Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #1
Rmarsh

Workplace injuries

Working construction has lots of hazards. I had my first serious work related injury when I was just 18..... a spliced wooden jack pole snapped while I was working at the top....concussion....broken pelvis...stitches...I was a mess.....I remember them cutting my clothes off with scissors. After I healed up went right back to work...same job
Been very lucky since then and only minor stuff......Have seen others get hurt...but nothing as serious.
I was working on a new house years ago....second floor bathroom.....I heard the masons working up on the roof...and I wondered if they knew how slippery a wood shingle roof is when wet. Nope....I heard some sounds... like boots sliding over the butts of the cedar shingles...looked out and saw a very large man go by the window....couldnt believe it when he got up and limped away.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote