Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-21-2022, 07:18 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's only 3 minutes

https://youtu.be/SdrtyVMcH9o
whew. if a conservative was writing a sitcom about the downside of liberal indoctrination in academia, they couldn’t write a scene better than how that unfolded.

the kid had imperious righteousness, yet had zero ability to explain anything. that’s what happens what you’re taught what to think, not how to think?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-21-2022, 07:19 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m sure you both will dissuade your children from wasting their time and your money on an Ivy League education. Community College is fine, lots of self made billionaires are dropouts
Old 01-21-2022, 07:20 AM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
whew. if a conservative was writing a sitcom about the downside of liberal indoctrination in academia, they couldn’t write a scene better than how that unfolded.

the kid had imperious righteousness, yet had zero ability to explain anything. that’s what happens what you’re taught what to think, not how to think?
good news is that if these leftists ever decide they actually want to fight it out over America...it won't last very long
Old 01-21-2022, 07:29 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
good news is that if these leftists ever decide they actually want to fight it out over America...it won't last very long
agreed, the next civil war will be a whole lot shorter than the first one.

that kid couldn’t admit that the interviewer was asking him a question.

interviewer: what disinformation are we spreading?

kid: you don’t want to know.

interviewer; yes i do, that’s why i just asked you.

kid: no you didn’t.

he couldn’t admit that the guy asked him a question. why couldn’t he admit that?

what are we preparing that kid for, exactly? perhaps his own show at CNN?
Old 01-21-2022, 08:54 AM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
"Jim what’s stopping conservatives from becoming Academics ?"

They don't get hired. That's what's stopping them. This might be news to you, but a conservative can't just show up on a college campus and declare himself a professor and start teaching. You have to get hired first. They don't hire conservatives.

"It’s a liberal profession it’s not rocket science. And what’s so nefarious about it"

What's nefarious, is that kids aren't educated, they're indoctrinated. They aren't taught how to think, they are taught what to think. What's nefarious about it, is that college students go berserk when a conservative speaker is invited to give a simple talk on campus. Instead of engaging the conservative speaker like a normal person, the college kids can't deal with it, they need a safe space to curl up into a ball and suck their thumbs. What's nefarious about it, is that conservative speakers are routinely mobbed off stage, rather than being given a chance to speak. It turns college kids into adults like you, who are physically incapable of processing anything that doesn't support the liberal narrative. What's nefarious about it, is that conservative students cannot possibly feel comfortable expressing their views in class, when their teacher says their views are as evil as Hitler.

I took a sociology class at UCONN, taught by a marxist female who hated everybody to the right of Bernie Sanders. She made us read a autobiography by convicted cop killer Abu Mumia Jamal, the whole autobiography was whiny rant about how the cops framed him. We had one courageous student in th eclass, who said to the teacher "you know, the widow of the cop he killed, also wrote a book, maybe we could read that book too, to get both sides of the event."

The teacher went berserk at the suggestion.

Again, that was one example, and one observation doesn't mean anything. But that stuff happens every single day, on every single campus.

Here's a study that suggests that democrats professors outnumber republican professors nine to one. 9 to 1. That's not an accident.

Liberals want diversity of everything, except of ideas.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...t-top-colleges

Jim your just another conspiracy chasing right wing fanatic using all these loaded words the only indoctrinated person I see is you

They don't get hired. That's what's
Ya ok you said you were a teacher there goes that theory

they're indoctrinated. Another talking point shocking

I taught in public school Wayne, and was a student at three different colleges. I saw it.

Need a tissue Some people aren’t cut out to be Teachers

So who indoctrinated the millions of Americans who do go no go to college ? K-12 teacher s? Or all the school boards in America?

so Red state school boards and teachers have indoctrinated red state kids! in some grand conspiracy?

You need to wipe of that kool aid mustache . It may leave a permanent stain! if it hasn’t already

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-21-2022 at 09:31 AM..
Old 01-21-2022, 09:18 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

The 2010 US Supreme Court Citizens United decision hung a giant "FOR SALE" sign on the US Government and now everyone's surprised that "we the people" got replaced by "corporations are people."

If you’re paying attention, you see the Federalist Society justices moving pieces out on the chessboard to set up later moves for the deregulatory dark-money donors who put them on the Court.

No public education. No public healthcare. No public safety nets. No action vs. climate change.....

The Birch – Koch – Federalist – Mercer – DeVos – Fossil Fuel – 1% – Bannon – Thiel.....way
Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #37
wdmso

How many conservatives host their own shows at CNN or MSNBC?

That’s your response Jim ..

I fell out of my chair you showed got stripers You own that lib lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DA2C25EB-C03A-497B-8345-8D520DE33436.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	68701  
Old 01-21-2022, 09:22 AM   #38
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=wdmso;1221053]
Quote:
"Jim what’s stopping conservatives from becoming Academics ?"

They don't get hired. That's what's stopping them. This might be news to you, but a conservative can't just show up on a college campus and declare himself a professor and start teaching. You have to get hired first. They don't hire conservatives.

"It’s a liberal profession it’s not rocket science. And what’s so nefarious about it"

What's nefarious, is that kids aren't educated, they're indoctrinated. They aren't taught how to think, they are taught what to think. What's nefarious about it, is that college students go berserk when a conservative speaker is invited to give a simple talk on campus. Instead of engaging the conservative speaker like a normal person, the college kids can't deal with it, they need a safe space to curl up into a ball and suck their thumbs. What's nefarious about it, is that conservative speakers are routinely mobbed off stage, rather than being given a chance to speak. It turns college kids into adults like you, who are physically incapable of processing anything that doesn't support the liberal narrative. What's nefarious about it, is that conservative students cannot possibly feel comfortable expressing their views in class, when their teacher says their views are as evil as Hitler.

I took a sociology class at UCONN, taught by a marxist female who hated everybody to the right of Bernie Sanders. She made us read a autobiography by convicted cop killer Abu Mumia Jamal, the whole autobiography was whiny rant about how the cops framed him. We had one courageous student in th eclass, who said to the teacher "you know, the widow of the cop he killed, also wrote a book, maybe we could read that book too, to get both sides of the event."

The teacher went berserk at the suggestion.

Again, that was one example, and one observation doesn't mean anything. But that stuff happens every single day, on every single campus.

Here's a study that suggests that democrats professors outnumber republican professors nine to one. 9 to 1. That's not an accident.

Liberals want diversity of everything, except of ideas.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...t-top-colleges[/QUO

Jim your just another conspiracy chasing right wing fanatic using all these loaded words the only indoctrinated person I see is you

They don't get hired. That's what's
Ya ok you said you were a teacher there goes that theory

they're indoctrinated. Another talking point shocking

I taught in public school Wayne, and was a student at three different colleges. I saw it.

Need a tissue Some people aren’t cut out to be Teachers

So who indoctrinated the millions of Americans who do go no go to college ? K-12 teacher s? Or all the school boards in America?

so Red state school boards and teachers have indoctrinated red state kids! in some grand conspiracy?

You need to wipe of that kool aid mustache . It may leave a permanent stain! if it hasn’t already
"the only indoctrinated person I see is you"

Yeah? i've said here, there are big issues on which I agree 100% with democrats. If you're a free-thinker and not a puppet, please tell us which big issues, you agree 100% with conservatives on.

Every single post you've ever made here, every single one, praises liberals and attacks conservatives. But you're not indoctrinated.

"Ya ok you said you were a teacher there goes that theory"

Except it was decades ago, I taught middle school not college, and I was a registered democrat then. Yeah, you really got me there Wayne.

"So who indoctrinated the millions of Americans who do go no go to college ? K-12 teacher s? Or all the school boards in America?"

Not all school boards. But most. Rarely do you hear of right-wing teachers indoctrinating students, it's almost always liberal teachers forcing their beliefs on students. Almost every single time.

The fact that you don't concede it, doesn't mean it's not true. We could fill the oceans with truths that you deny.

On college campuses, why is it always the right-wing speakers who got mobbed off the stage by liberal protesters? Never the other way around?
Old 01-21-2022, 09:31 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

So who indoctrinated the millions of Americans who do go no go to college ?

this won't look good on your college application....
Old 01-21-2022, 09:37 AM   #40
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
this won't look good on your college application....
I’m sure some college will take him

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-21-2022, 09:52 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

If you listen to Jim repeat what he’s trained to spout, you’ll find that liberals are responsible for racism, slavery, and the Ku Klux Klan. They admire Mussolini and Hitler, and modern liberalism is little different from fascism or, even worse, communism. The mainstream media and academia cannot be trusted because of the pervasive, totalitarian nature of liberal culture.
And they have had this grand conspiracy going forever.

The Russia investigation is dismissed, from the president on down, as a politicized witch hunt. George Soros supposedly paid $300 to each participant in the “March for Our Lives” in March.
What is less well appreciated by liberals is that the language of conspiracy is often used to justify similar behavior on the right. The Russia investigation is not just a witch hunt, it’s the product of the real scandal, which is Hillary-Russia-Obama-FBI collusion, so we must investigate that. Soros funds paid campus protestors, so Turning Point USA needs millions of dollars from Republican donors to win university elections. The liberal academic establishment prevents conservative voices from getting plum faculty jobs, so the Koch Foundation needs to give millions of dollars to universities with strings very much attached.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:05 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you listen to Jim repeat what he’s trained to spout, you’ll find that liberals are responsible for racism, slavery, and the Ku Klux Klan. They admire Mussolini and Hitler, and modern liberalism is little different from fascism or, even worse, communism. The mainstream media and academia cannot be trusted because of the pervasive, totalitarian nature of liberal culture.

The Russia investigation is dismissed, from the president on down, as a politicized witch hunt. George Soros supposedly paid $300 to each participant in the “March for Our Lives” in March.
What is less well appreciated by liberals is that the language of conspiracy is often used to justify similar behavior on the right. The Russia investigation is not just a witch hunt, it’s the product of the real scandal, which is Hillary-Russia-Obama-FBI collusion, so we must investigate that. Soros funds paid campus protestors, so Turning Point USA needs millions of dollars from Republican donors to win university elections. The liberal academic establishment prevents conservative voices from getting plum faculty jobs, so the Koch Foundation needs to give millions of dollars to universities with strings very much attached.
dear plagiarism pete...this would not go over well in college either...
Old 01-21-2022, 10:30 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:

n is dismissed, from the president on down, as a pThe Russia investigatiooliticized witch hunt. George Soros supposedly paid $300 to each participant in the “March for Our Lives” in March.
If you listen to Pete spew what he has been taught to spew, you'll hear that democrats are never wring about anything, republicans are never right about anything.

Pete, who supported slavery and Jim Crow, and who fought against it? Can you answer that, please?

"The mainstream media and academia cannot be trusted because of the pervasive, totalitarian nature of liberal cult"

What I've said, is that the media and academia have a liberal bias. I'm not saying that they can never be fair, or that they're always wrong. I'm saying they're biased, and the data bears that out.

The Russia investigation was, precisely, a worthless political witch hunt. That doesn't mean I defend everything Trump has done. But that was a sham.

"Hillary-Russia-Obama-FBI collusion, so we must investigate that. "

The Steele dossier, in particular, was a mockery of justice, a political weapon used by people who hate Trump, to violate the rights of a US citizen.

"The liberal academic establishment prevents conservative voices from getting plum faculty jobs"

Obviously, irrefutably true, especially teaching jobs in the humanities and liberal arts.

Man you are a kook.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:37 AM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
agreed, the next civil war will be a whole lot shorter than the first one.

“good news is that if these leftists ever decide they actually want to fight it out over America...it won't last very long”
Scott

So the guys who aren’t proud enough of their beliefs to admit them in public or at work, think that the cosplay warriors would put up a fight

https://youtu.be/oI-BoEca2bE

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 10:47 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
“good news is that if these leftists ever decide they actually want to fight it out over America...it won't last very long”
Scott

So the guys who aren’t proud enough of their beliefs to admit them in public or at work, think that the cosplay warriors would put up a fight

https://youtu.be/oI-BoEca2bE
Pete, you guys denying that media and academia have a liberal bias, makes exactly as much sense as my denying that foxnews has a conservative bias. Anyone who'd say that, is both an idiot and a liar. You'd deny the sky is blue if the DNC told you to.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:59 AM   #46
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Back before the internet, I’d go to the comics in the Sunday paper first, nothing better than a good laugh to start your day. Now I come to the SB political forum to chuckle watching you two girls pee In each other’s pool thread after pathetic thread. I will give Pete credit for persistence, Jim cudos for always being right and Wayne credit for attempting to have a respectable debate. Ross will chime in occasionally to attempt to bring in civility, but that is of course an exercise in futility. Scott loves to show how SMART (said in a hard Boston accent) he is, always on the lookout for a chance to jump on someone not watching out for spell check errors and always the occasional do drop in by Dad and others with pearls of wisdom.

And then there is DeBarr, just a trolling Midwest crappie fisherman who absolutely loves listening to himself.

Carry on I’m enjoying the #^&#^&#^&#^& show.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:01 AM   #47
scottw

Quote:

You'd deny the sky is blue if the DNC told you to.
he would cut and paste what they wrote and then present it as his own thought and then tell you that you are programmed to say stuff
Old 01-21-2022, 11:02 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Back before the internet,
oh good...old people stories
Old 01-21-2022, 11:04 AM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Pete, you guys denying that media and academia have a liberal bias, makes exactly as much sense as my denying that foxnews has a conservative bias. Anyone who'd say that, is both an idiot and a liar. You'd deny the sky is blue if the DNC told you to.
Academia has a politically Progressive bias, not a politically liberal bias. Progressivism is not liberal in the classical sense of that word. Progressivism is authoritarian in its nature.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:05 AM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Back before the internet, I’d go to the comics in the Sunday paper first, nothing better than a good laugh to start your day. Now I come to the SB political forum to chuckle watching you two girls pee In each other’s pool thread after pathetic thread. I will give Pete credit for persistence, Jim cudos for always being right and Wayne credit for attempting to have a respectable debate. Ross will chime in occasionally to attempt to bring in civility, but that is of course an exercise in futility. Scott loves to show how SMART (said in a hard Boston accent) he is, always on the lookout for a chance to jump on someone not watching out for spell check errors and always the occasional do drop in by Dad and others with pearls of wisdom.

And then there is DeBarr, just a trolling Midwest crappie fisherman who absolutely loves listening to himself.

Carry on I’m enjoying the #^&#^&#^&#^& show.
so when you come on, lob baseless insults and scurry off, that’s ok.

but whenever anyone you disagree with posts here, it’s a character flaw.

sorry i missed that memo that made you overlord of all things here, but i must say, that’s a nice position for you to be in. Good work if you can get it.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:11 AM   #51
detbuch

Quote:

sorry i missed that memo that made you overlord of all things here, but i must say, that’s a nice position for you to be in. Good work if you can get it.
He's in his mindless comfort zone. A gallon of salty buttered up popcorn, a preferably funny show . . . and he's good to go.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:13 AM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If you listen to Pete spew what he has been taught to spew, you'll hear that democrats are never wring about anything, republicans are never right about anything.

Pete, who supported slavery and Jim Crow, and who fought against it? Can you answer that, please?

"The mainstream media and academia cannot be trusted because of the pervasive, totalitarian nature of liberal cult"

What I've said, is that the media and academia have a liberal bias. I'm not saying that they can never be fair, or that they're always wrong. I'm saying they're biased, and the data bears that out.

The Russia investigation was, precisely, a worthless political witch hunt. That doesn't mean I defend everything Trump has done. But that was a sham.

"Hillary-Russia-Obama-FBI collusion, so we must investigate that. "

The Steele dossier, in particular, was a mockery of justice, a political weapon used by people who hate Trump, to violate the rights of a US citizen.

"The liberal academic establishment prevents conservative voices from getting plum faculty jobs"

Obviously, irrefutably true, especially teaching jobs in the humanities and liberal arts.

Man you are a kook.
I’ve rebutted everyone of your claims before, if the basis of your beliefs is that the Republican Party is still the Party of Lincoln and the Democratic Party is the Party of George Wallace and Bull Connor, you are stupid.

You still haven’t read the Mueller report or the Steele dossier.

If you think the Steele raw intelligence report is all made up, just what did Paul Manafort not “rat out” Trump for and then get pardoned? What was Roger Stone pardoned for?
Did Trump have deals in Russia?

Just how are your great speakers Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Charles Murray, and Ann Coulter disrupted, nothing makes them happier, In some instances, they seem to invite, and delight in, disruption. Anything to enhance their victimization.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 11:21 AM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Academia has a politically Progressive bias, not a politically liberal bias. Progressivism is not liberal in the classical sense of that word. Progressivism is authoritarian in its nature.
If you want to be socially progressive, you have to support initiatives that foster social progress, like education equality, women’s health resources, criminal justice reform, universal healthcare, workplace equality, and so on. These initiatives either cost taxpayer money, require governmentally enforced regulation, or both. If you believe in smaller government and want to pay less in taxes, how do you propose social progress be made? Because if there’s no social progress funding, there’s no social progress. Passive support is no support at all.

You can be socially conservative and fiscally conservative, but if you’re fiscally conservative, you can only be either socially conservative or a person who doesn’t give a #^&#^&#^&#^&. And not giving a #^&#^&#^&#^& is not progressive.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 11:23 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
He's in his mindless comfort zone. A gallon of salty buttered up popcorn, a preferably funny show . . . and he's good to go.
don’t forget his Sunday funnies.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:24 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

I think Jim’s 👮 worried that you want his badge.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 11:28 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:

you are stupid.

atta boy.....
Old 01-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #57
detbuch

Quote:
If you want to be socially progressive, you have to support initiatives that foster social progress, like education equality, women’s health resources, criminal justice reform, universal healthcare, workplace equality, and so on. These initiatives either cost taxpayer money, require governmentally enforced regulation, or both. If you believe in smaller government and want to pay less in taxes, how do you propose social progress be made? Because if there’s no social progress funding, there’s no social progress. Passive support is no support at all.

You can be socially conservative and fiscally conservative, but if you’re fiscally conservative, you can only be either socially conservative or a person who doesn’t give a #^&#^&#^&#^&. And not giving a #^&#^&#^&#^& is not progressive.
In other words . . . you admit that Progressivism is authoritarian. And, like all good authoritarians, you claim your brand is for the good of society.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
In other words . . . you admit that Progressivism is authoritarian. And, like all good authoritarians, you claim your brand is for the good of society.
No, do you believe that no social progress is good.
At what point in time should it be halted or do you propose that we be time warped back to?
Are you like some here, wishing for the 50s and Eisenhower…..who identified as a progressive conservative(oops)

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 12:04 PM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
atta boy.....
Atta boy, you missed the statement

“I’ve rebutted everyone of your claims before, if the basis of your beliefs is that the Republican Party is still the Party of Lincoln and the Democratic Party is the Party of George Wallace and Bull Connor, you are stupid.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:

sure! conservatives HATE equality ( despite opposing slavery and jim crow), conservatives really despise women’s health. we really hate it when women are healthy.

just say “abortion”. if there’s nothing immoral about abortion, why do you feel the need to hide it in a euphemism like “women’s health”?

school equality? sorry, liberals adamantly oppose school choice.