Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i gave obama credit all the time for lowering unemployment. i’m not a hypocrite.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I stand corrected.. now Trumps believe the unemployment numbers
Old 10-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I stand corrected.. now Trumps believe the unemployment numbers
for the second time, i believe obama helped
lower unemployment significantly. i think trump is continuing that, and doing even better, especially with blacks.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Now more proof how low some Repubs. can go. Try taking Warren's heritage away in addition to lying about Obama's religion and birthplace and yet you continue with the same old line about how bad the Dems. treat Repubs.

Maybe at the next Trump rally there can be chants of "Lock her up" - pathetic.
there’s no evidence her claims
we’re true. warren is disgusting, and that’s not a low
blow, it’s based on why she actually says and does. god i hope she’s the nominee.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:37 AM   #64
wdmso

Quote:
for the second time, i believe obama helped
lower unemployment significantly. i think trump is continuing that, and doing even better, especially with blacks.
I acknowledge that all ready (hence I stand corrected )

Why do white people aka Trump supporters keep using unemployment especially with blacks. ..

black 6.6 percent high unemployment rate compared to every other major racial and ethic group in the U.S. The rate in April was 4.8 percent for Hispanics, 3.6 percent for whites and 2.7 percent for Asian-Americans.

Decades of no jobs is again ignored .. But the suggestions From Trump and you are they are good now great high paying wages ... just look at the unemployment rate ??? .. when reality on the ground is quite different
Old 10-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
I acknowledge that all ready (hence I stand corrected )

Why do white people aka Trump supporters keep using unemployment especially with blacks. ..

black 6.6 percent high unemployment rate compared to every other major racial and ethic group in the U.S. The rate in April was 4.8 percent for Hispanics, 3.6 percent for whites and 2.7 percent for Asian-Americans.

Decades of no jobs is again ignored .. But the suggestions From Trump and you are they are good now great high paying wages ... just look at the unemployment rate ??? .. when reality on the ground is quite different
i bring up black unemployment because its at the lowest level ever. isn’t it worth pointing out and celebrating? seems to me, that only a very cynical, politically motivated person, would question the value in touting this achievement.

Can you please quote a post of mine, where i said that all the jobs were great with high wages? all you’re doing, is looking to poke holes in the roaring economy. because you don’t like the current POTUS.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
i bring up black unemployment because its at the lowest level ever. isn’t it worth pointing out and celebrating? seems to me, that only a very cynical, politically motivated person, would question the value in touting this achievement.

Can you please quote a post of mine, where i said that all the jobs were great with high wages? all you’re doing, is looking to poke holes in the roaring economy. because you don’t like the current POTUS.
isn’t it worth pointing out Yes and celebrating? No everyone's unemployments rates went down

I am poking holes in the perception that somehow all is fine in the black community based on unemployment number ,, like all things are equal

The unemployment rate of African Americans decreased from 16 percent in 2010 to 7.5 percent in 2017. The general national unemployment rate was 4.4 percent
37,144,530 non-Hispanic blacks, which comprised 12.1% of the population.

Unemployment rate of the white labor force has decreased to 3.8 percent in 2017, compared to 8.7 percent in 2010 246,660,710 million or 77.35% of the population
Old 10-16-2018, 03:50 PM   #67
detbuch

Quote:
isn’t it worth pointing out Yes and celebrating? No everyone's unemployments rates went down

I am poking holes in the perception that somehow all is fine in the black community based on unemployment number ,, like all things are equal

The unemployment rate of African Americans decreased from 16 percent in 2010 to 7.5 percent in 2017. The general national unemployment rate was 4.4 percent

Unemployment rate of the white labor force has decreased to 3.8 percent in 2017, compared to 8.7 percent in 2010 246,660,710 million or 77.35% of the population
So you created a strawman and poked holes in it. Brilliant.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:

"No everyone's unemployments rates went down "

Are everyone's unemployment rates the lowest ever recorded? Yes, or no?

" I am poking holes in the perception that somehow all is fine in the black community based on unemployment number"

Then you are poking holes in something that no one, anywhere. at any time, has ever said. Can you tell me who said that? Who are you responding to, exactly?
Old 10-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #69
detbuch

Quote:
Then you are poking holes in something that no one, anywhere. at any time, has ever said. Can you tell me who said that? Who are you responding to, exactly?
He's responding to the strawman he created. He's trying very hard Jim. Give him some credit for exertion.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #70
Ian
Idiot

You guys remember that this thread was supposed to be something everyone could agree on? Kanye being balls out crazy?

Somehow we managed to get all the way to Obama vs Trump’s impact on unemployment in the black population?
Old 10-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #71
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
You guys remember that this thread was supposed to be something everyone could agree on? Kanye being balls out crazy?

Somehow we managed to get all the way to Obama vs Trump’s impact on unemployment in the black population?
How does a balls out crazy guy become a self-made billionaire, and marry a balls out sex goddess?
Old 10-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #72
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
How does a balls out crazy guy become a self-made billionaire, and marry a balls out sex goddess?
The answer to your first is that he hasn’t always been balls out crazy

The answer to your second is that she’s just as narcicistic and mentally ill

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:53 AM   #73
detbuch

Quote:

I honestly don't know anything about either one of them--just whatever the media's mood of the day portrays them to be. Even at that, since I care not a whit about celebrities, and only get glimpses when a discussion about a topic I'm interested in gets a mention of them inserted, or photos and headlines shout out to me when I search and scan other topics.

So not only am I not qualified to have an opinion about how crazy or narcissistic they are, I don't even have enough info and personal contact with them to make a judgment if I were qualified.

I wasn't interested in either Kanye, or what he had to say about Trump, beyond the impact it has on the black vote. And the hullabaloo made about his White House visit prompted me to watch a video of it.

He didn't seem particularly "crazy" to me. On a daily basis, I am in contact with a lot of Blacks, often more than Whites. He resembled a type of intellectually curious young black male who is excited about discovering amazing "truths" of life that exist beyond the constricted black culture in which he has been raised. He seemed very exuberant but lacked the reserve or restraint required to look more sophisticated, or "together." To me, it looked more innocent and endearing rather than crazy.

The success he's achieved in rising above and escaping the closed minded culture of his childhood seems to have given him the confidence to publicly express his discoveries and has emboldened the belief that he can influence toward the good the larger arena of his new life beyond the old "hood." But the lack of an advanced vocabulary (as is typical of someone jumping from the language of the hood which extracts meanings from fewer words that mean a lot of different things, depending on mood and context) probably made him appear to be goofy when he tried to speak his ideas in the political and social arena that requires a more precise diction.

I suppose, having seen a lot of attempts by young blacks trying to sound more sophisticated then they are, and not having the right words to pull it off (and often having the same difficulty myself), I get where they're coming from. And, probably, so do a lot of blacks (obviously not the Don Lemon types) many of whom may be persuaded to support Trump. Which, I think, the black Lemons are afraid of. And who probably perfectly well understood What Kanye said, and so must ridicule it to lessen its effect.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:24 AM   #74
wdmso

the west incident at the white house The constant mententioning of black unemployment are not accidental.. thats Trumps straw man .. if you can see that message .. your a Fan boy no if but about it ..

there are many articles who see the same thing.. shocking ..

Trump has spent months boasting that black unemployment has fallen during his presidency, pointing to the numbers as proof his policies are benefiting all Americans and to try to deflect the accusations of racism and bigotry that surround him and his administration.

About 30% of Kansas City’s population is black. Every month, seemingly, Donald Trump uses Twitter to trumpet how well black people have done under his presidency.

Blue Hills is 91% African American and the unemployment rate is 17%. Neighbouring Ivanhoe is 86% African American and the unemployment rate is even higher, at 26%.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:25 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
the west incident at the white house The constant mententioning of black unemployment are not accidental.. thats Trumps straw man .. if you can see that message .. your a Fan boy no if but about it ..

there are many articles who see the same thing.. shocking ..

Trump has spent months boasting that black unemployment has fallen during his presidency, pointing to the numbers as proof his policies are benefiting all Americans and to try to deflect the accusations of racism and bigotry that surround him and his administration.

About 30% of Kansas City’s population is black. Every month, seemingly, Donald Trump uses Twitter to trumpet how well black people have done under his presidency.

Blue Hills is 91% African American and the unemployment rate is 17%. Neighbouring Ivanhoe is 86% African American and the unemployment rate is even higher, at 26%.
oh, it’s a straw man that black unemployment is low? Tell me more...
Old 10-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
oh, it’s a straw man that black unemployment is low? Tell me more...
His giving it a herculean attempt. Give him an A for effort. It takes a lot of work to dig up the right articles and angles that slant in the left direction.

Notice how, even after Ian's reminder of what the subject of this thread is, he smoothly slides West's name from being about his craziness to being about unemployment. And that is somehow a strawman for something.

It's like he is a fanboy about that something . . . whatever that is.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #77
fishbones

There’s an elephant in the room and no one is acknowledging it.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:03 AM   #78
wdmso

In reality there is not much we can agree on as Americans

http://www.people-press.org/2018/10/...-s/graphic1-7/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Graphic13.png
Views:	386
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	65675  
Old 10-19-2018, 05:58 AM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
His giving it a herculean attempt. Give him an A for effort. It takes a lot of work to dig up the right articles and angles that slant in the left direction.

Notice how, even after Ian's reminder of what the subject of this thread is, he smoothly slides West's name from being about his craziness to being about unemployment. And that is somehow a strawman for something.

It's like he is a fanboy about that something . . . whatever that is.
looks like you truly resent the fact that black unemployment is at historical lows, that really seems to be bothering you. if you think that’s all he can point to, you’re wrong. overall unemployment is at a 50 year low, the stock market is up nicely since january 2017, gdp growth was awesome last quarter ( third quarter number comes out next week), and most of us have a little more spending money in our pockets, and every single person who works in the private sector, works for a company that’s more profitable thanks to the corporate tax cuts.

obviously, we have serious problems that need to be addressed. But as much as i despise the guy, he has done a lot of good things. sure would be nice if he could stop being a vindictive baby, but i didn’t vote for him to date my mom, i voted for results. if he wants to go on tv and make fun of me for being bald and chubby, but my IRA is still going up, then i don’t care about my feelings. I don’t need to rely on the potus to make me feel good about myself, i rely on my POTUS to keep us safe and to help the economy. He has to get at least an A- on those topics.

I’m stunned by how often he wins. Stormy Daniels starts a go fund me page to help her sue Trump for defamation, and people donate. Well she loses and is ordered to pay Trumps legal fees, so the Trump haters who donated to her, some of their money will go to Trump. You can’t make that up.

Everybody thinks they are going to be the one that beats him, and 95% of the time they end up with egg in their face and step on a rake on their way out the door which shoots up and hits them in the face. I’m curious to know if he’s personally engineering this strategy, or if he has some genius doing it for him. Is there a secret cabinet position called “secretary of making liberals make azzes of themselves”? if there is, he deserves a huge, huge raise.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #80
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:

It's Trump's fault ; )

Quote:

^^^^ Ding Ding Ding

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 10-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
So Trump made him balls out crazy. Trump does that to a lot of people.