as well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

Thank you for sharing this disturbing news.��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Thank you for sharing this disturbing news.��
I agree it is disturbing to see the amount of people fired from a major news organization
Old 07-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
wdmso

Fox news line up. The 5. Tucker carlson. Hannity, Ingram angle Jessy watters .. take the time to watch these see how much news is covered compared to their open pro Trump messaging.. this is not accidental and its their show and they can cover what they wish..

Its just crazy to see the lengths they'll go to echo the narrative Trump wants. With no concern if its fact or fiction
Old 07-12-2020, 08:11 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

As Jeff said, journalists are supposed to have professional standards. Unfortunately we see less journalism recently and more fiction. Thanks for exposing this rift.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Fox news line up. The 5. Tucker carlson. Hannity, Ingram angle Jessy watters .. take the time to watch these see how much news is covered compared to their open pro Trump messaging.. this is not accidental and its their show and they can cover what they wish..

Its just crazy to see the lengths they'll go to echo the narrative Trump wants. With no concern if its fact or fiction
I'd be very, very curious to know how often you've watched those shows. Not how often you'll say you watch, but how often you actually watch. Watching a montage of clips isn't the same thing.

I watch Tucker Carlson occasionally. He criticizes Trump and Republicans ALL THE TIME. All the time. He regularly calls for incompetent Republicans to be voted out. Show me someone on CNN or MSNBC in prime time that's anywhere near as balanced?

his show is conservative, obviously. but there is no comparison between tucker and hannity or anyone on prime time at cnn or
msnbc. everyone else are pure ideologues.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-13-2020 at 12:40 PM..
Old 07-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'd be very, very curious to know how often you've watched those shows. Not how often you'll say you watch, but how often you actually watch. Watching a montage of clips isn't the same thing.

I watch Tucker Carlson occasionally. He criticizes Trump and Republicans ALL THE TIME. All the time. He regularly calls for incompetent Republicans to be voted out. Show me someone on CNN or MSNBC in prime time that's anywhere near as balanced?

his show is conservative, obviously. but there is no comparison between tucker and hannity or anyone on prime time at cnn or
msnbc. everyone else are pure ideologues.
i wont say i've watched a whole segment .. but i tune in not you tube or sound bites ... your funny just like you if you sprinkle a bit of criticism here or there you and Tucker are Balanced
Old 07-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
i wont say i've watched a whole segment .. but i tune in not you tube or sound bites ... your funny just like you if you sprinkle a bit of criticism here or there you and Tucker are Balanced
kind of hard to figure out what you're saying here, theres some gibberish in there. A typical segment might last 3-5 minutes, and you've never seen a whole segment of Tucker Carlson? Not one? Yet you can comment on his show? Interesting.

Without looking it up, but based just on your own observations, what about Tucker's show makes it unsurprising to you that he had a racist on his staff? And if they embrace racism, why did they fire him?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Tucker Carlson announces he is going to be going on a "long planned" vacation "trout fishing."

Remember when Bill O'Reilly went for a “long planned vacation”? He never came back to his show.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:44 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
kind of hard to figure out what you're saying here, theres some gibberish in there. A typical segment might last 3-5 minutes, and you've never seen a whole segment of Tucker Carlson? Not one? Yet you can comment on his show? Interesting.

Without looking it up, but based just on your own observations, what about Tucker's show makes it unsurprising to you that he had a racist on his staff? And if they embrace racism, why did they fire him?
Never watch Whole show jim. Sorry .. but have watch many of his openingd and guest conversations. His bias is not masked nor is dog whistle..

Why they did not fire him .. his ratings are off the charts he is in deep with supporters who want a world he projects..

Hes more in line with a mega church leader saying what members want to believe �� saw this which describes him to a T

Carlson has become perhaps the highest-profile proponent of “Trumpism” — a blend of anti-immigrant nationalism, economic populism and America First isolationism that he articulates unapologetically..

And like Trump you rush to his defense??

Last edited by wdmso; 07-14-2020 at 10:23 AM..
Old 07-14-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

“Would a reasonable viewer be coming here [to ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’] and thinking, ‘This is where I’m going to be hearing the news of the day’?” Fox News attorney Erin Murphy asked in a hearing-via-telephone on Wednesday, according to reporter Frank G. Runyeons’s story at Law360.com.

Did you get that? If you watch Carlson’s show and think it has anything to do with news, according to Murphy, you’re just not that bright.

And in an earlier court filing, Murphy referred to “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as “hyperbolic opinion commentary,” not “sober factual reporting.” That’s not exactly a surprise — the only surprise is that Fox’s lawyers openly admitted that.

Fox News contends that it doesn’t matter if Carlson accused Karen MacDougal of a crime and got his facts wrong because “Tucker Carlson Tonight” isn’t about facts. When the judge asked Fox’s attorneys, “Does somebody in Mr. Carlson’s position have a duty of inquiry?” — the answer was no.

In other words, Carlson has no responsibility to check the facts before he starts talking on TV.

Blake Neff, a Dartmouth College graduate was recently written about in the college’s alumni magazine, saying about Carlson that “anything he’s reading off the TelePrompter, the first draft was written by me.” He said he and Carlson “see eye-to-eye on most issues.”

Except the horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic ones?

And then some people repeat the baloney as truth, after all they heard it on the "news"

And the reason he's gone fishing up Schitt Creek is Monday’s show featured three ads from Fox fan Mark Lindell and his MyPillow.com site, as well as ads touting Bible bedtime stories, medicine to cure toe fungus and a website selling coronavirus masks.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin