Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-10-2021, 03:07 PM   #181
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Apparently you haven't looked at Rhode Islands, you better stay in your closet
going to florida where it's safe....
Old 12-10-2021, 03:08 PM   #182
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Vermont keeps setting new records...i hope Pete is double boosted and tripled masked...
CT numbers are also surging, while Florida's numbers are improving rapidly. Funny, they all stopped talking about Florida at exactly the same time.

It's almost as if it wasn't about the facts, but rather, making a political point.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:13 PM   #183
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
CT numbers are also surging, while Florida's numbers are improving rapidly. Funny, they all stopped talking about Florida at exactly the same time.

It's almost as if it wasn't about the facts, but rather, making a political point.

Euronews Sept 23, 20021

Portugal has the highest COVID-19 vaccination rate in the world

NY TIMES Oct 1, 2021

In Portugal, There Is Virtually No One Left to Vaccinate

Portugal is among the most highly vaccinated countries in the world. Vice Adm. Henrique Gouveia e Melo, who led the campaign, said there was a ...

CBS Nov 14, 2021

Portugal, the little country that could ... get vaccinated
— One of the most vaccinated countries on Earth is now welcoming visitors after having achieved a 98% vaccination.

CBS Sunday Morning Nov 14, 2021

Portugal is emerging as a shining example of civic duty. One of the most vaccinated countries on Earth, it is now welcoming visitors after having achieved a 98% vaccination rate.

Reuters Nov 25, 2021

Portugal reimposes COVID-19 restrictions as cases rise
LISBON — Portugal, one of the world’s most vaccinated nations, has reimposed some restrictions to stop a surge in COVID-19 cases,

CBS DEC 6, 2021

Portugal reinstates restrictions after sharp rise in new COVID-19 cases
Portugal is bringing back tight pandemic restrictions amid a rise in COVID-19 infections.

WASHINGTON POST December 6, 2021

CDC issues ‘very high’ risk warning for travel to France and Portugal
The European countries received a Level 4. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said to avoid travel to France, Portugal, Cyprus, Andorra and Liechtenstein, grouping all in a Level 4 category that represents a “very high” level of the coronavirus.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #184
Jim in CT

Quote:
Euronews Sept 23, 20021

NY TIMES Oct 1, 2021

Portugal is among the most highly vaccinated countries in the world. Vice Adm. Henrique Gouveia e Melo, who led the campaign, said there was a ...

CBS Nov 14, 2021

— One of the most vaccinated countries on Earth is now welcoming visitors after having achieved a 98% vaccination.

Portugal is emerging as a shining example of civic duty. One of the most vaccinated countries on Earth, it is now welcoming visitors after having achieved a 98% vaccination rate.

Reuters Nov 25, 2021

LISBON — Portugal, one of the world’s most vaccinated nations, has reimposed some restrictions to stop a surge in COVID-19 cases,

CBS DEC 6, 2021

Portugal is bringing back tight pandemic restrictions amid a rise in COVID-19 infections.

The European countries received a Level 4. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said to avoid travel to France, Portugal, Cyprus, Andorra and Liechtenstein, grouping all in a Level 4 category that represents a “very high” level of the coronavirus.
My friends daughter goes to COnnecticut College, an $80,000 a year school. 100% vaccination rate for students and faculty and staff. Had a huge outbreak, kids are sheltered in dorms, classrooms closed, cafeteria closed, sports games postponed. But no one getting very sick either.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #185
Pete F.
Canceled

So, is your point that the next variant is nothing to worry about?
800K dead, asking me to change my behavior for the good of my friends and neighbors is violating my constitutional rights so GFY
Amazing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-10-2021, 05:47 PM   #186
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Unless you are just one stupid mother fu*ker, it’s becoming really clear that getting vaccinated will likely prevent serious illness and death. The entire globe has been struggling to keep ahead of this virus and get more vaccinated to reduce more variants from developing. I don’t know if or when this will be over, it certainly has dramatically shown how vulnerable the entire globe is to something like this. I’m so glad to be retired and able to basically lead a normal life, maybe less dinning out than usual, but I can’t imagine dealing with this in my previous job.
Old 12-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #187
scottw

Quote:
My friends daughter goes to COnnecticut College, an $80,000 a year school. 100% vaccination rate for students and faculty and staff. Had a huge outbreak, kids are sheltered in dorms, classrooms closed, cafeteria closed, sports games postponed. But no one getting very sick either.
Looks like they also require masks in all indoor spaces….

It appears to be spreading through vaccinated and masked populations just as easily as it is through unvaccinated populations.

So at least it’s preventing some from not getting as sick we think

Can the government require you to inject something because it might help you not get as sick from something potentially?
Old 12-10-2021, 05:53 PM   #188
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Unless you are just one stupid mother fu*ker, it’s becoming really clear that getting vaccinated will likely prevent serious illness and death.
You should visit Pete’s therapist and have that checked…,,
Old 12-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #189
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Looks like they also require masks in all indoor spaces….

It appears to be spreading through vaccinated and masked populations just as easily as it is through unvaccinated populations.

So at least it’s preventing some from not getting as sick we think

Can the government require you to inject something because it might help you not get as sick from something potentially?
If you have children going to public schools then you have the answer to your closing question.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:33 PM   #190
scottw

Quote:
If you have children going to public schools then you have the answer to your closing question.
You might want to think about that a little more…
Old 12-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #191
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You might want to think about that a little more…
No need, school vaccinations are required to prevent highly contagious and dangerous illnesses, unless your living in a bubble, the government vaccine mandates are to try to stop a highly contagious dangerous illness. Spin your best, I’m ok with the mandates.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #192
Jim in CT

Quote:
No need, school vaccinations are required to prevent highly contagious and dangerous illnesses, unless your living in a bubble, the government vaccine mandates are to try to stop a highly contagious dangerous illness. Spin your best, I’m ok with the mandates.

the vaccine is obviously helping, and i can’t see why someone wouldn’t get it unless they knew that they had natural immunity.

the federal mandates are being struck down left and right. and if biden can say the situation is urgent enough to force you to take medicine, so can a president you hate, like trump.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:38 PM   #193
scottw

Quote:
?
Old 12-10-2021, 07:38 PM   #194
scottw

Quote:

the federal mandates are being struck down left and right.

yup...
Old 12-10-2021, 07:39 PM   #195
scottw

Quote:

Spin your best, I’m ok with the mandates.
we know this, thankfully...you don't get to decide...
Old 12-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #196
scottw

hey pete you'll love this...according to worldometers almost all of the top 10 new covid cases states are democrat states and all of the bottom 10 states with fewest new cases are trumplican states....oh..and reports of inflation are debunked conspiracy theories
Old 12-10-2021, 07:51 PM   #197
Jim in CT

Quote:
hey pete you'll love this...according to worldometers almost all of the top 10 new covid cases states are democrat states and all of the bottom 10 states with fewest new cases are trumplican states....
he was just getting ready to post that and you preempted him.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:53 PM   #198
scottw

Quote:
he was just getting ready to post that and you preempted him.
I think he's busy joining the hunt for QAnon....
Old 12-10-2021, 09:10 PM   #199
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly girls,
Last night I had dinner with about a dozen friends, average age over 70 and far more conservative than you ne’er do wells.
Consensus was we all took vacinnes for the common good without whining about our rights
Judge for yourself, I don’t have a hard time figuring out who’s full of baloney
Especially when I look at tattoos and hear about fear of needles
Old 12-10-2021, 09:31 PM   #200
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
then there’s burdens vaccine mandates that courts are striking down all over.
The fact that your phone auto-corrected Biden to Burden is friggin priceless

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #201
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The fact that your phone auto-corrected Biden to Burden is friggin priceless
yup! have a good weekend.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:30 AM   #202
wdmso

Quote:
Euronews Sept 23, 20021

NY TIMES Oct 1, 2021

CBS Nov 14, 2021

Reuters Nov 25, 2021

CBS DEC 6, 2021

Here we go again with the vaccine didn’t work nonsense . Masks don’t work. Bla bla bla. Look at Portugal…. Not sure where the right got the goal of the vaccine was to prevent infection? this simplified thinking is the hallmark of conservatives now it’s bag to red state blue state . All while ignoring where it was over the summer the majority of who’s being infected. ( the unvaccinated) They see delta no different than the original
Old 12-11-2021, 02:36 AM   #203
wdmso

Quote:
Euronews Sept 23, 20021

NY TIMES Oct 1, 2021

CBS Nov 14, 2021

Reuters Nov 25, 2021

CBS DEC 6, 2021

the prime minister warned Tuesday that the latest infection surge across Europe compels the Portuguese government to consider precautionary measures.

We can’t ignore the signs,” Prime Minister António Costa said of the European Union’s growing number of new confirmed cases. “The later we act, the greater the risk.”

So far, daily deaths of people with COVID-19 remain in the single digits, and the number of infected patients requiring ICU treatment has been below 100 since mid-September.

New restrictions on gatherings and rules on mask-wearing are possible, however. COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing serious illness but don’t stop coronavirus infections.

Seems this part of the story was absent in and even they don’t think the vaccine prevents infections
Old 12-11-2021, 03:24 AM   #204
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Silly girls,
Last night I had dinner with about a dozen friends, average age over 70 and far more conservative than you ne’er do wells.
Consensus was we all took vacinnes for the common good without whining about our rights
Judge for yourself, I don’t have a hard time figuring out who’s full of baloney
Especially when I look at tattoos and hear about fear of needles
Ok Jussie....
Old 12-11-2021, 03:31 AM   #205
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

even they don’t think the vaccine prevents infections....

so the vaccine doesn't prevent infections...

Last edited by scottw; 12-11-2021 at 03:49 AM..
Old 12-11-2021, 03:46 AM   #206
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ok Jussie....
Sure Tucker…

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #207
scottw

Quote:

…. Not sure where the right got the goal of the vaccine was to prevent infection?

Old 12-19-2021, 02:16 PM   #208
wdmso

On November 4th, the day after the election, a text from Perry's phone sent to Meadows recommended taking an "aggressive" plan to stop President Joe Biden from being declared the winner.

"Here's an aggressive strategy," the message began. "Why can't Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and other Republican-controlled state houses declare this is B.S. (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote."

Antifa must have sent the text
Old 12-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #209
scottw

Quote:

"Here's an aggressive strategy," the message began. "Why can't Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and other Republican-controlled state houses declare this is B.S. (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote."

no gunplay mentioned?
Old 12-19-2021, 04:29 PM   #210
wdmso

Quote:
no gunplay mentioned?
If it had, you still wouldn’t see it as a big deal .