Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So, if we get less than 200,000 COVID-19 deaths in America, can we all agree that Trump is the greatest president of all time?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #32
Sea Dangles

Sounds like that is the new bar
Old 03-30-2020, 04:01 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
So, if we get less than 200,000 COVID-19 deaths in America, can we all agree that Trump is the greatest president of all time?
depends on how many you are hoping for pete....
Old 03-30-2020, 06:18 AM   #34
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Sounds like that is the new bar
It may be Chris, but I still don't see how the populous is blaming Trump for the virus. He's not the greatest orator we have ever had but I think the guy is trying his best. JMO

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:53 AM   #35
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

wdmso, more than 10,000 americans died from H1N1 when obama was potus.
So, the recently retired (January) head of the National Stockpile, in a report on CBS this morning stated that the amount of PPEs distributed for H1N1, were not replaced due to lack of funds....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 AM   #36
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

War time deaths were predicted in every model done, every step this administration has taken has been late and reactive and not proactive, the war powers act should have been used forcefully a long time back once it was clear (a long time back) this virus had begun to radically expand in the US. Nobody is blaming Trump for the virus, but I believe the inaction and miserable messaging will be responsible for more deaths if hard difficult steps had been taken early on. Jim, hear is your daily opportunity to bring up Comments made on a Trump closing travel from China, I realize how important that is to you, so I’ve teed it up for you to hit it hard.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:37 AM   #37
Sea Dangles

If you weren’t so dumb then you would realize that you put more gifts on the tee.
Day after day you demonstrate just how foolish you are,yet you expect to be taken seriously. The incessant whining and face of fear demonstrates a scared,dumb, bunny 🐰.
As usual
Old 03-30-2020, 09:38 AM   #38
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Do you really think anyone takes your crap seriously, you are in serious denial, but all you can really expect from a pig is a oink oink. I’ve heard enough interviews from state governors, from hospital administrators, from ER staff and talked to my own boys who are tied to this far more closely than you, to know what’s going on. It’s going to get worse, so many businesses are going to fail, the unemployment rate is going to be so high for so long, this economy is so screwed for quite some time. Feel free to call my concern fear if that makes you feel important and if you are struggling to come up with some fresh one liners and childish insults. You continue to show the members your true class and character, you may be a prince face to face, but on this board your a boorish a*sshole.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Never forget

Trump* on Sunday said if only 100,000 Americans die from coronavirus "we all together have done a very good job."

But here's Trump* a month ago bragging how ZERO Americans had died and slamming media for being "hysterical" about the virus threat!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-30-2020, 10:15 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Do you really think anyone takes your crap seriously, you are in serious denial, but all you can really expect from a pig is a oink oink. I’ve heard enough interviews from state governors, from hospital administrators, from ER staff and talked to my own boys who are tied to this far more closely than you, to know what’s going on. It’s going to get worse, so many businesses are going to fail, the unemployment rate is going to be so high for so long, this economy is so screwed for quite some time. Feel free to call my concern fear if that makes you feel important and if you are struggling to come up with some fresh one liners and childish insults. You continue to show the members your true class and character, you may be a prince face to face, but on this board your a boorish a*sshole.
and a lot of people think the economy will recover quite a bit before the end of the year. it all depends on which expert you listen to.

I have no clue what to
expect. if small businesses can literally get free money from
the feds to fund payroll, i’m not sure why many wouldn’t do exactly that. that will help avoid a huge spike in unemployment.

Many people will listen to the expert whose conclusion serves their agenda.

This collapse isn’t a reflection of the fundamental health of our economy. We intentionally shut the economy down. when it’s over, people
will be so anxious to get back to normal, plus most will
have a nice check
from the feds, i expect consumer spending will be through the roof.
Old 03-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #41
Sea Dangles

Quote:
You come off like a frightened little boy who thinks constant complaining will solve problems 🐰

I suggest you get used to it as Sleepy Joe is unlikely to cure your displeasure .

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You come off like a frightened little boy who thinks constant complaining will solve problems ��

I suggest you get used to it as Sleepy Joe is unlikely to cure your displeasure .
Since you think Trump is the best president of our lifetime, let's take a look back at how the past administration handled a potential pandemic and that would have included Sleepy Joe.

So I thought I would throw up a little history lesson for everyone on both sides of the political divide. I think it’s important that we understand the truth, especially come November when it’s time to vote. Forgive the length. But, hey we all have time on our hands to read, right?

In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat. Then there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics and communication.

Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S.

Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.

Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America.

Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we got our first case in the U.S.. That man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas, Texas and had somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola and later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.

The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic. But thanks to the actions of our government under Obama, it never did. Those three cases were the ONLY cases of ebola in our country because Obama did what needed to be done three months before the first case.

Ebola is even more contagious than Covid-19. If he Obama not done these things, millions of Americans would have died awful painful deaths like something out of a horror movie (if you’ve ever seen how Ebola kills, it’s horrific). It’s ironic that BECAUSE President Obama did these things - we forget that he did them, because the disease never reached our shores.

Now the story of Covid 19 and Trump’s response that we know about so far:

Before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China) Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC. And he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country - a position created by the Obama administration.

When the Outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war, why should he help them?

In January he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. He ignored the report, not trusting our own intelligence.

When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a boatload of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. But he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own.

According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.

When Trump knew about the first case in the United States he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”

The next time Trump spoke of Covid-19, we had 64 confirmed cases but Trump went before microphones and told the America public that we only had 15 cases “and pretty soon that number will be close to zero.” All while the disease was spreading. He took no action to get more tests.

What Trump did do is stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late (Jim go ahead I know your ready) and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. by Americans, not Chinese people as Trump would like you to believe.

As of today there are 153,105 CONFIRMED CASES in the U.S. and 2815 deaths. The actual number is undoubtedly much higher. But we don’t know because we have always been behind on testing. Why don’t we have enough tests? Remember back when Trump turned down the tests from the W.H.O. and prevented our own universities from developing them? Remember back when Trump had cut the funding to the CDC?

Every time Mr. Trump goes on camera and blames the previous administration for the mess we are now in and then he turns on reporters from CNN and MSNBC and others claiming they sensationalizing this crisis.

I agree there is a large amount of blame China owns, after all, the disease started there. The Chinese government handled it poorly and dishonestly. So it’s fair to blame the government of China for the EXISTENCE of the Covid-19 virus. BUT THAT MISSES THE POINT. Obama didn’t blame Ebola on Guinea. He helped them stop it. Trump let the disease invade the U.S.

He is still not doing all he could to save lives and the taunting of reporters and irresponsible messaging isn't helping. He talked for weeks about invoking The Defense Production Act, then when he did so he didn't take advantage of its power. That delay is why the right equipment and know-how to start producing life saving ventilators for our hospitals, protective masks and other gear for our front line health workers is now in catch-up mode, as has this administration from the beginning.

In 2018, Trump administration eliminated the position of senior director for global health security and biodefense as part of a broader downsizing of the NSC spearheaded by then-National Security Adviser John Bolton. Earlier this month, 27 Democratic senators sent a letter to current National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien urging him to reinstate the position and asking him to clarify how the White House plans to handle global health security threats

The best president of our lifetime would have been out in front of this, not playing catch-up and holding rallies daily instead of focusing in on the facts Americans want to hear.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #43
Jim in CT

GS, there are people at the CDC who deny that Trump disbanded that team. That was quite the balanced critique of the two administrations you posted there. Did Pete write that? Spence?

"What Trump did do is stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late (Jim go ahead I know your ready) and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors"

According to your scientists and doctors. Other scientists and doctors, say it accomplished a great deal.

Here is a piece in the Washington POst, an uber-liberal paper, saying Trump did not disband the pandemic team at the CDC. Written by a guy who was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...sponse-office/

Here, Dr Fauci, who liberals here have praised for being critical of Trump at times, praises the travel ban from China...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dr-fau...disaster-in-us

Great post, GS. Really great...you're coming completely un-glued. Trump isn't a Messiah, he isn't even a good person. But he's not a grossly incompetent, Darth Vader-type villain either. The truth is in between, as always. You are absolutely hysterical, immediately embracing anti anti-Trump tidbits you come across. Be careful doing that. If you read that Trump kidnapped the Lindburgh baby, you'd post it here, saying "see? see? I told you he was a psychopath!"

Just read the article, the author was clearly competing with some heree for most frequent Obama masturbator, and denied all kinds of facts to attack everything about Trump. Whoever wrote that, is a lunatic, liberal hack.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-30-2020 at 03:21 PM..
Old 03-30-2020, 03:19 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Since you think Trump is the best president of our lifetime, let's take a look back at how the past administration handled a potential pandemic and that would have included Sleepy Joe.

So I thought I would throw up a little history lesson for everyone on both sides of the political divide. I think it’s important that we understand the truth, especially come November when it’s time to vote. Forgive the length. But, hey we all have time on our hands to read, right?

In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat. Then there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics and communication.

Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S.

Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.

Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America.

Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we got our first case in the U.S.. That man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas, Texas and had somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola and later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.

The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic. But thanks to the actions of our government under Obama, it never did. Those three cases were the ONLY cases of ebola in our country because Obama did what needed to be done three months before the first case.

Ebola is even more contagious than Covid-19. If he Obama not done these things, millions of Americans would have died awful painful deaths like something out of a horror movie (if you’ve ever seen how Ebola kills, it’s horrific). It’s ironic that BECAUSE President Obama did these things - we forget that he did them, because the disease never reached our shores.

Now the story of Covid 19 and Trump’s response that we know about so far:

Before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China) Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC. And he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country - a position created by the Obama administration.

When the Outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war, why should he help them?

In January he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. He ignored the report, not trusting our own intelligence.

When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a boatload of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. But he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own.

According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.

When Trump knew about the first case in the United States he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”

The next time Trump spoke of Covid-19, we had 64 confirmed cases but Trump went before microphones and told the America public that we only had 15 cases “and pretty soon that number will be close to zero.” All while the disease was spreading. He took no action to get more tests.

