Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
Passionate pre-election opinion of prominent Democrat

"The Democratic Party Today"

detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
Are you trying to tell us that Trump is the new Jimmy Carter?

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,887
Fox News. 😂😂😂
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,345
The guy makes sense and a lot of good points. We will see where this goes as time will tell but Thankfully we don't have Clinton as our leader. I don't see her Standing up to Rocketman.
Hillsdale College is one of the few places our young minds won't be indoctrinated to socialism.
People need to wake up and boot the career hacks out before it's too late.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
We will see where this goes as time will tell but Thankfully we don't have Clinton as our leader.
I hope you do realize a primary reason for the Russians working to elect Trump is because they were afraid of a Clinton POTUS.

Perhaps she doesn't have a pee tape.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I hope you do realize a primary reason for the Russians working to elect Trump is because they were afraid of a Clinton POTUS.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:36 AM   #7
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I hope you do realize a primary reason for the Russians working to elect Trump is because they were afraid of a Clinton POTUS.
the primary reason Trump was elected was because Americans were all afraid of a Clinton presidency
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:09 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 32,174
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I hope you do realize a primary reason for the Russians working to elect Trump is because they were afraid of a Clinton POTUS.

Perhaps she doesn't have a pee tape.
No. Putin simply hates Clinton. He also feels he has elevated influence with Trump. But Putties ability to sow discord across both parties is his biggest accomplishment.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the primary reason Trump was elected was because Americans were all afraid of a Clinton presidency

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #10
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
I think Trump was elected because he was one of two bad choices, one won the electoral college and the other the unpopular vote.
I know a number of republicans who voted for neither candidate, just think how bad Clinton could have lost to a decent Republican candidate who could actually do the job.

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:13 AM   #11
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
No. Putin simply hates Clinton. He also feels he has elevated influence with Trump. But Putties ability to sow discord across both parties is his biggest accomplishment.
Clinton would have worked to undermining his power and push back on Russian expansion. Trump just gives him a high five...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #12
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
The Russians did not elect Trump. The American People elected Trump.

The American Media and American Press has far more influence on the American People than the Russians do. The American Press and Media were substantially against Trump.

The source of the pee story was Russian.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #13
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I think Trump was elected because he was one of two bad choices, one won the electoral college and the other the unpopular vote.
I know a number of republicans who voted for neither candidate, just think how bad Clinton could have lost to a decent Republican candidate who could actually do the job.
How is Trump not doing the job?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:45 AM   #14
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Clinton would have worked to undermining his power and push back on Russian expansion. Trump just gives him a high five...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
yeah...she could have flown over there with another plastic button or something....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #15
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Are you trying to tell us that Trump is the new Jimmy Carter?
You should be ashamed yourself to even mention a vile Petty lying philandering person like Trump in the same sentence with Carter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #16
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
How is Trump not doing the job?
Most of the people think so, look at the Rasmussen poll. Notice how quiet he is on that but, don't worry he is having another rally.
When he gets done playing golf.
"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016
And dont forget this one
‘‘The mob takes the Fifth,’’ Trump told a campaign crowd in Iowa last September. ‘‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’’

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #17
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Most of the people think so, look at the Rasmussen poll. Notice how quiet he is on that but, don't worry he is having another rally.
When he gets done playing golf.
"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016
And dont forget this one
‘‘The mob takes the Fifth,’’ Trump told a campaign crowd in Iowa last September. ‘‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’’
Again, how is Trump not doing his job?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #18
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again, how is Trump not doing his job?
I guess it depends on what that "job" really is. If you were to ask how he's doing giving ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy and generally making a clown of himself I'd say he's doing a great job.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #19
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again, how is Trump not doing his job?
seems to appear when taken in context that by all measurable standards he's doing a pretty good job...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #20
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I guess it depends on what that "job" really is. If you were to ask how he's doing giving ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy and generally making a clown of himself I'd say he's doing a great job.
bitter clinger
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:12 PM   #21
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again, how is Trump not doing his job?
If his job is making sure that the proletariat (lowest class of citizens, predating Marx by more than a thousand years) have less and grows as a group, while ensuring that the wealthiest people control more and more then yes, one would say he is doing his job.
The rise of the corporation will lead to the end of democracy in this country. The middle class is the heart of democracy and it is dying.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #22
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,345
It's pretty obvious the correlation of the wealthy in the DC area has a lot to do with the elite ruling class and corrupt Government employees who are supposed to work for us, lobbyists , big business etc.

either by county https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.36b669d113df

or neighborhood http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/...neighborhoods/

They have been stealing America from our children for years. All for greed. Republicans and Democrats alike

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #23
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If his job is making sure that the proletariat (lowest class of citizens, predating Marx by more than a thousand years) have less and grows as a group, while ensuring that the wealthiest people control more and more then yes, one would say he is doing his job.
The rise of the corporation will lead to the end of democracy in this country. The middle class is the heart of democracy and it is dying.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
For the third time , I ask you, how is Trump not doing, as you put it, "the job"?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #24
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
It's pretty obvious the correlation of the wealthy in the DC area has a lot to do with the elite ruling class and corrupt Government employees who are supposed to work for us, lobbyists , big business etc.
I'm not sure that correlation is that meaningful on its own. DC is home to a lot of higher income people who have nothing to do with government.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #25
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
For the third time , I ask you, how is Trump not doing, as you put it, "the job"?
The job
Time will tell how Trump did.
If you can tell now how his presidency will go down in history you should go to Vegas
He may have achieved some things, but I always mistrust people who tell me how great they are. I’ve learned that from experience, perhaps yours has been different.
He takes credit for any good thing that happens and ignores the bad.
His “fake news” attacks that have gone on consistently are divisive at best.
But of course the news is fake because he is the greatest, the only one, the best, a very stable genius, least racist and possibly next he will say the son and Holy Ghost are at his side.
He is doing great you can tell from the unemployment reports (which until he won were fake), the stock market which has continued it’s rise, and Isis which has continued to fall. Don’t worry a tax cut during an economic expansion will reduce the deficit.
I don’t trust him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #26
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
Slip, I think the destruction of the middle class is done by more than politicians, they are one tool in the process.
When we were kids who owned the dairy, who owned the corner store, bank, lumberyard, gas station, clothing store, factory, farm, restaurant? Did you know them and their families?
The money did not leave town and only provide low wage jobs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #27
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The job
Time will tell how Trump did . . . I don’t trust him.
So when you said "just think how bad Clinton could have lost to a decent Republican candidate who could actually do the job" you didn't actually mean that Trump could not "actually do the job,"--right? You just don't trust him, and "time will tell," and he really hasn't done anything worthwhile, just hasn't screwed things up yet, that we can tell, and he's a scumbag, and you just don't trust him, and he's a scumbag, and what the polls say, and stuff, right?

And when you said "If his job is making sure that the proletariat (lowest class of citizens, predating Marx by more than a thousand years) have less and grows as a group, while ensuring that the wealthiest people control more and more then yes, one would say he is doing his job" you weren't actually saying That Trump is creating or expanding a Roman Empire form of the proletariat, right? Because, after all, the Roman proletariat did not have a Constitution which protected their unalienable rights. Nor were they allowed to vote. And, of course, you weren't saying that Trump was expanding a Marxist type proletariat, right? Because that proletariat would have control of the political power--a dictatorship of the proletariat that would imprison or execute a Trump. You were just making kinda nice, smart sounding, offhand remarks, right?

And when you said "The rise of the corporation will lead to the end of democracy in this country. The middle class is the heart of democracy and it is dying," you weren't blaming Trump, right? That stuff has been going on long before Trump--probably in earnest since the 1960's. All those Presidents and Congresses and state and local politicians left that mess for Trump to "inherit," right? And, anyway, even though he hasn't done anything significant yet and claims credit for anything good that would happen in spite of him, since you don't trust him and he's a scumbag, he probably won't be able to do the job either. But maybe a "decent" Republican would (for a change from all the presidents of the last 60 years) be able to do the job and bring back the middle class, right?

I am a tiny bit curious about your claim that corporations will lead to the end of democracy in this country. And about your notion that what you refer to as "Non-Originalist" judges who can change the meaning of constitutional text, which in effect rewrites the Constitution without having to amend it by will of the people, would not lead to the end of our form of democracy in this country.

As you have corrected my misunderstanding of your view on Trump's doing "the job," could you now explain how corporations will lead to the end of democracy in this country, but why judges usurping the power of the people's representatives by legislating from the bench and rewriting the law which guarantees our liberty, in ways that suit their personal prejudices, thereby replacing those unalienable liberties with only freedoms that government allows, will not endanger democracy in this country?

Last edited by detbuch; 04-30-2018 at 05:59 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:34 AM   #28
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,989
“judicial activism” like voter fraud more the sky is falling talk

https://www.economist.com/blogs/demo...ial-politics-0
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #29
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 2,754
I don't trust him because he doesn't think things thru, reacts to things without thought and is easily lead astray, all you have to do is flatter him. Do you think the rest of the worlds leaders use Fox and Friends as their intelligence source?
Don't you think they know that at worst he will be around for 6 years?
Look at the history of negotiations with N Korea and see where we are now.
They have nukes, ICBMs and as a reward are having a meeting with the leader of the USA.
As far as being whatever nasty name you want to call him, that's up to you. I just think he's a schmuck.
All the inalienable rights in the world will do you no good if you don't have access to capital or the ability to accrue it. That is what is happening to the middle class and you can look at income distribution over the past 100 years and see it.

Pete

"Character is Destiny"
Heraclitus 500 B.C.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #30
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
“judicial activism” like voter fraud more the sky is falling talk

https://www.economist.com/blogs/demo...ial-politics-0
I was not able to read your article because after a couple of seconds a pop-up ad blocked it and required me to subscribe in order to finish reading it.

It sounds interesting. Could you summarize it in your own words and we can have a discussion about that.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com