Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
the science showed what was coming.
then why did Biden, the one you’re going to vote for, call Trump a xenophobe for restricting travel from China?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #92
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

In the middle of a global pandemic, our “leader” spends twenty minutes of his press conference complaining about the money the Trump family has lost running for president, thank you Donald for making my case on the pathetic messaging.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:50 PM   #93
detbuch

Quote:
In the middle of a global pandemic, our “leader” spends twenty minutes of his press conference complaining about the money the Trump family has lost running for president, thank you Donald for making my case on the pathetic messaging.
He's not allowed to talk about other things. And you're an authority on what and how he is supposed to say? Congratulations for thinking so highly of your own "case."
Old 03-22-2020, 06:59 PM   #94
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Pour little rich kid, had to spend so much of Daddy’s money to get elected, I’m sure all the scared concerned parents, students and their vulnerable parents take comfort in knowing the a Trump family is fiscally ok while our economy melts down.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #95
Sea Dangles

Scared little bunny🙄
Old 03-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #96
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
then why did Biden, the one you’re going to vote for, call Trump a xenophobe for restricting travel from China?
Because he didn’t, do the work Jim.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:07 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Because he didn’t, do the work Jim.
“hysterical xenophobia...”

https://nationalfile.com/flashback-b...as-xenophobia/
Old 03-22-2020, 10:23 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
Apparently, you didn't actually hear the press briefing. It wasn't in the middle of the briefing, it was toward the end of it, and it wasn't 20 minutes as you state, more like 5 or 6. And it was in response to a pointed, bit nasty, question (considering the collapse of the stock market) if he was profiting from stocks. He calmly explained that, no he did not make money off of stocks, he isn't invested in stocks. And contrary to your notion that he complained about how much money he lost running for President and even more while being President, he said he was very happy he did it. Essentially, and contrary to your narrative that it is all selfishly about him, it was worth being able to serve the country and to help it and the American people.

The whole press conference (about an hour and a half) was well "messaged" with a temperate tone, authoritative commentary with details of the administration plans, and with the proper amount of caution and understanding that it is a crisis, but without the gloom and doom, and with the confidence that we will, together, win the war with this virus, and the economy will come back strong due to a pent up demand.

I don't know how that makes your case. Actually, your whole characterization of him (his "messaging," and this press briefing in particular) seems to be way off--as if your listening to voices in your anti-Trump head (I know you said that you're not merely regurgitating media and political narrative but are thinking for yourself).

Last edited by detbuch; 03-22-2020 at 11:06 PM..
Old 03-23-2020, 06:27 AM   #99
spence

Quote:
“hysterical xenophobia...”

https://nationalfile.com/flashback-b...as-xenophobia/
Watch the video, apply your critical thinker instead of being told what to believe.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #100
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Apparently, you didn't actually hear the press briefing. It wasn't in the middle of the briefing, it was toward the end of it, and it wasn't 20 minutes as you state, more like 5 or 6. And it was in response to a pointed, bit nasty, question (considering the collapse of the stock market) if he was profiting from stocks. He calmly explained that, no he did not make money off of stocks, he isn't invested in stocks. And contrary to your notion that he complained about how much money he lost running for President and even more while being President, he said he was very happy he did it. Essentially, and contrary to your narrative that it is all selfishly about him, it was worth being able to serve the country and to help it and the American people.

The whole press conference (about an hour and a half) was well "messaged" with a temperate tone, authoritative commentary with details of the administration plans, and with the proper amount of caution and understanding that it is a crisis, but without the gloom and doom, and with the confidence that we will, together, win the war with this virus, and the economy will come back strong due to a pent up demand.

