Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
jim sylvester
<><><><><><><>

hotel recommedation hyannis/yarmouth

family spending time in hyannis/yarmouth end of august.

any recommedations for lodging

looking for beach/pool

looking at cape point, bayside resort, and riviera beach resort

has anybofy has experiences with these or any other recommendations

as always, they all look nice online

thanks guys

jim
jim sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Squid kids Dad

Surf & Sand,West Yarmouth is good..Pool & right on the beach

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
chief10
Gone Dark

riviera beach resort

Jim-my cousin/wife has been going here for 10 years with his 3 kids. Loves it. My parents brought my kids and my brother/sisters kids there this year and they loved it. Indoor pool, outdoor pool and beach. A conveinant location to restaurants. My cousin's wife would complain if there was a problem...trust me on that.
chief10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Too bad this wasn't earlier posted this month as I just rented my timeshare in Yarmouth at The Cove, last week in August. Maybe look there although not on beach it has 2 pools, clean, discount rate for seagull beach access still I am pretty sure. P.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
fishbones

I've stayed at the Bayside and Riviera in the past. The Bayside has both an indoor and an outdoor pool. The pro's are that it's very family friendly and the staff is great. There's a small game room with a few video games and a pool table, but it's nothing to write home about. They also have the Moby #^&#^&#^&#^& Pub which can be fun, along with an outdoor bar next to the pool and beach volleyball court. They offer a continental breakfast with pastries, belgian waffles, cereal, yogurt and stuff like that. The cons are that it's not on a beach, just a cove that's not good for swimming. There's also no restaurant on site, but plenty very close.

The Riviera is in a great location and has a beach right on the property. They also have a really cool pool and it's very kid friendly. I can't remember if there's a real restaurant on the property, but we went next door to the other Red Jacket resort and ate at the restaurant there, which was good. If you want to walk out the door and be right at the beach the Riviera is probably where you want to stay.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Cape Point is a great place.. Has the best breaskfast on all of cape cod. Indoor/outdoor pools. Bar upstairs over the pool. Prices don't kill you. We usually stay twice a year.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Moby #^&#^&#^&#^& Pub
Great mudslides!

x2 on fishbones review of Bayside.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote