Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 06-14-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
wdmso

North wind

went out not expecting much with a North wind.. i got a lights out morning instead breaking bass all around me .lost a monster managed 1 keeper and 3 in 38 in range.. out at 5 am back in the driveway 730am

Had one smash a bone spook and nearly pulled to rod out of the boat that i had laid down while moving something..else

Had plenty of boats in the same area not sure how they missed seeing what i was in the middle of .. had one guy watching me while they were breaking on his port side . He just waved and left.. ?? PS are ray and I the only people fishing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200614_061105.jpg (120.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 20200614_061633.jpg (121.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by wdmso; 06-14-2020 at 02:54 PM..
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:04 AM   #2
Guppy
User

Geeesh ! You’re killing it,,, nice work Wayne
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

I set out early yesterday to go down to the dump and troll up some tunas. I gets below the islands and the wind had just enough E mixed in to make it squishy. Pulled the plug about 25 miles out as I made a vow years ago to not fish down there with any East wind while it’s blowing pretty good. I must be wicked smart now because I listened to myself.
Back to the dock by 630. Switched gear for a day of fluking. The beer was still cold.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #4
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I set out early yesterday to go down to the dump and troll up some tunas. I gets below the islands and the wind had just enough E mixed in to make it squishy. Pulled the plug about 25 miles out as I made a vow years ago to not fish down there with any East wind while it’s blowing pretty good. I must be wicked smart now because I listened to myself.
Back to the dock by 630. Switched gear for a day of fluking. The beer was still cold.
Got the same surprise when I got to the dock yesterday. It was more than “some” East in Stonington, put a bit of a damper on an otherwise gorgeous day
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:28 AM   #5
wdmso

Went out last night wasn't the North wind was Sw forecast was for 5 Knts was all of a solid 12 to 15 .. the bay was full of sail boats. Seems I need their forecasts they knew.
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:51 AM   #6
JFigliuolo

1. Sailflow is GENERALLY pretty accurate (I find Quonset Airport location the best for the overall bay (and oceanfront actually).
2. When the prevailing wind is S, SW, and it's a nice sunny day, the SW is going to be honking in the late afternoon and evening. I've been burned more than a few times afterwork when the forecast was 5-10 S/SW. So much so, that I PLAN on it being 15+ and choose my areas appropriately.

Last edited by JFigliuolo; 06-18-2020 at 07:28 AM..

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement -- Keith Benning
JFigliuolo is offline   Reply With Quote