I don't know how that makes your case. Actually, your whole characterization of him (his "messaging," and this press briefing in particular) seems to be way off--as if your listening to voices in your anti-Trump head (I know you said that you're not merely regurgitating media and political narrative but are thinking for yourself).
Predictable defense and once off script, Trump ALWAYS shows his true colors and the nasty is standing behind the podium. The script this time around was to repair the damages from the pathetic (king of nasty) Friday news conference. I said it before, I understand strong diehard Trump supports hear what they want to hear, so I expect the defense will be as it has been throughout his term. Consider also that it has only been recently that his scripted news conferences have actually reflected something closer to reality. Look at the comments (off script and real Trump) from the beginning highlighted in the graph I posted, only the stark reality and likely the pleading of the science experts finally got him to admit this is serious.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:33 AM   #101
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Scared little bunny🙄
The only thing scaring me is this crappy weather keeping me off the golf course, don’t want to lose this mid 70’s roll I’m on lately, want to lock it in for the better weather.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:37 AM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

Fauci’s going to get fired. He’s been way too honest in interviews this weekend.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #103
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Wouldn’t surprise me this administration aka swamp, is where good people visit only briefly before they either decide to move on or are thankful they are asked to leave.
Old 03-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #104
PaulS

Quote:
So now Dr. Fauci is a liar.
He didn't claim Fauci was a liar.

Fauci gets frank about Trump: ‘I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down’

Amid the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic, Anthony S. Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been charged with a herculean task: trying to keep President Trump’s public statements about the novel virus rooted in fact.

Now it appears that Fauci’s frustration is showing.

When asked Sunday by Science magazine’s Jon Cohen about having to stand in front of the nation as “the representative of truth and facts” when “things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual,” the 79-year-old said there is only so much he can do.

“I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down,” Fauci said, referencing Trump. “OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.”

The frank comment was just one part of a remarkable Q&A published Sunday night in which Fauci shed light on his relationship with Trump, how the pair handles their differences and what happens before each coronavirus task force news conference.

On more than one occasion, Fauci, described by The Washington Post’s Ellen McCarthy and Ben Terris as “the grandfatherly captain of the corona#^&virus crisis,” has found himself in the uncomfortable position of having to publicly contradict the president — a risky action that could conceivably jeopardize the scientist’s job.

Fauci acknowledged as much on Sunday.

“To my knowledge, I haven’t been fired,” he told Cohen, laughing.

Most recently, Fauci has sought to temper Trump’s comments touting an old anti-malarial drug as a potential treatment for covid-19. At a news conference Friday, one day after Trump called the medicine a possible “game-changer,” Fauci said the only evidence of the drug’s promise so far has been “anecdotal,” adding, “So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

In an appearance on “Face the Nation” Sunday, Fauci downplayed the disagreement, telling CBS’s Margaret Brennan that “there isn’t, fundamentally, a difference” between his view and Trump’s on fighting the virus.

“I was taking a purely medical, scientific standpoint and the president was trying to bring hope to the people,” he said.

CNN LFauci attempted to strike the same diplomatic approach in his interview with Science magazine, saying that though he and Trump sometimes disagree, the president does listen to him “on substantive issues.”

But Fauci admitted that the two stray when it comes to Trump’s delivery of the critical messages.

“It is expressed in a way that I would not express it, because it could lead to some misunderstanding about what the facts are about a given subject,” he said.

Never, for example, has Fauci used “China virus” or " Chinese virus” to refer to covid-19, despite Trump’s repeated usage and defense of such labels. Critics have slammed the language as racist and diversionary, warning that it could lead to an uptick of anti-Asian sentiment in the United States.

“And you never will, will you?” Cohen asked.

“No,” Fauci answered.

Cohen also pressed Fauci on Trump making statements that don’t “comport with facts,” calling attention to the president’s recent misleading suggestion that China could have revealed details of the outbreak “three or four months” earlier.

“I know, but what do you want me to do?,” Fauci responded. “I mean, seriously Jon, let’s get real, what do you want me to do?”

After Trump made the remark about China at Saturday’s briefing, Fauci said he informed “the appropriate people” of the inaccuracy.

“The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he’s going to say, they will say, by the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don’t say that,” he said.

Fauci later provided a behind-the-scenes look at how the task force advises Trump ahead of his daily news conferences.

“We sit down for an hour and a half, go over all the issues on the agenda,” Fauci said, adding that the group also discusses what they want to emphasize to the public that day before meeting with Trump.

“Then we go in to see the president, we present [our consensus] to him and somebody writes a speech,” he explained. “Then he gets up and ad-libs on his speech. And then we’re up there to try and answer questions.”

Fauci appeared to make his qualms with Trump’s ad-libs known at Friday’s news conference when he was seen covering his face and struggling to maintain his composure after the president mentioned the “Deep State Department.”

