Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

Tevez

oh and does tevez always pop his collar? i don't know why but that annoyed me all game. isn't that old news anyway.... and kind of lame? can't believe he almost scored from the end line.
american spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Clogston29
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by american spirit View Post
oh and does tevez always pop his collar? i don't know why but that annoyed me all game. isn't that old news anyway.... and kind of lame? can't believe he almost scored from the end line.
Wait till it gets colder and he starts rocking the snood. Don't be hating on tevez. Although off the field he's had some issues, on the field he's the man. One of my favorites.

You can almost here everyone in Manchester saying "Wayne who?" today.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Liverpool (and Rodgers) had a brain fart. Running Carroll out of town then failing to get Dempsey. WTF were they thinking. I'd have to guess Dempsey's wage demands more than the transfer fee killed the deal. Still this mistake could cost them millions. If Suarez gets hurt or suspended they will struggle to make the Europa league. Owen (with his 4 year injury record) seems unlikely to save the day, and probably would cost them more in wages than Dempsey now that they are over a barrel. The report is that Carroll only ultimately agreed to go to West Ham after Rodgers personally told him he had no future at Liverpool. Brilliant.

On the same note, dumping Spearing may hurt them as well (hard though it is to believe). The best player on the field yesterday was Joe Allen. He looked like Xavi out there. They need to get him more forward. To do that they need more defensive work out of a different midfielder. With Lucas hurt that leaves Henderson (who is clueless in defense), Sahin who doesn't look up to the task, or Shelvey who is unmotivated to play defense. If they had held on to Spearing he could have done the job well enough to push Allen up to where he could help the offense more.
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote