Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #31
FishermanTim

Lack of staffing and enforcement of the laws seems to be one of the major issues. Maybe if they start by REALLY enforcing the laws, and confiscate ALL the gear related to the crime (meaning rods, reels tackle and even watercraft) and then have the items auctioned off, they could get additional funding with contributions made from the very cause they are fighting. It wouln't be a permanenty/long term solution, but would get things moving in the right direction.
Imaging a poacher loosing his gear, paying a fine and then trying to buy his gear back again? That would be one possible answer.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #32
EarnedStripes44

Sometimes, late at night, I fish the Saugus River mouth. I see lots of other fishermen (predominantly southeast Asian) and I see them retain undersize fish all the time. 2 weeks ago, around a midnight high slack tide a blitz commenced, all schoolies. I saw 12 fish all <20 inch poached in less than 20 minutes. It is a bit unnerving consdering I have been catching consistently smaller fish this season. More to that, these fishermen, seem to keep anything they pull out of the water, dogfish, toadfish and eels. I guess when your fishing to eat, ethics are thrown to the wind, but- when you include the price of bait, gas money spent, tackle and cigarettes, it would be cheaper to buy farm raised striped bass or whole bluefish out of Demoula's.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #33
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Angry

DEPORT THEM ALL!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #34
bttfish

I hate it when a few morons of my race decided to break the law and give us all a bad name. John R. is correct.. Asians are not the only offenders. I have confronted folks that kept and kill under size fishes. Of course, I usually just say "You know, that is too small. Is it worth all your fishing equipment and fines when the environment police catch you?" Then I walk away... It is not smart to confront anyone.. You do not know what they have in their boxes or under their clothes.. Guns and knives can be easily concealed. Trust me.. I am trained in that field.

Anyway, My brother and myself love fishing and we do learned and used lures that we brought from some of you. We do not keep undersize fish.. We simply snap a photo and let it go on its merry way...

We do keep a couple of Blues (3lbs) since it has no size limit.. Up till now, we have not caught any legal size Stripers.. all Schoolies so far.. and All released..

so! do not let a few morons create a hate for us asians.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #35
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttfish View Post

pffft. "a few morons?!!!!!!"

biggest load of bullshat.

they (slant eyed slope d*nks) have infested every bridge and rockpile between between goat island and watch hill. they ruin everything with their litter, excrement, and nasty smelling vittles.

it's an invasion. hell, we don't need DEP, we need the friggin INS to come in and enforce our poaching laws.

Last edited by fishpoopoo; 06-27-2007 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: no mo yanki my wanki

Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #36
NIGHT STRIKES

Quote:

This is true bttfish,, I would never extend my feelings towards the many law-abiding citizens of any race...It upsets me more of the "fact" thats going on then the "culprits" doing it...

I don't know what exactly is going on around my particuliar area but I have a idea and it either involves a oversea's market or local restaurant..
Not too long ago one of our partyboats in the same area was snagged in a opertaion of poaching undersized "live" Tautog
by a group of certian individuals ...
The capt./owner of the boat we believe was also involved.. Fines were handed down after a undercover sting caught a bunch of them
but this boat is still in business today..
Old 06-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #37
teaser
Wave Jumper

Here's my thoughts on poaching ...

1st offense = cut off a finger from each hand, and take all their gear.

2nd offense = cut off a hand, and take all their gear.

3rd offense = cut off a leg, take all their gear and their vehicle because now they can't drive anyway.

4th offense = SHOOT 'EM IN THE HEAD!

oh, and take all their gear.

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #38
bttfish

I agreed Bassturb. Maybe more than a few but not all..
Being a racist @ss isn't a way to get thru life.
Fortunately for most of us, we are not all ignorants and racist.

I think a big fine should be on the first offense.. Only way to teach anyone a lesson is to hit them where it hurts.. In the wallet.
Take their gears/tackles, big fine ($100.00/fish), suspend licenses.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #39
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Angry

model minority, my a$$.

we shouldn't give the yellow peril of this nation ONE INCH.

take BACK our country!

next thing you know they'll start heading down the srippely srope of meth peddring, plostitution and sravely, and irregar gambring operations. all this on top of poop and rittel coveled beaches!

we'll all be kowtowing to triad masters over the next decade, mark my word.

nip it in the bud (pun intended) before it gets worse!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #40
ilovetwofish

Quote:
I agreed Bassturb. Maybe more than a few but not all..
.Only way to teach anyone a lesson is to hit them where it hurts..
I was thinking more like in the jaw!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #41
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

hit them berow the bert?

not gonna work on them rice richards.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #42
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Ben, take it easy with the name calling will ya, this is a friendly site. chill with the generalizations about your ancestors

education goes a long way, no need for salt water license , just education and enforcement for the ignorant.

good for you ilovetwofish

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Wink

RMAO.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #44
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Btfish -

We'll said. I think any race could of been substituted here an the responses would of been exactly the same.