Asked if he was criticized for the gesture, Fauci said “no comment.”

The scientist also took issue with Trump’s decision to continue shaking hands at public events and the lack of physical separation at the daily briefings.

While Fauci credited Vice President Pence with keeping people apart during task force meetings, the situation onstage in the press briefing room, where officials are often standing in close quarters, “is a bit more problematic.”

“I keep saying, is there any way we can get a virtual press conference,” he said. “Thus far, no. But when you’re dealing with the White House, sometimes you have to say things 1,2,3,4 times, and then it happens. So I’m going to keep pushing.”

By early Monday, Fauci’s comments were circulating widely on social media with many remarking on his candor.

The Q&A with Science magazine came on the heels of two other illuminating interviews Fauci did that came out over the weekend, prompting some to worry that he might endangering his position.

“Fauci’s going to get fired,” tweeted journalist Joe Nocera. “He’s been way too honest in interviews this weekend.”

But, in a recent interview with the Atlantic published Sunday, Fauci said he didn’t anticipate losing his position.

“I don’t think they’re going to try to silence me. I think that would be foolish on their part,” he said. “I think, in some respects, they welcome my voice out there telling the truth. I’m going to keep doing it. And no matter what happens to me, I’m going to keep doing it.”
Old 03-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #105
wdmso

Notice all the Senate Republicans who now are self quarantined and wont have to vote on the Senate Bill?

And a side note notice how Tump has turned his virus update into a mini rallies attacking the media , Mitt Romney and others
Old 03-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #106
PaulS

He laughed at Romney self isolation - what a vile person.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:45 AM   #107
scottw

try to be team players....this will all end at some point...don't be the people that bitched and moaned the entire time, it's no help to anyone....carry on
Old 03-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #108
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He didn't claim Fauci was a liar.

Fauci gets frank about Trump: ‘I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down’

Amid the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic, Anthony S. Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been charged with a herculean task: trying to keep President Trump’s public statements about the novel virus rooted in fact.

Now it appears that Fauci’s frustration is showing.

When asked Sunday by Science magazine’s Jon Cohen about having to stand in front of the nation as “the representative of truth and facts” when “things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual,” the 79-year-old said there is only so much he can do.

“I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down,” Fauci said, referencing Trump. “OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.”

The frank comment was just one part of a remarkable Q&A published Sunday night in which Fauci shed light on his relationship with Trump, how the pair handles their differences and what happens before each coronavirus task force news conference.

On more than one occasion, Fauci, described by The Washington Post’s Ellen McCarthy and Ben Terris as “the grandfatherly captain of the corona#^&virus crisis,” has found himself in the uncomfortable position of having to publicly contradict the president — a risky action that could conceivably jeopardize the scientist’s job.

Fauci acknowledged as much on Sunday.

“To my knowledge, I haven’t been fired,” he told Cohen, laughing.

Most recently, Fauci has sought to temper Trump’s comments touting an old anti-malarial drug as a potential treatment for covid-19. At a news conference Friday, one day after Trump called the medicine a possible “game-changer,” Fauci said the only evidence of the drug’s promise so far has been “anecdotal,” adding, “So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

In an appearance on “Face the Nation” Sunday, Fauci downplayed the disagreement, telling CBS’s Margaret Brennan that “there isn’t, fundamentally, a difference” between his view and Trump’s on fighting the virus.

“I was taking a purely medical, scientific standpoint and the president was trying to bring hope to the people,” he said.

CNN LFauci attempted to strike the same diplomatic approach in his interview with Science magazine, saying that though he and Trump sometimes disagree, the president does listen to him “on substantive issues.”

But Fauci admitted that the two stray when it comes to Trump’s delivery of the critical messages.

“It is expressed in a way that I would not express it, because it could lead to some misunderstanding about what the facts are about a given subject,” he said.

Never, for example, has Fauci used “China virus” or " Chinese virus” to refer to covid-19, despite Trump’s repeated usage and defense of such labels. Critics have slammed the language as racist and diversionary, warning that it could lead to an uptick of anti-Asian sentiment in the United States.

“And you never will, will you?” Cohen asked.

“No,” Fauci answered.

