Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obama said recently that Republicans "have to sit in the back of the bus" and that republicans are the "enemy" of Hispanics. Can we fire him...please?

Juan Williams admitted feelings that are shared by more than 90% of living human beings. Earnedstripes, you're telling me that when you're on a plane, you make no distinction whether the person sitting next to you is an elderly nun, or a young Muslim man screaming "Allah is great"? You really aren't more concerned about one than the other?

Bull@!%t.
Sure there is a difference..., but not one so substantial that it is going to trigger any consternation. That's just how I see it. There are a lot of folks in Kuala Lampur chanting Allah is great... and for that matter, Philadelphia. But if I was sweating, it was because it was so hot... or because of the peppers I added to Philly's rendition of a steak and cheese. You can have your fear, and if it serves your ends well, your sohistry too. I prefer to avoid stereotypes, and given Juan Williams written elaborations on the struggles of black attorneys, I would have thought he would have done the same.