Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-02-2019, 09:10 AM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Because it is purely a political question and will be used with a ghastly graphic to attack.
Not in a truthful manner, nobody gleefully pursues abortions or the legislation thereof.
I guarantee that if a politician answers that question, their smiling face will be used in an attack ad with that statement and a picture of a dead baby.
another dodge.

it’s not remotely political, it’s logical. if the entire pro choice movement is based on the premise that a woman can do what she wants with her body and that the thing inside her isn’t human, why does that position evaporate suddenly at some random point during pregnancy?

you can’t answer logically obviously, because there isn’t an answer with a speck of logic. you’re also not honest enough to admit that, so you desperately dance around it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Watch this, but you won't get a politician to say it for the reasons I put forth previously.

It is a woman's body and her decision, mind your own #^&#^&#^&#^&ing business.

You complain that liberals want to tax soft drinks with the goal of reducing healthcare costs and reducing the obesity of Americans, saying people should have the right to do whatever they want and it doesn't matter if they die.

But you claim the right to control women, their physicians and their decisions.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2019, 09:23 AM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Hmmm, I could have sworn NYC lit themselves up in pink lights and big smiles on the legislators faces to celebrate just such legislation.

Pretty ghoulish if you ask me
and i’ve seen planned parenthood celebrate the anniversary of Roe with of all things, birthday cake.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Watch this, but you won't get a politician to say it for the reasons I p

You complain that liberals want to tax soft drinks with the goal of reducing healthcare costs and reducing the obesity of Americans, saying people should have the right to do whatever they want and it doesn't matter if they die.

i claim nothing here. for the third time, i’m asking why a woman’s right to self autonomy, ends at some point during the pregnancy?

you’re getting a little worked up here. why not just answer the question.

it’s much more logically consistent, to say that the mom has that right throughout, and therefore support abortion until
birth. i don’t agree with that, but i concede the logical consistency.

you cannot win this pete, i literally have all the cards.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:28 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Watch this, but you won't get a politician to say it for the reasons I put forth previously.

i’m pretty sure that my decision to drink a Big Gulp from 7-11, doesn’t necessarily involve the concurrent slaughter of an unborn baby.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i claim nothing here. for the third time, i’m asking why a woman’s right to self autonomy, ends at some point during the pregnancy?

you’re getting a little worked up here. why not just answer the question.

it’s much more logically consistent, to say that the mom has that right throughout, and therefore support abortion until
birth. i don’t agree with that, but i concede the logical consistency.

you cannot win this pete, i literally have all the cards.
Because it is politically suicide to say that because it is purely a political question and will be used with a ghastly graphic to attack.
Not in a truthful manner, nobody gleefully pursues abortions or the legislation thereof, are you that stupid that you cannot see it.

My opinion is still: It is a woman's body and her decision, mind your own #^&#^&#^&#^&ing business.

So, I have answered your question.
Tell me why legislating for public health regarding disease is bad, but legislating for public health regarding reproductive control is acceptable?

How did this get to government intrusion into citizens lives from Trump's PR meltdown?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because it is politically suicide to say that because it is purely a political question and will be used with a ghastly graphic to attack.
Not in a truthful manner, nobody gleefully pursues abortions or the legislation thereof, are you that stupid that you cannot see it.

My opinion is still: It is a woman's body and her decision, mind your own #^&#^&#^&#^&ing business.

So, I have answered your question.
Tell me why legislating for public health regarding disease is bad, but legislating for public health regarding reproductive control is acceptable?

How did this get to government intrusion into citizens lives from Trump's PR meltdown?
if it’s a women’s rights issue, funny how so many women are opposed to it. are they all self
loathing masochists?

and you you support
abortion until the moment of birth?

not sure how we got here...happy to drop it.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #68
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Funny how’s its a women’s issue , until we have to discuss child support. Then it’s a “It takes two” issue.

What if the mother is pro life and the father is pro choice? Does this absolve him of child support? What if it’s reversed, does that mean he now has no say on whether to keep it or not?

It’s not as cut and dry as it’s her body and she can do what she wants.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
if it’s a women’s rights issue, funny how so many women are opposed to it. are they all self
loathing masochists?

and you you support
abortion until the moment of birth?

not sure how we got here...happy to drop it.
80% of americans support R vs W in some form

20% want no limit

As far as I'm concerned it's between you and your god or lack thereof, I feel no more guilt about other peoples behavior than I do about black people being brought to this country as slaves.
Perhaps you do

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
80% of americans support R vs W in some form

20% want no limit

As far as I'm concerned it's between you and your god or lack thereof, I feel no more guilt about other peoples behavior than I do about black people being brought to this country as slaves.
Perhaps you do
i feel no guilt. what i feel, and you don’t, is empathy.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
20% want no limit
I think that's high, the number of people who really want no limits is very low. What you do get though is a political push back effect where people will position themselves based on an opposing force each trying to resist a slippery slope.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think that's high, the number of people who really want no limits is very low. What you do get though is a political push back effect where people will position themselves based on an opposing force each trying to resist a slippery slope.
it’s not high among the democratic presidential candidates.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Funny how’s its a women’s issue , until we have to discuss child support. Then it’s a “It takes two” issue.

What if the mother is pro life and the father is pro choice? Does this absolve him of child support? What if it’s reversed, does that mean he now has no say on whether to keep it or not?

It’s not as cut and dry as it’s her body and she can do what she wants.
What if he raped her?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #74
spence

"In a shocking exchange during a press conference, a reporter directly asked the Finnish president, "What kind of favors has Mr. Trump asked from you?” referencing President Trump's call with the Ukranian president at the center of an impeachment inquiry."

Ouch
Old 10-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #75
Sea Dangles

Fake news Pal
Old 10-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Fake news Pal
Fake news Pal

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-03-2019, 04:57 AM   #77
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
What if he raped her?
Well. if that doesn't settle it, I don't know what does.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."