Cohen also pressed Fauci on Trump making statements that don’t “comport with facts,” calling attention to the president’s recent misleading suggestion that China could have revealed details of the outbreak “three or four months” earlier.

“I know, but what do you want me to do?,” Fauci responded. “I mean, seriously Jon, let’s get real, what do you want me to do?”

After Trump made the remark about China at Saturday’s briefing, Fauci said he informed “the appropriate people” of the inaccuracy.

“The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he’s going to say, they will say, by the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don’t say that,” he said.

Fauci later provided a behind-the-scenes look at how the task force advises Trump ahead of his daily news conferences.

“We sit down for an hour and a half, go over all the issues on the agenda,” Fauci said, adding that the group also discusses what they want to emphasize to the public that day before meeting with Trump.

“Then we go in to see the president, we present [our consensus] to him and somebody writes a speech,” he explained. “Then he gets up and ad-libs on his speech. And then we’re up there to try and answer questions.”

Fauci appeared to make his qualms with Trump’s ad-libs known at Friday’s news conference when he was seen covering his face and struggling to maintain his composure after the president mentioned the “Deep State Department.”

Asked if he was criticized for the gesture, Fauci said “no comment.”

The scientist also took issue with Trump’s decision to continue shaking hands at public events and the lack of physical separation at the daily briefings.

While Fauci credited Vice President Pence with keeping people apart during task force meetings, the situation onstage in the press briefing room, where officials are often standing in close quarters, “is a bit more problematic.”

“I keep saying, is there any way we can get a virtual press conference,” he said. “Thus far, no. But when you’re dealing with the White House, sometimes you have to say things 1,2,3,4 times, and then it happens. So I’m going to keep pushing.”

By early Monday, Fauci’s comments were circulating widely on social media with many remarking on his candor.

The Q&A with Science magazine came on the heels of two other illuminating interviews Fauci did that came out over the weekend, prompting some to worry that he might endangering his position.

“Fauci’s going to get fired,” tweeted journalist Joe Nocera. “He’s been way too honest in interviews this weekend.”

But, in a recent interview with the Atlantic published Sunday, Fauci said he didn’t anticipate losing his position.

“I don’t think they’re going to try to silence me. I think that would be foolish on their part,” he said. “I think, in some respects, they welcome my voice out there telling the truth. I’m going to keep doing it. And no matter what happens to me, I’m going to keep doing it.”
I read that article today. It didn't address the timeliness of testing kits issue--which was one of the key reasons for this thread. On that issue, Fauci unequivocally said that Trump was not responsible for the delay and did not correct Trump's version of why, basically agreeing with him.

Trump should try to cut down on his "ad libs." Probably won't happen. So long as the experts on his team, such as Fauci, make any necessary corrections or clarifications, it shouldn't be a problem.

I know how these interviews w/agenda go. Ask only questions that might bias heavily toward making Trump look bad. And then further edit in that direction and use slanted words, etc.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #109
PaulS

Quote:

I know how these interviews w/agenda go. Ask only questions that might bias heavily toward making Trump look bad. And then further edit in that direction and use slanted words, etc.
Any chief executive (never mind the Pres. of the US) should be able to turn any question around and come up with a positive response.

Unfortunately, Pres Trump can't hold his temper and responds like a little child and resorts to insults. Can't even craft a response to "what do you tell the people who are afraid". A question that Bush and Obama answered dozens of times.

I don't want a Pres. where we have to expect the experts on his team to clarify his remarks or make corrections. If he doesn't know the answers any good manager would turn to the expert and say "can you address that question" instead of saying something that is incorrect.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:52 AM   #110
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
try to be team players....this will all end at some point...don't be the people that bitched and moaned the entire time, it's no help to anyone....carry on
oh the sweet irony.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:58 AM   #111
Sea Dangles

Who is snarky now?
Old 03-23-2020, 10:18 AM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Any chief executive (never mind the Pres. of the US) should be able to turn any question around and come up with a positive response.

Trump has done that many times. He did that in the Sunday 1 and a half hour Press briefing.

Unfortunately, Pres Trump can't hold his temper and responds like a little child and resorts to insults.

I haven't watched or heard or read all of Trump's responses. Have you? Other than headlines and picked comments by Trump naysayers? In most that I have, he was not actually angry very often. I realize, by the way you characterize members on this site as being angry when they are not, that you would probably perceive him as angry if that's what you wanted. Nor did I observe him acting like a child. Again, you loosely call folks here childish when they're not, so I can see how, by your definition, whatever that may be, you would think Trump is. He does, pretty effectively, insult those who insult him. To me, he appears to be quite nice and respectable to those who treat him likewise, and to those he is trying to make a deal with.

Can't even craft a response to "what do you tell the people who are afraid". A question that Bush and Obama answered dozens of times.

In Sunday's presser he tried to calm fears,(as he did in others and was criticized for not telling the truth). Is this some kind of litmus question that determines qualification for being President?

I don't want a Pres. where we have to expect the experts on his team to clarify his remarks or make corrections. If he doesn't know the answers any good manager would turn to the expert and say "can you address that question" instead of saying something that is incorrect.
He has done that many times in Press briefs, as he did, very effectively in the long Sunday presser. I don't expect him to be correct every time. That's unrealistic. Biden, who appears to be the Dem candidate, is wrong or misspoken, a whole lot. Bush and Obama who you mentioned above, were criticized often for being wrong or misspoken--even lying.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-23-2020 at 10:24 AM..
Old 03-23-2020, 10:22 AM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:

Unfortunately, Pres Trump can't hold his temper and responds like a little child and resorts to insults. Can't even craft a response to "what do you tell the people who are afraid". A question that Bush and Obama answered dozens of times.

totally agree that his immediate response will
be that of a vindictive baby.

how about his policies, do those matter at all, or is delivery all that matters now. He restricted travel from china which obviously helped, and got called a xenophobe.

And even CNNs Jake Tapper
explicitly said that Trump didn’t call the virus a hoax, he was talking about the media response.

i agree Trump is a vindictive baby, but maybe if the media could
stop lying and be accurate for two consecutive seconds where he’s concerned, that would help.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #114
PaulS

Quote:
if the media could stop lying and be accurate for two consecutive seconds where he’s concerned, that would help.
So he didn't down play the virus for a few weeks until he then said he knew it was a pandemic all along?
Old 03-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #115
detbuch

Quote:
So he didn't down play the virus for a few weeks until he then said he knew it was a pandemic all along?
I never got, from his words, that the virus was not a serious threat. I got that he tried to calm fears. But we were constantly being bombarded by experts and media of what precautions we should take and that Trump agreed with. And that we could mitigate the effects of the virus if we took them. I don't recall the Dems playing it up from the start. They criticized Trump, as Jim keeps reminding us, for so quickly making a travel ban from China. That criticism downplayed the threat. How was Trump's ban down playing? Sounded like a defense against a serious threat.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #116
PaulS

C&P from an earlier post

an. 22: “It’s going to be just fine. We have it totally under control.”

Jan. 24 (tweet):China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment

Feb. 7 (tweet):Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but.......he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

Feb. 10: “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

Feb. 19: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”

Feb. 24 (tweet): The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

Feb 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it & the people that have it are getting better. Theyre all getting better. As far as what we’re doing with the new virus I think that we’re doing a great job”

Feb. 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

Feb. 28: “I think it’s really going well. … We’re prepared for the worst, but we think we’re going to be very fortunate."

Feb. 28: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 28: “This is their new hoax.”

March 4: “Some people will have this at a very light level and won’t even go to a doctor or hospital, and they’ll get better. There are many people like that.”

March 9 (tweet): The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

March 9 (tweet): “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”

March 12: “It’s going to go away. The US, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”

March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

March 16: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world.”

March 17: “I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic … I’ve felt that it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
Old 03-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #117
scottw

Quote:
oh the sweet irony.
if it made you smile then I am happy...
Old 03-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #118
spence

Quote:
I never got, from his words, that the virus was not a serious threat.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
totally agree that his immediate response will be that of a vindictive baby.

Really? His responses seem to be calculated for effect. Even you say that Trump's lives in the Dems head, or something like that.

if the media could
stop lying and be accurate for two consecutive seconds where he’s concerned, that would help.
And that is the germ that breeds his calculated responses.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #120
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wasn't difficult.