What Trump did do is stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late (Jim go ahead I know your ready) and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. by Americans, not Chinese people as Trump would like you to believe.

As of today there are 153,105 CONFIRMED CASES in the U.S. and 2815 deaths. The actual number is undoubtedly much higher. But we don’t know because we have always been behind on testing. Why don’t we have enough tests? Remember back when Trump turned down the tests from the W.H.O. and prevented our own universities from developing them? Remember back when Trump had cut the funding to the CDC?

Every time Mr. Trump goes on camera and blames the previous administration for the mess we are now in and then he turns on reporters from CNN and MSNBC and others claiming they sensationalizing this crisis.

I agree there is a large amount of blame China owns, after all, the disease started there. The Chinese government handled it poorly and dishonestly. So it’s fair to blame the government of China for the EXISTENCE of the Covid-19 virus. BUT THAT MISSES THE POINT. Obama didn’t blame Ebola on Guinea. He helped them stop it. Trump let the disease invade the U.S.

He is still not doing all he could to save lives and the taunting of reporters and irresponsible messaging isn't helping. He talked for weeks about invoking The Defense Production Act, then when he did so he didn't take advantage of its power. That delay is why the right equipment and know-how to start producing life saving ventilators for our hospitals, protective masks and other gear for our front line health workers is now in catch-up mode, as has this administration from the beginning.

In 2018, Trump administration eliminated the position of senior director for global health security and biodefense as part of a broader downsizing of the NSC spearheaded by then-National Security Adviser John Bolton. Earlier this month, 27 Democratic senators sent a letter to current National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien urging him to reinstate the position and asking him to clarify how the White House plans to handle global health security threats

The best president of our lifetime would have been out in front of this, not playing catch-up and holding rallies daily instead of focusing in on the facts Americans want to hear.
🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀 🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀
A lot of whine deserves a lot of cheese.
🐰

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #45
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Game show host trying to control a pandemic, what could possibly go wrong, each daily briefing he appears to be getting more unhinged, he probably wishes he could yell cut to the director.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #46
Sea Dangles

I would suggest the same for you but whiners gonna whine.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:03 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump did not "stop" flights from China. The order only temporarily barred entry by foreign nationals who had traveled in China within the previous 14 days, with exceptions for the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
This wording did not—at all—stop people from arriving in America from China. In fact, for much of the crisis, flights from China landed in America almost daily filled with people who had been in China, but did not fit the category as Trump’s “travel ban” defined it.
Most major airlines had already suspended flights to China prior to the announcement on Jan. 31, following the lead of several major international carriers that had stopped due to the coronavirus outbreak. Delta, American and United cited a sharp drop in demand for the flights, and an earlier State Department advisory told Americans not to travel to China because of the outbreak.

Europe was the same.

Trump* disbanded the pandemic team at NSC, not CDC.
As usual the Trump* media has seized on something a blogger mistakenly posted and has claimed it is true for all opposition.

Perhaps they should not believe and repeat everything they read on the internet claiming that all of the opposition believe it.

But that would not fit the narrative and soon all would see that the Emperor had no clothes.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Game show host trying to control a pandemic, what could possibly go wrong, each daily briefing he appears to be getting more unhinged, he probably wishes he could yell cut to the director.
Makes you wonder, then, why it's not so much worse than it is. And how on Earth did he get the economy where it is/was? How did he do a decent job with national security, fighting the jihadists?

He has had some terrible briefings. The results of our policies, aren't terrible - yet. GS, what's more important to you in an executive - the style of his speeches, or the results he produces? Just sayin...

He also has a world-class ability to get his opponents to literally blow a gasket and start foaming at the mouth.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Makes you wonder, then, why it's not so much worse than it is. And how on Earth did he get the economy where it is/was? How did he do a decent job with national security, fighting the jihadists?

He has had some terrible briefings. The results of our policies, aren't terrible - yet. GS, what's more important to you in an executive - the style of his speeches, or the results he produces? Just sayin...

He also has a world-class ability to get his opponents to literally blow a gasket and start foaming at the mouth.
You mean worse than the fifteen soon to be zero?
Old 03-30-2020, 05:01 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:

Game show host trying to control a pandemic.
you are terribly bitter....it's not healthy...think of your immune system
Old 03-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
You mean worse than the fifteen soon to be zero?
I don't know what 15 soon to be 0 is. I do know that the uber liberal Washington post, rejects your claim that Trump disbanded the pandemic team at the CDC, and I know that Dr Fauci says his travel ban helped. You made it sound like no reasonable person could object to your opinion that he did disband that team, and that restricting travel had no effect.

Calm down, put the Kool Aid down, and take a couple of deep breaths.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:04 PM   #52
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you are terribly bitter....it's not healthy...think of your immune system
Heathy for who, you guys crack me up, like we have an audience of thousands tuning in to what six fisherman think about this pandemic, too funny.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:08 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:

Calm down, put the Kool Aid down, and take a couple of deep breaths.
everybody drink
Old 03-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #54
scottw

Quote:

I don't know what 15 soon to be 0 is.
me neither...
Old 03-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Just another Trump* lie
On February 27th