Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
RickBomba

So, Trumbo, What Help You Giving to Me?

Payroll tax cut EO, really?

What part about that relief helps those of us who aren’t out looking for new waterfront bungalows?

#Toolbag

#FingaBangUSA

#HeBelievesInGod?

#DingDongDonny

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Payroll tax cut EO, really?

What part about that relief helps those of us who aren’t out looking for new waterfront bungalows?

#Toolbag

#FingaBangUSA

#HeBelievesInGod?

#DingDongDonny
do you know what payroll tax is, what he cut?

everyone who makes less than 104k a year, will get a big increase in take home pay. their take home pay will increase by 7.65% ( i think) of their gross pay.

how many people
making less than 104k a year, are looking for waterfront bungalows, do you think?

you only pay payroll taxes on approximately the first 135k of gross pay. meaning, anyone who has made more than 135k already this year, sees no benefit. isn’t that right?

unless i’m wrong, this can’t help the wealthy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
do you know what payroll tax is, what he cut?

everyone who makes less than 104k a year, will get a big increase in take home pay. their take home pay will increase by 7.65% ( i think) of their gross pay.

how many people
making less than 104k a year, are looking for waterfront bungalows, do you think?

you only pay payroll taxes on approximately the first 135k of gross pay. meaning, anyone who has made more than 135k already this year, sees no benefit. isn’t that right?

unless i’m wrong, this can’t help the wealthy.
Good god
Old 08-08-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Good god
what did i say that was wrong, madam?
Old 08-08-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
wdmso

He also signed an executive order protecting pre existing conditions

Funny they are all ready protected under ACA Obama care

Trump playing arsonist and firefighting hero .. but Jim's got his back Tump
just bought a vote and looking for more

This is what Authoritarianism looks like
Old 08-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
He also signed an executive order protecting pre existing conditions

Funny they are all ready protected under ACA Obama care

Trump playing arsonist and firefighting hero .. but Jim's got his back Tump
just bought a vote and looking for more

This is what Authoritarianism looks like
the poster said that a payroll tax cut only helps the wealthy. i pointed out how demonstrably wrong that is. i’m sorry that you can’t handle any and all facts which don’t serve liberalism.

guess what? a payroll tax cut doesn’t help me one cent. not one cent. i will not benefit one single penny, so it didn’t buy my vote.

i’m not even saying i agree with a payroll tax cut, as SS has enough problems with funding. what i’m saying, is that this cut, by definition, does nothing to help the wealthy. maybe business owners? if they no longer need to pay the 7.65% for their employees? but this cut does plenty to help average working joes.

everyone who makes less than 104k a year, is going to see a very nice bump on their paychecks. a very nice bump. 7.65% of your gross is a big deal.

did you complain about authoritarianism when obama
signed executive orders? or is it only problematic for you when republicans do it?
Old 08-09-2020, 08:13 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

“All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.”
Those were the days...
Old 08-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #8
spence

People may see nothing actually, it’s just a deferral and employers may withhold it because the taxes will eventually have to be paid. It’s a terrible order that almost nobody supported.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
the poster said that a payroll tax cut only helps the wealthy. i pointed out how demonstrably wrong that is. i’m sorry that you can’t handle any and all facts which don’t serve liberalism.

guess what? a payroll tax cut doesn’t help me one cent. not one cent. i will not benefit one single penny, so it didn’t buy my vote.

i’m not even saying i agree with a payroll tax cut, as SS has enough problems with funding. what i’m saying, is that this cut, by definition, does nothing to help the wealthy. maybe business owners? if they no longer need to pay the 7.65% for their employees? but this cut does plenty to help average working joes.

everyone who makes less than 104k a year, is going to see a very nice bump on their paychecks. a very nice bump. 7.65% of your gross is a big deal.

signed executive orders? or is it only problematic for you when republicans do it?
I agree but for many ,,, people who make a 100k are considered wealthy

Did you read the details it's not a payroll tax cut it's a deferment,,

In essence, the deferral is an interest-free loan that would have to be repaid.

“If I win, I may extend and terminate,” Trump said, repeating a longtime goal but remaining silent on how he’d fund the Medicare and Social Security benefits that the 7% tax on employee income covers. Employers also pay 7.65% of their payrolls into the funds.

He is going to ruin America by spending money that's not his just like how he ran his business.. shocking.

How do people pay back a loan they never wanted?
Old 08-09-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
“If I win, I may extend and terminate,”
In other words it’s a likely illegal bribe to draw a few votes.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
People may see nothing actually, it’s just a deferral and employers may withhold it because the taxes will eventually have to be paid. It’s a terrible order that almost nobody supported.
Not to the mouth breathers who think wearing a mask is taking away their freedom.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

The story is that he can’t make a deal and wants to go alone every time, he can’t effectively govern.
No surprise there
Old 08-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The story is that he can’t make a deal and wants to go alone every time, he can’t effectively govern.
No surprise there
Gridlock is good. Woe to us if in the zeal to get rid of Trump we vote in a Progressive Congress and President. Progressives do not hesitate, when they have the power, as the hypocritical Repubs do and did, to enact Constitution busting, authoritarian, liberty constricting, rights eroding legislation that will enlarge the scope federal power and keep leadings us further and further into the unlimited government they desire.
Old 08-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #14
RickBomba

Quote:

First of all, Jim, I’m a man, and my name is Rick, goddamit!

Sorry, I just wanted to sound like Bones there for a second.

All I’m trying to illustrate is that they payroll tax cut ONLY helps you if you have an actual job.

For people like me whose whole company got nuked on April 1st, it doesn’t mean anything to me. So, yeah, I’m pretty bitter. My wife went from making $1000 a week to $100 a week, as well. Her job gave her 9 hours last week.

So, while there may be people out there that might benefit from this, unfortunately it’s kinda stressful when you gotsta come up with bill money and combined, my family worked 9 hours last week.

This is no joke. For me, it’s an emergency. So, yeah, I’m not out looking at waterfront bungalows, or picking daisies, or whatever the people who didn’t have their lives totally disrupted by COVIDgate.

And I build accounting interfaces that put together automated P&L’s. I’m well aware about EXACTLY what payroll tax is, what it does, and also how much it breaks down as a percentage of gross. Wanna talk about Controllable G&A or ask about Advanced Principles of Depreciation percentage? I’m all ears.

Love,
The Poster

Old 08-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #15
PaulS

Good luck Rick

Maybe you can start a cart retrieval and repair business on CH.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
how would anyone see nothing, if they work
and make less than 104k a year?

teachers don’t pay into SS, i guess they won’t see anything. who else won’t?
Old 08-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
First of all, Jim, I’m a man, and my name is Rick, goddamit!

Sorry, I just wanted to sound like Bones there for a second.

All I’m trying to illustrate is that they payroll tax cut ONLY helps you if you have an actual job.

For people like me whose whole company got nuked on April 1st, it doesn’t mean anything to me. So, yeah, I’m pretty bitter. My wife went from making $1000 a week to $100 a week, as well. Her job gave her 9 hours last week.

So, while there may be people out there that might benefit from this, unfortunately it’s kinda stressful when you gotsta come up with bill money and combined, my family worked 9 hours last week.

This is no joke. For me, it’s an emergency. So, yeah, I’m not out looking at waterfront bungalows, or picking daisies, or whatever the people who didn’t have their lives totally disrupted by COVIDgate.

And I build accounting interfaces that put together automated P&L’s. I’m well aware about EXACTLY what payroll tax is, what it does, and also how much it breaks down as a percentage of gross. Wanna talk about Controllable G&A or ask about Advanced Principles of Depreciation percentage? I’m all ears.

Love,
The Poster
to the poster ...i have no problem with a bill designed to give some
relief to people with jobs. and it’s cut off at i come of 104k. so the wealthy aren’t benefiting.

i also have no problem, none whatsoever, with paying higher taxes to help people
like you. that was the problem with the last stimulus, it went to people
who weren’t impacted by this at all.

if you know that much, you shouldn’t be saying “there
might be some people
who benefit.”. tons of people will
benefit.

good luck, seriously and sincerely.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:37 PM   #18
RickBomba

Quote:
to the poster ...i have no problem with a bill designed to give some
relief to people with jobs. and it’s cut off at i come of 104k. so the wealthy aren’t benefiting.

i also have no problem, none whatsoever, with paying higher taxes to help people
like you. that was the problem with the last stimulus, it went to people
who weren’t impacted by this at all.

if you know that much, you shouldn’t be saying “there
might be some people
who benefit.”. tons of people will
benefit.

good luck, seriously and sincerely.
Thanks Jim,
I appreciate it.
Been a tough year.

Old 08-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Thanks Jim,
I appreciate it.
Been a tough year.
i’ve had a few of those. you seem
like a sharp guy, it will
pass. and the thing about tough times? i think that people
who have been down, appreciate the good times, more than people
who have never been down. i look forward to the day when it’s all behind you, and i mean that, and i hope you come out better and stronger.