Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

deflate gate - seriously?

I think it is a reach
the whole country of haters has ammo any time they want, they'll try anything and it all goes back to Belichicks' arrogance from blowing off the warning about filming the sidelines when everyone knows all the other teams did it also, he just ignored it and got ratted out by Mangini. Since then it has been a built in excuse for anything and everything that the Patriots accomplish. I think we as Patriot fans and the team are all tired of it.

Here is a comment I read

"I just saw Adam Schefter saying the seed for this was planted when Brady was intercepted in Indy...the ball seemed deflated. So, they were on alert. He was intercepted again yesterday, and the ball seemed deflated...so, Indy alerted officials.

They only problem with that is, the balls are checked by the refs, and given to the home team for holding during the game. How could the Pats deflate the ball in Indy that was given by the refs for checking/verifying, and then held by Indy during the game.

It makes zero sense to blame the Pats for that. They never had the balls AFTER they were checked."

Then I also read that in the game here, after Brady was intercepted, the colts took that ball and possibly the trainers or whoever checked the PSI and notified the league officials, well once you messed with it, how can the nfl tell if it was under inflated or not, you compromised it, DUH well the team also handed it to Luck and asked if it felt different, he said no.

I read that they also removed some from the field. but if as they sometimes do, become a different psi during play, they remove them. Maybe Vince fell on it or gronk spiked it

Time will tell but it had nothing to do with the score of the game

what a collosal distraction and bunch of non sense

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

a young Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deflate gate.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	60479  

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
iamskippy

Bill did it, no trial or heAring guilty!
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamskippy View Post
Bill did it, no trial or heAring guilty!

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
tysdad115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

http://vid809.photobucket.com/albums...Project295.mp4

Transcript of the video
Nantz: We talked to [Aaron] Rodgers about 'How do you like your footballs?' Because, you know, you can rub them up before the game. [Phil], you really kind of created that for everybody else in the league.
Simms: I don’t know if I did, because the quarterbacks got tired of them complaining. But he said something [that] was unique: 'I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it.' Because he thinks it’s easier for him to grip. He likes them tight. Of course, he’s got very big hands and you can tell that by watching him play.
Nantz: You’ve never heard of a guy really desiring a football to be fat and overinflated before, have you?
Simms: Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into. He’s such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.
Nantz: He said, 'God gave me big hands and a strong grip.'
Simms: You know, the officials do check those footballs and sometimes maybe even get lucky and put an extra half pound of air in there to help Aaron Rodgers out.
All from Mike Reiss' article: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...-football-talk

UNBELIEVABLE

So the Pats get called out on suspicion of doctoring the air pressure with no evidence, just accusation and here is another team admitting something, and nothing is done about that! WTF hello NFL wake up

On to Seattle

sick of hearing multiple yahoos writing non sense hammering the Pats

Old 01-20-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
fishsmith
DDG-51

It's all just noise. Pats will use it for motivational bulletin board material.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
Raven

yo Bruce.... MY Friend

what you need is some LAUGHTER to chase
away all the Bull Sheet you be a readin... lately

this is for you.... watch to the end

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #8
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

the dolts- junkie owner, pumps in crowd noise, dungy and polian were biggest whiners in nfl. wait until next season- 50 point whoopin's on the way compliments of bb.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
zimmy

If Goodell has any inflation in his drawers, Bellychick won't get a chance at the colt's next season.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
If Goodell has any inflation in his drawers, Bellychick won't get a chance at the colt's next season.
I think we are too big a market for grand standing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #11
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Goodell is tight as fukk with Kraft. The punishment will be punitive at best.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #12
Cool Beans

With cameras everywhere, if they can't find actual video of someone intentionally letting air out or unless someone admits to it, then it is highly possible the balls were low when the ref "checked" them and said they were ok. I highly doubt they actually stick a needle in each ball using a league approved calibrated gauge to test the pressure of these balls. At best the ref, gives them a squeeze and says, yep, those are fine. Brady will come out and say "Everyone knows I like my balls soft" *smile* "the balls were inflated, the ref checked them and we played with the balls as inspected" *nods head* "I never doubt the pressure or have any reason to check the pressure, once the ref checks them. I have to assume they are good to use".

Soon after that the NFL will come out with no evidence of wrong doing.

It's all about Seattle......
Cool Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #13
zimmy

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflat...ball-pressure/

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:00 PM   #14
Backbeach Jake

Harbaugh is at the bottom of this. You can bet on it. 2 pounds of air pressure ( not weight, idiots) is a non freakin' issue.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #15
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
the dolts- junkie owner, pumps in crowd noise, dungy and polian were biggest whiners in nfl. wait until next season- 50 point whoopin's on the way compliments of bb.
KInda what happened after Spygate..

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote