Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-30-2020, 06:57 AM   #31
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Wrong
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-30-2020, 07:05 AM   #32
wdmso

Clicked the video again , I love the intro. The Truth About American on a show that's
Not immune to the facts... sweet
Old 04-30-2020, 11:45 AM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Somewhere in Bing Bong's world, the circumstances have gotten missed. Not only did the FBI discover that Mike Flynn had called up a hostile foreign government and told them not to worry about being punished for tampering in our election, but it was also already public that Mike Flynn may have been secretly working for Turkey while he was claiming to represent Trump*s national security interests. Flynn would go on to testify, under oath and before a grand jury, that indeed, he had been knowingly pursuing a secret deal with Turkey at the time he sat in on Trump*s first national security briefing. The entire time, he testified, he knew that he was really working for Turkey even though he and his firm went to some efforts to hide that fact.

The FBI might be excused for believing that Flynn would be treated according to one of two ways: firing or prosecution. Because they had Flynn on tape calling up a country that had just attacked our own and told them not to worry about being punished. And they had good reason to believe he was still hiding details about having worked for a frenemy government during a period he retained security clearance. In a sane world, when there’s clear evidence the National Security Advisor has done those things, firing or prosecution are the most obvious options.

In Trump*s world — in the world of the entire Trump*lican party, it seems — those aren’t the only two options. In Trump*s world, it is totally natural to keep someone in charge of the entire country’s national security even after he had called up a country that had just attacked us and said no big deal while actively hiding his relationship with another foreign country.

And that is why Mike Flynn likely won’t ever go to prison: because in Trump*s world, the guy who helps out the country that just attacked us is a hero, not a national security threat.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Somewhere in Bing Bong's world, the circumstances have gotten missed. Not only did the FBI discover that Mike Flynn had called up a hostile foreign government and told them not to worry about being punished for tampering in our election, but it was also already public that Mike Flynn may have been secretly working for Turkey while he was claiming to represent Trump*s national security interests. Flynn would go on to testify, under oath and before a grand jury, that indeed, he had been knowingly pursuing a secret deal with Turkey at the time he sat in on Trump*s first national security briefing. The entire time, he testified, he knew that he was really working for Turkey even though he and his firm went to some efforts to hide that fact.

The FBI might be excused for believing that Flynn would be treated according to one of two ways: firing or prosecution. Because they had Flynn on tape calling up a country that had just attacked our own and told them not to worry about being punished. And they had good reason to believe he was still hiding details about having worked for a frenemy government during a period he retained security clearance. In a sane world, when there’s clear evidence the National Security Advisor has done those things, firing or prosecution are the most obvious options.

In Trump*s world — in the world of the entire Trump*lican party, it seems — those aren’t the only two options. In Trump*s world, it is totally natural to keep someone in charge of the entire country’s national security even after he had called up a country that had just attacked us and said no big deal while actively hiding his relationship with another foreign country.

And that is why Mike Flynn likely won’t ever go to prison: because in Trump*s world, the guy who helps out the country that just attacked us is a hero, not a national security threat.
If Flynn was the traitor you try to make him out to be with the usual non-specific or generalized "facts," it would not be necessary to go outside of Protocol as Comey admitted, and try to catch him in a perjury trap, and threaten to imprison his son if he didn't "cooperate." He should have been charged and convicted of espionage, or treason, or something other than the sleaze they tried to get him with. I don't think they actually thought that he was a traitor, nor that he even actually lied. Just my opinion derived from, firstly, the FBI interrogaters initially saying they didn't think he was lying, then by the tactics they used. And ultimately because it is becoming more apparent that they knew the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy narrative was politically driven by false information, and continuing the investigation into it long after they knew it was a hoax.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Gen. Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI not because he was framed but because he got a sweet-ass deal to avoid massive criminal liability for being an unregistered agent of a foreign power while working for a presidential transition. He also avoided his son’s prosecution.
While in the White House, he unequivocally lied to both the Vice President of the United States and to the chief of staff to the President of the United States about his interactions with the Russian ambassador. And he was fired for it.
Nothing that has come out suggests the facts that he admitted to in the context of his plea are untrue or that his plea was coerced in any way. Nothing that was done to Flynn by the FBI isn’t done to criminal suspects all over the country.
If you’re outraged by the FBI’s tactics with Flynn, keep in mind that they do these things every day against drug dealers, gang members, and terrorists. Except those people are black, Hispanic, and Middle Eastern—not “lock ‘er up” lily white.
So yes, Trump* might pardon Flynn. But if you think Flynn is about to be “cleared,” sober up. Because while you might not know much about federal law enforcement and it’s standard practices, Judge Emmet Sullivan does. And he won’t be surprised by these supposed “revelations.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If Flynn was the traitor you try to make him out to be with the usual non-specific or generalized "facts," it would not be necessary to go outside of Protocol as Comey admitted, and try to catch him in a perjury trap, and threaten to imprison his son if he didn't "cooperate." He should have been charged and convicted of espionage, or treason, or something other than the sleaze they tried to get him with. I don't think they actually thought that he was a traitor, nor that he even actually lied. Just my opinion derived from, firstly, the FBI interrogaters initially saying they didn't think he was lying, then by the tactics they used. And ultimately because it is becoming more apparent that they knew the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy narrative was politically driven by false information, and continuing the investigation into it long after they knew it was a hoax.
And ultimately because it is becoming more apparent that whatever makes your narrative work is what you assume.
Because people who are interrogating or negotiating never plan their strategy. They just blunder along like Trump*
Flynn plead guilty, and just like Zelensky did when he was asked if he was coerced or pressured, he said no.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Flynn was compromised, because Russia knew he had lied and therefore had leverage over him. As the NSA, he was in a position to make decisions against the interests of the U.S. Sally Yates recommended the WH remove him. The FBI’s goal is to neutralize threats against the U.S.
Russia knew Flynn lied because VP Pence went on national television and said Flynn had personally told him he had no contact with Russia regarding sanctions. Which was not true.

Why is this so complicated?

I should add that ANY REGULAR PERSON would be denied even the lowest-level security clearance if the FBI discovered behavior like that of Flynn’s during a background check. He should have never gotten this job to begin with.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
That is being determined. I have heard enough narratives related to the Mueller investigation that turned out not to be true. You had this unshakeable certainty about all facets of the total narrative that were being woven for public consumption. You have always "verified" the accuracy of the narrative by repeating the narrative. In long, detailed, point by point repetition of the narrative.

Better to wait for the final verdict.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Flynn was compromised, because Russia knew he had lied and therefore had leverage over him. As the NSA, he was in a position to make decisions against the interests of the U.S. Sally Yates recommended the WH remove him. The FBI’s goal is to neutralize threats against the U.S.
Russia knew Flynn lied because VP Pence went on national television and said Flynn had personally told him he had no contact with Russia regarding sanctions. Which was not true.

I should add that ANY REGULAR PERSON would be denied even the lowest-level security clearance if the FBI discovered behavior like that of Flynn’s during a background check. He should have never gotten this job to begin with.
Quote:
That is being determined. I have heard enough narratives related to the Mueller investigation that turned out not to be true. You had this unshakeable certainty about all facets of the total narrative that were being woven for public consumption. You have always "verified" the accuracy of the narrative by repeating the narrative. In long, detailed, point by point repetition of the narrative.

Better to wait for the final verdict.
Just to be clear

The below is true or false?

Judge Sullivan: “Do you wish to challenge the circumstances on which you were interviewed by the FBI?”

Michael Flynn: "No, your honor. I was aware that lying to the FBI was a crime.

Judge Sullivan: "Do you believe that you were entrapped by the FBI?"

Michael Flynn: "No."

Zelensky: “There was no pressure or blackmail from the U.S. I had no idea the military aid was held up [at the time of his July 25 call with Trump]. When I did find out, I raised it with [Vice President] Pence at a meeting in Warsaw”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Just to be clear

Judge Sullivan: “Do you wish to challenge the circumstances on which you were interviewed by the FBI?”

Michael Flynn: "No, your honor. I was aware that lying to the FBI was a crime.

Judge Sullivan: "Do you believe that you were entrapped by the FBI?"

Michael Flynn: "No."

Zelensky: “There was no pressure or blackmail from the U.S. I had no idea the military aid was held up [at the time of his July 25 call with Trump]. When I did find out, I raised it with [Vice President] Pence at a meeting in Warsaw”
Just to be clear, details may be true but the overall picture being portrayed may be false.

And, to complicate the picture, the real and ultimate target of the FBI may not even have been Flynn.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

NEWS:The guy who wasn't told he needed to wear a mask, VP Pence tells reporters he's "inclined" to believe Gen. Flynn's lying to him was "unintentional."

Pence: "I’m inclined more than ever to believe that what he communicated to me back during transition was unintentional and that he was not attempting to misrepresent facts."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2020, 05:37 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
NEWS:The guy who wasn't told he needed to wear a mask, VP Pence tells reporters he's "inclined" to believe Gen. Flynn's lying to him was "unintentional."

Pence: "I’m inclined more than ever to believe that what he communicated to me back during transition was unintentional and that he was not attempting to misrepresent facts."
No doubt there is a timeline that proves he's lying.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #42
detbuch

Bhttps://

Bongino shows how the new trasncripts are blowing up the Flynn and the Russia hoax.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Ah yes bing bong, the silly twitter boy, claiming that FBI agents were out to get Donnie Bonespurs because they were recruited for the deep state in grade school.
Meanwhile the White House puts Trump* out in front of the press. He can barely hold it together now even when he isn't challenged. If he is challenged, as he was today, he instantly goes into full meltdown mode and runs. He is an amazing negotiator. Art of the cut and run...........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
Ah yes bing bong, the silly twitter boy, claiming that FBI agents were out to get Donnie Bonespurs because they were recruited for the deep state in grade school.
Meanwhile the White House puts Trump* out in front of the press. He can barely hold it together now even when he isn't challenged. If he is challenged, as he was today, he instantly goes into full meltdown mode and runs. He is an amazing negotiator. Art of the cut and run...........

Ummm . . . none of this was actually in the Bongino video . . . so I can only assume it's just another incongruous, disconnected, somewhat drunken sounding rant . . . not unexpected. It's what you do.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

No it was just more imagined Bing Bong

Blame is THE central feature of Trumpism. Very important to understand. It’s not about solutions, ideas or philosophy of governance. It’s about BLAME. The politics of grievance, anger and increasingly destruction.
Good luck with that

TRUMP JUST NOW: "We have met the moment, and we have prevailed."

REALITY: The U.S. has the most coronavirus cases and deaths in the world, and still nowhere near enough testing to open our economy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 08:04 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
No it was just more imagined Bing Bong

Blame is THE central feature of Trumpism. Very important to understand. It’s not about solutions, ideas or philosophy of governance. It’s about BLAME. The politics of grievance, anger and increasingly destruction.
Good luck with that
Actually, that was not in the video either. Perhaps you're thinking of another thread?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Actually, that was not in the video either. Perhaps you're thinking of another thread?
Fmr. GOP strategist Steve Schmidt says President Trump "has demonstrated through this crisis, he has exactly zero capacity to lead this nation out of this mess.
"The American people are going to have to decide, in the most important election this country's had since 1864, whether the United States will go into a steep descent of decline, or we can possibly begin to recover from the Trumpian disaster that the country faces."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Fmr. GOP strategist Steve Schmidt says President Trump "has demonstrated through this crisis, he has exactly zero capacity to lead this nation out of this mess.
"The American people are going to have to decide, in the most important election this country's had since 1864, whether the United States will go into a steep descent of decline, or we can possibly begin to recover from the Trumpian disaster that the country faces."
Nope, Steve Schmidt wasn't in the video either. It's no wonder you come up with such unbelievable stuff, you can't stay on topic, you wander into the unrelated delusions and chimeras festering in your feverish brain, it often seems that you don't know where you are.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

The Dept. of Justice says they’ve completed their review of 29 FISA warrants that were flagged by the IG for being out of compliance and have found only 2 material errors and found that all of the applications contained sufficient basis for probable cause, a statement says.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:01 PM   #50
detbuch

Quote:
The Dept. of Justice says they’ve completed their review of 29 FISA warrants that were flagged by the IG for being out of compliance and have found only 2 material errors and found that all of the applications contained sufficient basis for probable cause, a statement says.
Yeah, but those warrants don't include the Carter Paige warrants. And worse for you, they make the Paige warrants, because of their uniqueness, look more flagrantly intentional rather than merely being systemic as pointed out by the Washington Examiner: "This sample indicates that the 17 'significant errors and omissions' found by the DOJ watchdog in the process to obtain warrants to wiretap Page, laid out in a report criticizing the FBI’s reliance upon British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s deeply flawed dossier, was an outlier and gives Republicans who believe Donald Trump's campaign was unfairly targeted more ammo in the unraveling 'Russiagate'"
Old 08-04-2020, 06:24 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump asked Russia to help on live national TV.

There was always probably cause.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:42 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
Trump asked Russia to help on live national TV.

There was always probably cause.
More simple than that. The investigation was launched because of the campaign’s advance knowledge of the hacked emails not the dossier. The IG found even with some mistakes the first two FISA warrants were justified.

What we’ve learned in the Stone trial has strengthened the case against Trump. If anything is unraveling it’s the entire con.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:17 AM   #53
Sea Dangles

������

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN