Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-05-2022, 02:52 PM   #361
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

if they committed suicide because of trespassers, then we need stricter requirements for who qualifies for federal law enforcement.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is like people dying with covid or from covid...
Old 01-05-2022, 03:06 PM   #362
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
but if they committed suicide because of trespassers, then we need stricter requirements for who qualifies for federal law enforcement.
That is one of the stupidest statements, I guess the military better tighten up their vetting also Jim, maybe everyone could all benefit from your ability to identify those individuals who could possibly be severely affected by ptsd and might take their own lives in the future. You probably already have the winning powerball numbers too, man I wish I could see the future, what a gift.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #363
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
but the summer 2020 riots which resulted in many deaths and way more property damage, those were mostly peaceful. you have no problem with that description.
Answering for myself; I do not agree with any of those being characterized as peaceful. They were there for a confrontation. Portland is perfect example. Violence is violence. Less violence does not earn an event the peaceful description. Half wrong? Kinda pregnant? Just doesn't fly.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:14 PM   #364
Pete F.
Canceled

“What about all the BLM riots?”

What about them?

There have been thousands of protestors prosecuted for breaking the law.
Stop pretending you don’t understand the difference between burning down Target and attacking our nation’s capitol during the election certification.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:14 PM   #365
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Answering for myself; I do not agree with any of those being characterized as peaceful. They were there for a confrontation. Portland is perfect example. Violence is violence. Less violence does not earn an event the peaceful description. Half wrong? Kinda pregnant? Just doesn't fly.
Jim loves to take the far left media talking points and suggest those are our views.

Ps: I’m sure many weren’t happy to listen to the AG’s speech today, it’s far from over and those mostly peaceful individuals involved behind the scenes might be nervous.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-05-2022 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #366
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim loves to take the far left media talking points and suggest those are our views.

Ps: I’m sure many weren’t happy to listen to the AG’s speech today, it’s far from over and those mostly peaceful individuals involved behind the scenes might be nervous.
is CNN far left?

let me ask you point blank. which was more violent, the blm riots of 2020 or january 6? if you say january 6, on what basis ( deaths, hospitalizations, property damage $) would you say january 6?

have fun.

it’s not just the fringe left that does what you’re claiming i cling to. 99% of the left does it.

AOC mocks FL for dangerously managing covid, then is seen partying maskless at a FL bar. When conservatives call out the hypocrisy ( because no one on the left would dare do it). she says people dislike her because she’s got and we can’t have her.

zero criticism from the left.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:30 PM   #367
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
is CNN far left?

let me ask you point blank. which was more violent, the blm riots of 2020 or january 6? if you say january 6, on what basis ( deaths, hospitalizations, property damage $) would you say january 6?

have fun.

it’s not just the fringe left that does what you’re claiming i cling to. 99% of the left does it.

AOC mocks FL for dangerously managing covid, then is seen partying maskless at a FL bar. When conservatives call out the hypocrisy ( because no one on the left would dare do it). she says people dislike her because she’s got and we can’t have her.

zero criticism from the left.
Jim is AOC or CNN debating January 6th with you on this board, don’t lump all democrats or independents who voted Biden into your narrative. January 6th is far and away worse than any BLM protest gone bad, but I know you will never admit it was.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #368
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim is AOC or CNN debating January 6th with you on this board, don’t lump all democrats or independents who voted Biden into your narrative. January 6th is far and away worse than any BLM protest gone bad, but I know you will never admit it was.
i’d admit january 6 was worse, if there was any possible rational reason to conclude that. the summer riots caused way more deaths, way more property damage. so i guess you don’t use the amount of violence or property damage to compare riots. those seem like pretty obvious metrics to use. not to you though.

“is AOC debating you”

oh. so you’re saying i should
only bring up people who are here debating. the lefties here never bring up trump? is he here debating? or is it only wrongheaded when i point to politicians who aren’t posting here?

you dodged the issue of AOC, because like every other liberal here, you’re incapable of just admitting she was a little
hypocritical to party in FL and very stupid to sexualize all criticism of her. you just can’t do it.

the AG heading up the january 6 investigation worked with teachers unions to flag concerned parents as domestic terrorists if they did things like make the nazi salute. so why wouldn’t we all have great confidence.

my deepest hope is that trump not run again, so i hope they get the goods on him.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:16 PM   #369
spence

Quote:
i’d admit january 6 was worse, if there was any possible rational reason to conclude that. the summer riots caused way more deaths, way more property damage. so i guess you don’t use the amount of violence or property damage to compare riots. those seem like pretty obvious metrics to use. not to you though.
It's a stupid comparison.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:31 PM   #370
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's what you say about every single comparison or discussion that makes the left look bad.

Question for you, what do you think of AOC? She criticizes Florida for being too lenient regarding covid, then shes seen drinking there without a mask, then when she's criticized for hypocrisy, she says her critics are deranged with frustration at not being able to be intimate with her.

What's your opinion of that behavior?
Old 01-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #371
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
That's what you say about every single comparison or discussion that makes the left look bad.

Question for you, what do you think of AOC? She criticizes Florida for being too lenient regarding covid, then shes seen drinking there without a mask, then when she's criticized for hypocrisy, she says her critics are deranged with frustration at not being able to be intimate with her.

What's your opinion of that behavior?
The comments by her critic, Owens, got weird about boyfriend's feet and choice of footwear, after having been on point about her actions in Fla. contradicting her stands back home/at work.
As for her reply? It was sophomoric. But it is a stretch to infer she said that he (Owens) or Republicans or you and me want to pound the stuffing out of her in bed.... It is the stretching of the truth, that is the behavior I have a low opinion of...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:58 PM   #372
wdmso

Quote:
Ashley Babbit was unarmed, and killed for the crime of trespassing, by a cop with a documented history of being stupidly reckless with his firearm.

she was a white trumper, killed by a black cop, which is exactly why the left ignores her death. if she was a black gang banger killed by a white cop in a questionable shooting then the left would care. there’d be riots, speeches by al sharpton, etc.

it’s all politics. the left is making january 6 out to be more than it was, the right wa td to pretend it never happened.

It’s just politics sure that’s all it is

Rep. Greene to Newsmax: Dems Trying to 'Brainwash the Public' About Jan. 6
Old 01-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #373
wdmso

Love the defense of Babbit and how the Jan6th rioters was as Pence said just a day in January

So let’s ignore any thing Trump ever said before during or after Jan6th , let’s ignore all his inner circle who are suing the Jan6th commission so their involvement isn’t exposed , let’s ignore that Trump is claiming executive privilege when he has none and files bogus lawsuits, then let’s try to compare attacks on a federal building in Seattle to the events of. Jan6th. An attempt to disrupt the certification of the election and trumps big lie which his cult still thinks happened. There is no middle road on this topic you can’t pick the things you like about Trump and ignore everything else. It’s this basic ! you support Trump you supports seditious Trump the and his supporters in their entirety .. No verbal gymnastics can change that.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #374
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Love the defense of Babbit and how the Jan6th rioters was as Pence said just a day in January

So let’s ignore any thing Trump ever said before during or after Jan6th , let’s ignore all his inner circle who are suing the Jan6th commission so their involvement isn’t exposed , let’s ignore that Trump is claiming executive privilege when he has none and files bogus lawsuits, then let’s try to compare attacks on a federal building in Seattle to the events of. Jan6th. An attempt to disrupt the certification of the election and trumps big lie which his cult still thinks happened. There is no middle road on this topic you can’t pick the things you like about Trump and ignore everything else. It’s this basic ! you support Trump you supports seditious Trump the and his supporters in their entirety .. No verbal gymnastics can change that.
It’s pretty simple, Jim is being brainwashed to accept authoritarian rule.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:55 PM   #375
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
No it’s not

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-05-2022, 07:51 PM   #376
scottw

Well….dementia joe assured the nation the other day that he’s optimistic about 2020. So I guess there’s nothing to worry about. Can’t wait to hear what he tries to say tomorrow
Old 01-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #377
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso;1220125

So let’s ignore any thing Trump ever said ,

[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
Democraps should be very grateful that MAGA Force tried to capture the flag because it’s the only distraction they can currently muster to deflect from the disaster that is Biden and his administration
Old 01-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #378
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s pretty simple, Jim is being brainwashed to accept authoritarian rule.
brainwashed, yet i can immediately disagree with conservatives on big issues. you agree with liberals in every single issue, and never side against liberals ever.

that’s not brainwashed?

yes like most conservatives, i’m very pro authoritarian.
Old 01-05-2022, 08:47 PM   #379
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No it’s not
30 people killed in those summer
riots, two thousand cops injured.

but january 6th was worse than that, probably worse than 9/11 and a million ones worse than Gettysburg.

Democrats know well that americans don’t like
their ideas. so rather than spending any time discussing their policies, they spend 100% of their time telling america why we need to fear republicans ( who have better ideas and run states which people
are moving to).

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-05-2022 at 08:53 PM..
Old 01-05-2022, 09:13 PM   #380
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
30 people killed in those summer
riots, two thousand cops injured.

but january 6th was worse than that, probably worse than 9/11 and a million ones worse than Gettysburg.

Democrats know well that americans don’t like
their ideas. so rather than spending any time discussing their policies, they spend 100% of their time telling america why we need to fear republicans ( who have better ideas and run states which people
are moving to).
You just couldn't help yourself, could you? It is comments like what I have put in bold that stop someone like me from taking you seriously. And you were so close....

Old 01-05-2022, 09:22 PM   #381
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
yes like most conservatives, i’m very pro authoritarian.
Hmm... just connecting the dots.

au·thor·i·tar·i·an

adjective
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Similar:
autocratic dictatorial totalitarian despotic tyrannical

Old 01-05-2022, 09:35 PM   #382
spence

Quote:

au·thor·i·tar·i·an

adjective
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Similar:
Jim is just confused. He says it was a bad thing but plays into every right wing trope on how it wasn’t that big of a deal just to try and impress Scott.

This is why social media sucks.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:31 PM   #383
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim is just confused. He says it was a bad thing but plays into every right wing trope on how it wasn’t that big of a deal just to try and impress Scott.

This is why social media sucks.
i ask on what basis one would conclude january 6 was worse than the BlM riots. GS hides, you lob insults. It’s what simpletons do when they’ve lost, but they’re too small to admit it.

Scott and i have disagreed on some big issues here. have you ever once, even one time, disagreed with pete or wayne or paul? one time?

nope.

every single person here, knows exactly what you’re going to say before you say it, on every single solitary issue. that’s not a great thing. what’s the difference between you and sean hannity? nothing. you’re his exact mirror image, exactly as thoughtless, predictable, parrot-like, and boring.

no authoritarian, would let the media treat him, the way they treated trump. he didn’t like it, and handled it like a baby, but he didn’t shut them down like any authoritarian would.

meanwhile biden’s authoritarian mandates are getting struck
down everywhere. as his refusal
to let military claim religious exemptions. i didn’t know the bill
of rights specifies that it doesn’t apply to the military.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-05-2022 at 10:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2022, 04:31 AM   #384
scottw

Quote:

meanwhile biden’s authoritarian mandates are getting struck
down everywhere.

size]
democrat mandates and democrat authoritarians are good because they are good for you and come from experts with 99.9% consensus or something....

trump isn't president and we know who the authoritarians are
Old 01-06-2022, 04:34 AM   #385
scottw

Quote:

You just couldn't help yourself, could you? It is comments like what I have put in bold that stop someone like me from taking you seriously. And you were so close....
it's the democrats that have decided three hours of trespassing were some of the darkest in American history...I guess we shouldn't take them seriously....

back to your itchy trigger finger.....when you started blasting away before they reached the top of the stairs.....would you just pick a few off and see if that caused a response and turned the forces away at that point or would you just mow them down and let God sort them out?
just trying to understand the strategy....
Old 01-06-2022, 05:23 AM   #386
scottw

Quote:

au·thor·i·tar·i·an

adjective

Similar:
just looking around the room here....who would be most likely to embrace the authoritarian role?...let's go top 3...who would enjoy most, the ability to control and direct the lives of others in an authoritarian way through government because they think they are the most informed and consider themselves the smartest and best equipped morally and ethically to do so....I'll give you a little time

ps. this doesn't sound authoritarian....."Vice President Kamala Harris said during her CBS interview Sunday that 'democracy' is the most significant national security threat facing the United States. "

Last edited by scottw; 01-06-2022 at 05:39 AM..
Old 01-06-2022, 06:08 AM   #387
Jim in CT

Quote:
That is one of the stupidest statements, I guess the military better tighten up their vetting also Jim, maybe everyone could all benefit from your ability to identify those individuals who could possibly be severely affected by ptsd and might take their own lives in the future. You probably already have the winning powerball numbers too, man I wish I could see the future, what a gift.
ptsd from combat is something anyone can understand.

i’m not sure i buy that anyone has ever been driven to suicide because of dealing with trespassing and low grade vandalism.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:51 AM   #388
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Jan 6th, a stupid bumbling of idiots, inspired by an idiot, reflecting the previous year of idiots and idiotic violence, that somehow became the greatest threat to Democracy since The Civil War.

We're screwed.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-06-2022, 06:52 AM   #389
Jim in CT

Quote:

au·thor·i·tar·i·an

adjective

Similar:
so, does forcing people
to inject medicine they don’t wish to take, qualify as “forcing obedience to authority at expense to personal
freedom?”

how about telling military they can’t qualify for religious exemptions, which was struck down as unconstitutional by a federal judge?

trump trying toni return an election he didn’t win, obviously qualifies as dictatorial. but i don’t know that trump’s policies stripped
us of a lot of freedoms. he eliminated a lot of federal regulations. and no dictator wirthnhis salt, would
allow cnn and msnbc to attack him 24/7.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #390
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Stop pretending you don’t understand the difference between burning down Target and.....

oh....was that all that happened?