Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 12-11-2003, 10:00 AM   #1
Goose

Angry eeeeeeeerrrrrr

I wicked hate malls especialy this time of the year, seems like everyone is on a mission. I can deal with people bumpin into me cutin me off in the parkin lot , the usual, but Mother $%&8er I can't deal with theifs. This time of year what the F%$#@ posses these nutts ta steal

I get home to find my wife in tears. She had the kids with her to do some shopping in the mall and made a stop at radio sack. She put her bags down for what ever reason. it didn't take long someone had walked off with them. She's pretty easy goin and loves this time year like most women do, but she was yellin and in tears while at security....F&%@#in burns me up!! Its not even so much about the $, it's that it'll make someone depressed when you least expect it.

We know how hard it is sometimes to find the right gifts for people and hard we work for the things we have. We have what we need thank God, and atleast I hope that some of those item's make's a child in need happy.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:04 AM   #2
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Angry

fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
Jimbo

I don't know how to make those flamey faces, anyway there probably aren't enough to show how this bugs me. It really hits home. I took yesterday off to maybe beat some crowds in the malls; some of the of the dregs the likes of which took your wife's packages. I'm sorry for whatever reason some people justify the need to steal from those unsuspecting or unable to protect themselves. I don't understand what sometimes drives people especially in a time of year we're supposed to be most caring of each other.
Yesterday in our mall I came upon some teens taunting a mildly retarded man about the same age as myself. It tore me to shreds inside because I have never been able to treat someone else, anyone else, that way. I walked up to him (no idea what his name was) and said, "Hey George, here you are, I was looking for you. Say, these kids aren't bothering you are they?" I'm tall and definitely not a terribly assuming person, but I was so beside myself I made threats I'm not sure I could have kept against 7-8 kids. Then I grabbed his arm and led him off to find secuity. As we were walking away, he said, "I'm not George, I'm Thomas. What's your name?" I don't hink he had a clue what happened. I told him my name then left him with security after explaining what had happened. I'm totally the opposite of a mall person and can think of a million other places I'd rather be, but now I see nothing else I can do but shadow my family anytime they go. This s%&t's gotta stop! People gotta change!
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:42 PM   #5
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Unfortunately today it's OK to steal, look at World Com and Tyco for example.

Goose, I'm with you, I hope what they took goes to someone who really needs it. Still burns me up though.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 03:24 PM   #6
Newboater

Thanks

Thanks for having the decency to walk into the situation with the kids and guide the victim away.

I'm sure it wasn't as dangerous as stopping a robbery but it took a really decent and caring individual to do that.

May your return be health and happiness in the New Year

The Ole Sarge

The Ole Sarge
RC&SU (Rude Crude & Socially Unacceptable)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Newboater is offline   Reply With Quote