Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 12-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Outer Banks charter in July?

I will probably be in the Outer Banks of NC this coming July, in the Duck area. Would love to take my 11 year-old fishing for at least a half day, preferably an inshore light-tackle kind of thing, not something like tuna trolling with a high likelihood of getting skunked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...would also appreciate any other suggestions for fun things for little kids to do (will be ages 11, 8, and 7). Will be our first time there.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
niko

I fished down there last august. check out the Oregon inlet fishing center, they make it pretty easy. call them up and tell them what day you want to fish and how many guys you have. they will set you up on one the boats out of the marina. they are all pretty nice both inshore and offshore. I would do it again for sure. I showed up pretty early and the mate was rigging ballyhoo already. we went offshore and went 3 for 3 on white marlin - one was 125#. and we made a few drifts for tilefish on the way back in so everyone could bring some meat home. when you get back to the dock, theres a crowd gathered to check out the days catch. the mate unloads the fish and a crew of guys comes over and takes it to a building and processes it as you want. its a pretty slick operation. that time of year for inshore - Spanish macks, puppy drum in the back bays, tiger sharks

my 1st wife didn't like me fishing so much
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #3
niko

The orv tour to go see the wild horses was pretty cool
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko View Post
The orv tour to go see the wild horses was pretty cool
Thanks, you always respond to my posts looking for suggestions, and I notice that and appreciate it.

I also found a guy down there who can take us out on his commercial boat to fish for shrimp (nets) and blue crabs (hauling pots). Then he gives us a bunch of shrimp and crabs to take, and there's a clam shack across the street that will cook it all up for us. When we go to the cape every year, one of my favorite things is spending a few hours on a lobster boat in P-Town, my kids love it. This should be like that, I hope.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
niko

taking the kids on adventures is the best. We just started putting a trip to panama together