Ice
Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #45
bttfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Ben, take it easy with the name calling will ya, this is a friendly site. chill with the generalizations about your ancestors

education goes a long way, no need for salt water license , just education and enforcement for the ignorant.

good for you ilovetwofish
Quite correct. EDUCATION! Bassturb.. Go get some.. It will clear your mind and make you are better person.. It may not be too late..
CYA!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #46
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Wink

Last edited by fishpoopoo; 06-27-2007 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: no mo yanki my wanki

Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM   #47
Bass Nut
harrumpf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHT STRIKES View Post

But you know what two weeks ago I was back down this way and saw two more of this group back at it... We planned another trip there this weekend and I tell you - if I see it going on again - it might go down a little different this time....
Sounds like you should bring some small to medium fireworks with you this weekend....

I had a box of animal crackers the other day. The box said 'do not eat if seal is broken.' I opened the box, the lion was OK, the elephant was OK, sure enough, the darn seal was broken.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:50 PM   #48
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassturbed View Post
RMAO.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #49
EarnedStripes44

Being racist takes up way too much energy. Go fishing.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #50
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassturbed View Post

Everyone has ADD that is what is wrong

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #51
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Angry

we need fewer scup poachers.

i say toss them and their 5-gallon buckets outta the country.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #52
NIGHT STRIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Nut View Post
Sounds like you should bring some small to medium fireworks with you this weekend....
Yep - Teaser & BassTurbed - Will Put A Stop To It
Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #53
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
... EDUCATION! Bassturb.. Go get some.. It will clear your mind and make you are better person...blahblahblah kumbaya

Old 06-27-2007, 04:15 PM   #54
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

OK, I admit, "RMAO" was funny. Ben - personally, sometimes I'd like to see you back and take over your ancestral homeland but then we'd loose a fairly decent American (with a sordid sense of humor). Damn Communists...

For everyone else that doesn't know, "Bassturbed" is a several generation American of Asian descent. Though for some reason, that "wall" as part of the "Chinese Exclusion Act" did not net his ancestors

Folks - when you see someone doing it, drop a dime to your respective law enforcement folks. If they act on 10% of the calls, word will get it out...

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #55
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Wink

aw, you making me brush JohnL

Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #56
stars'nstripers

hey....... just to tell you all this thread had nothing to do with race i was just puting it out there if you see this same GUY poaching again.

Striper nation!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #57
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Wink

gimme a break. poaching is genetic.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #58
Smokey14
licensed to kill

Send a message via AIM to Smokey14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I think they should appoint "junior officers"
average joes like us, no pay, just a badge and some sort of violation ticket. as avid fisherman, we can routinely check during the course of our fishing and if a violation found, write a ticket.

Ya, I can imagine landing a fish and having some pecker head run over to measure my fish before I have a chance to release it.NO thanks there's to much room for looses to abuse that position.

Recreational poachers suck and they're hard to regulate but they're nothing compared to commercial bi-catch.

If I offend you please call 1-800- 328-7448
Old 06-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #59
bttfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
OK, I admit, "RMAO" was funny. Ben -

Folks - when you see someone doing it, drop a dime to your respective law enforcement folks. If they act on 10% of the calls, word will get it out...
Right on JR. It is sad to see it happened whether by one race or another. I would not be suprise if B's hate is not for only one race but all others and people of alternative choices too. For that we could use one less, sense of humor or not..
We have Bill Cosby

Byaway Bass-turb! This country really belong to the American Indian, we are all imigrants... E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:45 AM   #60
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
Right on JR. It is sad to see it happened whether by one race or another. I would not be suprise if B's hate is not for only one race but all others and people of alternative choices too. For that we could use one less, sense of humor or not..
We have Bill Cosby

Byaway Bass-turb! This country really belong to the American Indian, we are all imigrants... E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N!

Last edited by fishpoopoo; 06-28-2007 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: no mo yanki my wanki